+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chaos Sparks

Chaos Sparks

To go off of my last post about Binding Darkness i want to quickly address the gem re-rollers. Months ago during a live stream, i had asked if there could be a change implemented where the stats would cycle through like how we choose a stellar aura. It would remove the randomness of it and make it a more reliable item.

The response they gave was "no plans for that now but never say never".

So we are in 2019, @fasti, can we have this change added to chaos sparks? lol I feel it would help tremendously and can be smoothly put into a little patch. I greatly appreciate feedback from the community about this.

Gems are really honestly easy too easy to get perfect us it is. Before, you had to deal with low PR, no augmenting, one Or two stats on lvl 1 dropped gems with weighted chances toward lower ones, boosts that you couldn't swap around, 6 total lunar souls a week on ultra.. Etc

It's nice to new people that getting a set of perfect gems takes less than 500 boxes total but the whole grind was basically nullified already. I actually used to like the RNG system they had because it kept people playing. Now everyone has perfect gems and there's no need to keep playing. Almost everyone I know already has perfect cosmics fully augmented and it took less than a week for people to get them. Even more so with people who had gem dust saved up for augments.

In the past it woulda been months before people started getting decent PR gems with good boosts.

Idk I guess it wouldn't matter but I've always liked the RNG gambling aspect of Trove lol

Quote Originally Posted by See View Post
    Idk I guess it wouldn't matter but I've always liked the RNG gambling aspect of Trove lol

mhm its all fun and games until you roll MH on your gem 10x before getting the damage stat you need. I've recently had to tweak the pearls on my VG, all i had to do is switch CD with PD, and now my gem is stuck with MH and MD. I love rng but not on my gems.

Quote Originally Posted by The808Keoni View Post
    mhm its all fun and games until you roll MH on your gem 10x before getting the damage stat you need.

^This. I already wasted four Chaos Flares on a boost that went to the wrong stat every time.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperW775 View Post
    ^This. I already wasted four Chaos Flares on a boost that went to the wrong stat every time.
    Im so sorry to hear that man, i figured it would be just as bad. It is one of the most necessary items to perfect gems and also the most problematic. Fingers crossed @Fasti sees this and we get a change implemented. Make it cost 3 chaos sparks for all i care but make it to where we can CHOOSE where it goes.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by The808Keoni View Post
    Im so sorry to hear that man, i figured it would be just as bad. It is one of the most necessary items to prefect gems and also the most problematic. Fingers crossed @Fasti sees this and we get a change implemented. Make it cost 3 chaos sparks for all i care but make it to where we can CHOOSE where it goes.
    I honestly agree with everything you've said, crafting sparks should be reduced or something.
    Use this code if you are below 20 mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles__ View Post
    I honestly agree with everything you've said, crafting sparks should be reduced or something.
    Definitely, make it cost 1 lunar soul and 1000 eyes. Keep the BD at 4 to make it still a grind but give us a Legendary Tome or something lol so many have farmed so much and gotten back so little. I was so damn excited to hear about the addition of Chaos flares until i heard how it works.
    Imo, trove can benefit in community and longevity by making changes that makes the game overall more balanced and keeping it grind-y. I feel a lot of people wouldn't mind spending hours upon hours grinding a resource if they KNEW it was guaranteed.

I HAVE no issue farming BD just kill lots of world bosses out in adv worlds and in the shadow towers, few of my buddy’s and I farm it all the time we have to much of it u just have to kill lots of world bosses not the dungeon bosses that spawn a chest just the roaming ones

I have been badgering them about BD since they came out. They have needed changing for a long time. The thing is, it seems to only affect half the playerbase. Half have like 1k BD and have no idea what others are so upset about. Then others ( I am in this category) can't get binding darkness to save our lives, even after farming DD 50 times.

Of course, then it goes to actually augmenting them, and going through the MH debacles.

Fasti, either include BD into the normal rotation of rewards, or make it to where 1 BD is 1 swap. or 4 makes it so you can choose, or increase the drop rate. SOMETHING. It's been a long overdue issue. Please do something about it

The problems with chaos sparks boil down to 3 big parts of the crafting process.

1. Lunar Souls: Time-Gated Items which are required to get empowered gem boxes or you decide to save them up for Chaos Sparks. Since there is a maximum of Lunar Souls you can get per week, this also gives you a maximum amount of chaos sparks you can craft per week. Remember: Chaos Flares also need 2 Chaos Sparks. It works out barely for Patron players, for Free2Play players it must be hell...

2. RNG-Binding Darkness: BD Drops are terrible, there are several ongoing posts on the forums atm, with the suggestion to increase the dropchance. To get the maximum amount of BD for the week, that you need to craft the Chaos Sparks, players have to grind around 4 - 8 hours. Of course that also depends on you PR and how fast you are able to clear ST. Some people even have the problem, that they donŽt get any BD drops.

3. RNG-Reroll: You canŽt choose which stat you want or where the boost on your gem should go. Because of this cou may have to use 4 - 6 rerolls on a single stat until you get the right one.

Now, if there were only one or two of these things it woudnŽt be that bad. However, the fact that all three of these things influence the ability to reroll your gems is just terrible. I canŽt imagine how Free2Play players must feel, especially if they only have a limited amount of time to play Trove.

Suggestions:
    1. Increase the BD droprate by a lot. This way people are still limited to a specified amount of rerolls per week, however they wonŽt have to grind up to 5/6 hours just for BD.
    2. DonŽt increase the droprate but let us choose which stat weŽll get. I feel like this would be the best solutions, getting BD would still take a lot of work, however we would have a guaranteed reroll-success.

3. (hopefully) There have been rumors, that weŽll be able to grow BD once we get the gardening rework. I donŽt know how much or how fast we would be able to grow BD, however, it would certinly improve the reroll system.

4. Make BD tradeable. A lot of high level players are literally sitting on mountains of BD. Even if BD prices were like old Pearl prices (17 - 20k) it would give us a way to get BD faster.

+ Reply to Thread