+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lesser Geodian Topside Cache

Lesser Geodian Topside Cache

What are your thoughts on these caches?

I feel the fragments and pearls really get in the way when the main goal is getting crystalline cores

we already get plenty of 10/50's from C2/C3 drops, 5000+ forge fragments but starved* of crystalline cores to upgrade crystal 3 gear
    *I could upgrade my 3rd c3 item to 5*, but I haven't got a hat with the right stats yet, c3 spear queued up after it
    5434/6734 forge fragments remaining, 448/1360 crystalline cores remaining after 2 c3's a mount and tome
    We're looking at almost 5 froge fragments per core total so far (w/ tome procs), and the required forge cost is like 1.75 fragments per core.
    Unfavorited Forge Fragment tome maybe two weeks ago too, don't even use it.

I'm also of the opinion of putting augments back into the uncommon table instead, 1 BB in the rare table shared with 3 other items? I feel robbed of cores whenever it and (50) fragments shows up.

Perhaps I'm more cross about it since I've been soloing these, instead of clicking join every other minute and leech

Don't forget there's the tradeable Forge Fragment tome as a rare drop as well. Unless that's included in the "3 other items." :3

The forge fragment tome makes sense; but the fragments, pearls, and bound brilliance feel like the developers taunting us. Might as well add gleamstone to the loot table, and maybe some primal grey blocks to really let the players know how much they are appreciated. Imagine "Lucky! You got 5 Primal Grey Blocks", "Sweet! You got 2 Gleamstone". With how slow it is to get Lesser Geodian Topside Caches, the loot table should reflect the time and difficulty. Bound Brilliance is not a good reward, with the leader boards and the tome, most players can't use enough bound brilliance in a week to dent their gains. Players should not be cursing pulling the uncommon and rare loot from caches. Devs, please address the loot tables.

I hate getting anything out of these boxes that arent Crystal Cores.

Pearls are a joke now days and should be removed from box drop tables.
    Speed farming U10 Topside will net you more Forge Frags then you'll need.
    IGN: VoltRabbit Officer of: Garden of Wool

End-game player perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Animo View Post
    The forge fragment tome makes sense; but the fragments, pearls, and bound brilliance feel like the developers taunting us. Might as well add gleamstone to the loot table, and maybe some primal grey blocks to really let the players know how much they are appreciated. Imagine "Lucky! You got 5 Primal Grey Blocks", "Sweet! You got 2 Gleamstone". With how slow it is to get Lesser Geodian Topside Caches, the loot table should reflect the time and difficulty. Bound Brilliance is not a good reward, with the leader boards and the tome, most players can't use enough bound brilliance in a week to dent their gains. Players should not be cursing pulling the uncommon and rare loot from caches. Devs, please address the loot tables.
    I cant speak for those with low MF but I agree with removal of fragments. However, BB is a needed resource for anyone who is actively farming on wednesdays, lvling their gems and loot collecting on wednesdays as well. Now although I speak in the mindset of an end-game player, who spends minimum 500k a week just on upgrading gems to loot for more dust, I can't agree with anything that would nerf BB as it is a time-gated resource whereas everything else is not.

Offtopic --- I don't even count Cores as time gated as there are moderate (albeit wasteful flux wise) shop exchanges to overcome crystal core needs. I've upgraded one of every c3 weapon and 2 sets of armor since u10 release. Other then starting to purchase geode styles and max every c3 piece ever collected, I don't have much reason for core drops to change except for an increased incentive for new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniadic View Post
    However, BB is a needed resource for anyone who is actively farming on wednesdays ... I can't agree with anything that would nerf BB as it is a time-gated resource whereas everything else is not.
    It's rather comically low, I may be closing in on 2,500 DungeonsRank5Bonus but this person... is likely one week ahead of me in terms of bound brilliance gained from these caches, 2,500 / 400 vs 10,000 / 400, ~6 vs ~25.

