+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sword Singer Class (Suggestion)

Sword Singer Class (Suggestion)

A formidable master of both the Arcane and Martial arts, hums their song of battle with a trio of blades spiraling around their body, holding onto orbs of mystical energy in either hand.

(Melee Hybrid - Physical Attacker)
    Radiant Ruins Biome Theme

Dash/Dodge Animation - The Sword Singer flies forward and twirls with his blades tunneling around him/her. Do the Sheev spin.

Basic M1 (Swish and Sweep) Attack - The Sword Singer, sways their arms, as if conducting an orchestra, sending his flying blades, swinging into patterns of slashes to decimate foes at a wide angle of attack and with surprising range.

M2 Attack (Lunge) - The Sword Singer pushes his arms in the general direction and his blades fly towards that area or target, travelling some distance before immediately returning. (Consumes Energy)

Aggressive - The Sword Singer's Blades not only fly towards their target but also leave behind shadows of their selves for 30 seconds, which attack and distract their target for increased damage per second. (Consumes Energy)

Defensive - The Sword Singer's Blades now circle around him, with their tips pointed downwards in a protective encirclement of their user. When Struck, the blades absorb 90% of incoming damage and stagger targets, targets that are staggered are interrupted from attacking and have a chance of taking extra damage when hit. (Consumes Energy)

1 Ability (Stance) - The Sword Singer raises his arms momentarily as he switches his blades stance between, Aggressive, Defensive and Neutral which is his default stance. Aggressive has the blades point horizontally as they orbit and causes them to emit a sinister red as well as the orbs in the orbs within the Singer's hands. Defensive does relatively the same, however the aura is blue and the blades circle with the flat of their blades providing a wall of steel around their wielder, though this is aesthetic purely.
    Switching stances changes the Lunge/M2 Attack and Blade rush/2 ability. (Does not consume energy)

2 Ability (Blade Rush) - The Sword singer opens his arms out before his enemies, before more blades appear before him, allowing him to throw blades whenever he attacks and keep a spiraling tornado of swords around him.

Aggressive - Following the same action, blades begin falling from the sky, hitting all nearby targets repeatedly for large amounts of damage until the ability ends after 15 seconds, attack speed is also increased by 50% during this. (Consumes Energy)

Defensive - This action now causes a snowball of blades to roll and form around the Sword Singer, protecting him from all damage temporarily whilst being attacked, the more damage the swords absorb, the better as it charges a powerful explosion which only grows with more damage. After the 10 seconds of charging are up, the sphere of blades suddenly all point outwards and explode outwards, sending blades in all directions, dealing damage which is more dependent on how much it absorbs, knocking back un-slain foes and stun locking them. (Consumes Energy)

Passive (Combat Tempo) - The more enemies that the Sword Singer is faced with, the faster he attacks and moves. This multiplier stacks every 2 enemies, making him perfect crowd control material. 2 Enemies = +5% Attack speed +10 Movement Speed and so on... Caps at 6 stacks.

Subclass - Stunned/Snared Enemies take bonus damage when hit.
    +2% Critical Chance

Isn't Shadow Hunter already the Radiant Ruins class?

I like the idea. I'm also all about a somewhat ranged sword class, and had an idea of my own, but realised it's kinda hard to implement. Yours, tho, is really cool, but I think it has to much stuff for Trove.

The stance idea is very cool, specially with the fact that we already have a class that does that, but three stances is too much, don't you think? Maybe mix them a bit, or try to maintain only two, so it's both easier to make and easier to play. I also think that, if the class different stances that can be changed quickier, it shouldn't affect the ultimate, only regular abilities, or the stance change should be your ultimate, like VG.

@INN3R_C4L4M1TY
    I thought that biomes weren't bound to on single class, but as I were responding to you, I realized that all classes come from a specific place indeed. I find it funny that VG and NN, in theory, come from the same place but not really. I also think that limiting that is sort of pointless? Idk. This class could be from Topside or Geode Caves, or even Forbidden Spires, if he can't be from Radiant Ruins.

The attire I had in mind was that similar to a War-mage, robes, clad in armored plates, only reason I chose the Radiant Ruins biome is because I couldn't really think of a biome that best suited that of someone who is essentially an Equinox of light and dark, melee and magic, etcetera.
    The stances are an extra level of complexity to the character, so that when mastered is a force to be reckoned with, being able to fulfill almost any combat role. Long range harasser, Tank, Dps, Crowd Control. I am aware that the concept of combat roles has been replaced entirely by the need for more Damage per second.

And having the stances being the ultimate kind of ruins the opportunity for further capability.

I had a similiar idea witch was RuneSword witch had all the elemnts abilities like fire ice and lightning. Its abilities: passive: that meele atack with sword has a chance to enchant the sword with a random power of 3 elements lightning: stuns per hit, fire: ignite enemis dealing damage over time and Ice: slows enemy movment and attack speed by 25% stack up to 2 times the sword enchance effect last for 10 secs on sword and effects 5 on enemies aditional attacks rebuff the effect also the cooldown is 30 secs the ability also grant that the class can use pd and md stats at the same time. Ult time stop: cases all enemies movment and attack speed decrese 50% and enchance runesword atats giving hime 50% increase movment speed and 50% increse damage. The m2 i was thinking should be like a runetrap like the ones in skyrm but when u use m2 it has a chance 1/3 to become a fire stat: wich cases dot for
    5 secs, ice stat: witch causes slow for 4 sec or lightning stat witch stuns for 3 secs cooldown 10 secs. Also the 1 ability would be; Enchanter: witch echances sword with intense magical energy causing each swing to crate a magic wave wich cases stun, fire dot effect and ice effect on enemis for 5 secs sword is enchanted for 10 secs cooldown 30 secs aditional hit rebuff the buff inflicted. Cg : Enchances m2 ability making the rune trap to cause the 3 effects ( stun, ice, fire dot) for 5 stun ,fire. Las 7 and 9 secs ice but double the cooldown witch was 10 secs making it 20 secs.

+ Reply to Thread