+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Subterranean Scramble Event is Here! - my feedback.

Subterranean Scramble Event is Here! - my feedback.

I was working on the new event yesterday, and I was disappointed to find out that 7/7 required a player to go to Tier3 or higher of the Geode caves in order to complete the quest line.

More recent quest lines were doable by a brand new player for the most part, and I liked that design choice. but the Subterranean Scramble is requiring more advanced game play in the Geode caves.

My accounts are basically at level 1 on the Geode gear. I did the minimal in the past to complete the other events that required a minimal amount of time in the Geode caves. Now I am having to decide if I want to skip the end of the quest, or spend some time in order to upgrade air to the point that I can run to Tier3 to complete the quest. I'm leaning towards skipping it as the reward does not seem to be worth the effort required.

Another point is the flood of requests in Global chat last night related to "How do I find Diggsly's Shadow?" "How do I get to Tier3?" "Invite to Diggsly's Shadow", "Invite to Tier3". This is not a simple explanation that can be explained in a few minutes to new players in Global chat.

I agree. Although you can get to T3 through the caves expertise thread, that thread takes ages to complete. As you said, the event questline gives no indication on what to to to be able to get to tier 3 caves, so many people are left floundering and asking for invites which are impossible to receive.
    I liked the idea of utilizing the Geode caves for this event, it makes sense thematically but was poorly executed. Having t3 be the requirement was what doomed this event. Even if it was just t2, that's like, half the expertise thread you don't have to do to finish the quest.
    Another thing that bugged me was that the two daily quests from the shadow are random. So you have to spend time searching for the thing that gives you the quest to search for eggs. Sorry, but I'll stick to just the mine ores daily for this event.

Things I enjoyed about this questline:
    1. It was unique. We'd never dug into Diggsly's lore or life before (pun may or may not be intended), and using Ground-Hog's Day instead of the another Lovebugs Valentines Day event is a relief. The bashful lovebugs really don't need any more market saturation for a long while.
    2. The Missing Poster with the text pop-up was a really cool little addition to the game. I can always appreciate more interesting deco.
    3. Having to search for evidence around the hub and talking with NPC's for clues was engaging, would also give noobs a bit more of a chance to fully explore the hub and learn where things are. Seeing little Police Qubesly's running around the hub is also entertaining, gives it some pop.
    4. The use of the token system again is nice, glad there's such a wide variety of stuff in the merchant (who seems to use Todstrom's model, but I don't recall Todstrom having a tail from the little we see of him in the tutorial and Halloween, so is it a new model?)

The quest to find a promising egg can also take a long time. Despite having max gear and gas, I averaged 1 promising egg per run today (only searching for eggs in tier 5), which makes me wonder how long it would take for someone without access to tier 5 or 4.
    IGN: Architect
    Referral Code: YNCGF39PMZK2N6HZPJCQ

The only real reward for the event is the ally the merchant sells for 10 tokens. Those 10 tokens are pretty easy to get by even doing a partial of the questline and then doing the mining quest from Diggsly, which does not need to be done in the geode caves. You can do it in Dragonfire Peaks with some bombs in less than a minute.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

I agree with Summer on this.

I still don't understand why they force us to play the most awful content in the game, that being geode caves.

I really tried to do the daily geode caves quests, but after 3 minutes in that, it's just awfully boring and annoying, combined with 10 minute loading screen just asks for /quit in chat.

Claps.

IGN : Autumn| Leader of Laezaria

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    The only real reward for the event is the ally the merchant sells for 10 tokens. Those 10 tokens are pretty easy to get by even doing a partial of the questline and then doing the mining quest from Diggsly, which does not need to be done in the geode caves. You can do it in Dragonfire Peaks with some bombs in less than a minute.
    The reward I'm most interested in is the Promising Silver Companion Egg, which costs 30 tokens. This means if you do every quest each day except for the one to find promising companion eggs, you would need 3 more tokens to afford both the ally and egg.
    IGN: Architect
    Referral Code: YNCGF39PMZK2N6HZPJCQ

Quote Originally Posted by Arctech View Post
    The reward I'm most interested in is the Promising Silver Companion Egg, which costs 30 tokens. This means if you do every quest each day except for the one to find promising companion eggs, you would need 3 more tokens to afford both the ally and egg.
    I’m sure just like the Halloween event the 2nd week they will add a token pack to the cash shop

Geode tips for egg hunting at tier 5

Quote Originally Posted by Arctech View Post
    I wanted to give some insight on egg hunting to those who slogged their way to maxing geode modules. Barrier and claw. Seriously anything else is subpar. Also invest in geode egg mod, you'll thank me later. Finally, Moonglow grotto is best egg farming imo. lair generation tends to have less expansive areas that would consume too much time to search for egg.

1. Barrier prevents gas loss as well as the most important feature restores energy. This is paramount when speedrunning through lairs to check for eggs.

2. Claw is the fastest way to hit max velocity without spending a ton of energy trying to accelerate and build momentum w/ rocket boots. simply use claw and press shift (roll) while immediately afterwards begin to use rockets boots to boost you forward or upwards depending on trajectory. This is pretty easy to do for long horizontal tunnels but requires practice to catch right on vertical segments. With one energy bar you can traverse terrain that would take minutes to climb or cross in seconds.

3. Egg mod. Time is an invaluable resource when egg hunting. every time you have to scan a room at the end of the lair and guess incorrectly where the egg may have spawned you will lose that much more farming time that could be put towards another egg.

life hacks:
    When you get to a lair entrance, dig a hole to either the left or right of the entrance so that you can remind yourself what direction you need to travel once you finished that lair. You'd be surprised how easy it is once in autopilot to forget your way and find yourself backtracking unintentionally.

Companions:
    Everyone has their own preference but I prefer the uncommon or rare Qubrik (cube ally). The next would be the rare Gleemur (salamander) if you have no interest in mining for your egg run. Ultimately, depending on your focus of the journey, you may find some allies will fit your needs better than others. I prefer an extra boost in mining laser as I still collect mid-tier and high-tier caches as 25 builderite or ancient gears for a few seconds of time is easy flux. Best locations are where you are being bombarded by flowers as you can use barrier to provide an infinite source of energy.

Results:
    I average 13-15 eggs per run and I stop to mine occasionally. If I'm halfway watching a movie with kids/wife I'll hit 10 easy. I'm not nearly as aggressive as others who hit +15 consistently but I don't feel like its necessary to push that hard.

Hope these tips help because it is totally possible to finish geode ally collection now if you are willing to lodestar up those promising eggs. I spent 1500 dragon coins i saved up to buy golden eggs on black Friday, but I would have greatly preferred the opportunity to get that last ally without having to have such a resource sink. This is how eggs should have always worked in my opinion, or at least going forward now that the content has been out for a while.

Okay so with all the complaining I decided to take an alt into geode caves. This alt had a geode mastery of 0.

It took me 1 hour and 35 minutes to go through the quest line far enough to get the gas upgrade which is enough to get you to Tier 3 where Diggsly's Shadow is. Bear in mind this account also had no eggs and no companion. Mining the ore was painful but seriously, 95 minutes to do a quest that you have 2 weeks to complete is not bad at all.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

How is everyone's luck with the bronze promising eggs? So far I've hatched 15 and only got uncommon allies. I still need seven rare.. I've been farming them alot and will continue to do so as I need the rate companions horribly. I'm just wondering what everyone else has had so far with luck on the bronze ones. Trying to decide whether to farm 200 or way more. Lol

+ Reply to Thread