+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can't destroy socketed, unwanted gems

Can't destroy socketed, unwanted gems

Since Crystal Combat landed on PS4. I slapped on the first bunch of resplendant cosmic gems to all classes, thinking I can just destroy them once I got better gems. But I learned that it is no longer possible to do that. While in the Gems tab, I press 'X' on the gem and it goes to level it up instead. Since 'Triangle' button does the same action, I can only assume that this is a bug. Please fix this. I don't want to spend thousands of cubits to remove unwanted gems.

did u try socketing a new gem OVER the existing one? on pc we click and drag a new gem and it deletes the old

That is exactly what I am trying to do. I have played Trove on PS4 for a year and a half. Used to be able to select socketed gem and place new gem, destroying the old one. Only since the update I've noticed it not working anymore.

I believe this is due to so many people crushing gems accidently. Its a smart move on their part, as it eliminates a lot of tickets submitted. Obviously it comes at a price.

I have tested this on PC version. If you can still destroy gems on PC, then why should console players have to pay. I don't believe this was done on purpose. This is a bug and it needs to be fixed ASAP.

When will this be fixed? We need a way to destroy unwanted gems on console. It can still be done on PC, so, please fix this.

Open your inventory and select the gem you want to socket (this will open your gem tab). Next select them gem you wish to replace. Now, switch over to your inventory which is open, and select the gem you wish to socket again. This will allow you to replace the current one, destroying the current one in the process.

While this works fine for lesser gems, it can be a problem for empowered ones since you can only have one of any single type socketed at a time. I wanted to replace two empowered gems last week with better ones, but they were of different colors, so I was unable to replace and destroy because that type was already in another socket. The only options I had was to remove one of the bad ones (a waste of cubits) or socket another gem which would then be destroyed when I placed the one I actually wanted. We do get more cubits daily now, so there is that at least...

Thank You So Much! Really! This will save me thousands of Cubits. I only hope that other players see this before wasting Cubits, removing crappy gems, like I did on several classes already. This is great, Thank you

9.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks everyone for reporting the issue, we are investigating it!

Quote Originally Posted by ODemiurgeO View Post
    Open your inventory and select the gem you want to socket (this will open your gem tab). Next select them gem you wish to replace. Now, switch over to your inventory which is open, and select the gem you wish to socket again. This will allow you to replace the current one, destroying the current one in the process.

While this works fine for lesser gems, it can be a problem for empowered ones since you can only have one of any single type socketed at a time. I wanted to replace two empowered gems last week with better ones, but they were of different colors, so I was unable to replace and destroy because that type was already in another socket. The only options I had was to remove one of the bad ones (a waste of cubits) or socket another gem which would then be destroyed when I placed the one I actually wanted. We do get more cubits daily now, so there is that at least...
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <3!!
    This helped me with lesser gems = it worked!!
    ... I did not try it with the empowered yet (since I wasted far too many re-gemerators already moving mine around, a couple of days ago).

I do hope they fix it, though ...

+ Reply to Thread