+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Binding Darkness Feedback

Wink Binding Darkness Feedback

This resource has been an ongoing issue for a lot of players including myself. Yesterday i farmed an hour of Hard DD, which has the most world bosses this week, and i didn't get a single drop. Primarily BD is used for contained chaos sparks which is important for gems and maxing out your character PR. I can get past the 2100 eyes needed as well as the 3 lunar souls, however moving forward until we get the new garden system, i would like to see a change implemented to Binding Darkness.

My proposed change is to allow ALL shadow tower enemies a chance to drop it, not just the world bosses. It keeps the same drop rate and gives players initiative to grind/kill everything.
    Another idea is to make it a more common drop but only attained from chests upon dungeon completion. This makes it more reliable to grind in both ST and regular adventure worlds.

I humbly ask for thoughts/opinions on this resource and how it can be improved. Thank you and have a great day everyone.

How about a Binding Darkness legendary book? 10 a week sounds about right...
    Woo, husband of AJo | Mastery: 700+ | President of Garden of Wool | Alpha - Knight Supporter

Yeah that is awesome i agree, a tome that grants 20 BD will be perfect. 18 lunar souls from Ultra DOTM and the 20 will ensure people can craft 5 a week. Even a lesser tome that grants you 4 upon completion is a great solution.

If this workaround does not get implemented, how about they figure out why certain accounts get 0 binding darkness to drop?

In before fasti replies with "Just keep in mind that Binding Darkness are best found in Adventure worlds".

Dont be fooled by the most world bosses, as that doesn't necessarily mean you will have a better chance at getting binding darkness.

Try all 3 of the hard and see which one you get drops from. I've found that often its just one or if you're lucky 2 world bosses that will even drop it in any given week. Once you know the specific boss, then farm the hell out of it.

Best case scenario is its in the first floor and you can kill it then exit out.

A lot of drops are broken for different people and it's always been this way. I seriously doubt they can fix the issue with the RNG we're stuck with. So implementing a tome would be beneficial to so many players it should happen sooner rather than later.

Some of my worst are DDE, Talismans and Dragon egg fragments except for the latest ore dragons added..

Binding Darkness are not an issue for me thankfully. I've had an estimated 600+ drop. Of those maybe 20 were in ST and I run a lot of ST. All badges completed and I run 2-4 full runs as well as multiple solo UM boss runs either for the contest or inviting people that need the bosses. I also do HM and UM loot runs as ST is great for fast flux from drops.

I kill almost every elite I see in the world and that's where the majority of my BD drop.

See I never know what to make of the whole "Binding Darkness" situation as for whatever reason I'm sitting on 1,897 of them.

I do understand that for some they are rather elusive. I spend a lot of time boss farming in ST's for loot drops (so maybe I get a few from there, never really pay attention) and I also find I tend to get a lot from gem booster boxes.

I remember there was a time where getting binding darkness was fairly easy. The drop rate was pretty fair and I sat on maybe 100 or so. I used those up quickly and by the time I needed them again, the drop rates had changed. Now I barely get them, if at all.
    RECRUITING: THE NORTH & FAZ ESSE || MASTERY: 540+ || Be wary of this scam/exploit!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulant View Post
    I remember there was a time where getting binding darkness was fairly easy. The drop rate was pretty fair and I sat on maybe 100 or so. I used those up quickly and by the time I needed them again, the drop rates had changed. Now I barely get them, if at all.
    amen bro i feel like the drop rate was changed, especially because so many ST enemies had the starfire dragon frag issue and the ones from the everdark dropped nothing.

"See I never know what to make of the whole "Binding Darkness" situation as for whatever reason I'm sitting on 1,897 of them."

Even if thatīs true, you probably have more time to play Trove than most players here combined.

Casual players donīt have the time to grind several hours of STs every day. Also, you seem to have fun doing STs that often, however, most players think itīs a tedious task and donīt have a lot of fun while doing it.

They shoud upgrade the droprates. Hopefully Binding Darkness will be a growable ressource in the gardening update.

+ Reply to Thread