For those who don't have all the time in the world, luxion provided more bound brilliance in the same time frame
    (20 Bound Brilliance for 500 dragon coins, lead likely to widen when it cycles back to Bound Brilliance again)

I stopped getting caches on purpose over a month ago? (3) 5*s daily for cores, maxed c3 (3, MD/PD/MS) face, (2, CD/MS) hat, MS melee, CD spear, CD gun, CD staff with 700 cores to spare, I got 4* c1s and c2s to win class gem contests. Top 25&10 is P2W, on GS board you need all the money packs and the $200 badge to get into the 25 split for 1st

Another aspect of Bound Brilliance that hasn't been mentioned, Lustrous Gem Boxes
    Going by the drop rates from that thread in terms of 'Gem Dust Augments'

Patron beating out Luxion and w/e drops from Topside could have been from when this thread was made until now.
    14 weeks, without patron, to get 'ahead' by about 1 week of leaderboard rewards? I'll also pass on farming lust boxes
    paying 2.7m, 5 15D passes, for 28? extra bound brilliance.. is there for people who want it.. lol, waaay better than 2 Lust boxes for 3K credit lmao.

Pearls need to be removed.
    Since why do we want to keep getting them when we can just loot them off of Stellar?

Unless it's a "placeholder" for something that was supposed to be added. Eh, like rough foci

I am sitting over 1k pearls and it's like so ugh.
    All gear pearled and it's like why do I want to keep them, selling them for 1K flux is worthless.

The fragments seem unnecessary, but every box has something in it that you don't want. At least you get a large amount of them, and they are tradable as well, so they can be sold on the MP if you don't need them.

As for pearls, not everyone has enough magic find to have stellars drop. I hate getting pearls, but people with <1000 magic find would find them rather useful.

While the chance of getting bound brilliance is rather low, it is the only way you can farm more of them. Aside from these caches, you can only acquire BB through leaderboards, the tome, and on occasion Luxion. I'm rather happy to get them when I open a cache. BB is the bottle neck that I am faced with in the end game that keeps me from advancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    It's rather comically low, I may be closing in on 2,500 DungeonsRank5Bonus but this person... is likely one week ahead of me in terms of bound brilliance gained from these caches, 2,500 / 400 vs 10,000 / 400, ~6 vs ~25.

Patron beating out Luxion and w/e drops from Topside could have been from when this thread was made until now.
    14 weeks, without patron, to get 'ahead' by about 1 week of leaderboard rewards? I'll also pass on farming lust boxes
    paying 2.7m, 5 15D passes, for 28? extra bound brilliance.. is there for people who want it.. lol, waaay better than 2 Lust boxes for 3K credit lmao.
    I didn't sufficiently clarify that I too think the BB droprate in lesser cache is an utter joke. I just meant I wouldn't want to see it removed in my earlier statement. I really do think Lust boxes are worth it. I get to keep my lunar souls and dont have to craft flares / gem rerolls at the rate I seem to loot them. I get probably every two weeks (12 lust boxes): 1 flare, 2-4 rerolls, rest are the boosts of differing rarity.

Regardless, within a week it really wont matter to me anymore. I've been slowly forging out 50-75 precise boosts for about a month to finish maxing a set of physical gems and now only have class gems to focus on for the classes I'm interested in. Soon I'll be starting to hoard BB again since there isn't much reason to keep pushing for higher PR.

I feel like I'm going to finish c3 on every character before we even get geode phase 3. I can't say I'm too excited about that as I feel phase 3 was a good was to introduce much needed content to the endgame that gives a reason to grind our characters to the max along with needed rewards such as increased lesser cache drops or crystalline cores.

Quote Originally Posted by ODemiurgeO View Post
    The fragments seem unnecessary, but every box has something in it that you don't want. At least you get a large amount of them, and they are tradable as well, so they can be sold on the MP if you don't need them.

As for pearls, not everyone has enough magic find to have stellars drop. I hate getting pearls, but people with <1000 magic find would find them rather useful.

While the chance of getting bound brilliance is rather low, it is the only way you can farm more of them. Aside from these caches, you can only acquire BB through leaderboards, the tome, and on occasion Luxion. I'm rather happy to get them when I open a cache. BB is the bottle neck that I am faced with in the end game that keeps me from advancing.

Your magic find is irrelevant to the rarity of pearls, you can buy them off the market place; they are dirt cheap. A single crystalline core has a higher equivalent flux value, if you look at the allies and mounts that require them to be crafted (or even the Geode Style Staches), than 10 pearls.

As for bound brilliance, you can easily get 25 a week from the tome and having your characters over 5000 pr. Any end game player as you claim to be, should have all characters at least to this point. Stacked with the Lustrous gem boxes, and you can potentially get over 31 augments a week without resorting to farming a box that should have nothing to due with gem augmentation (You can't even use the gem dust from topside to make augments or anything for that matter). And if bond brilliance is your deciding factor, you need to make appropriate augments, Superior Augments give bigger pr boosts, if you are making rough foci (yes that's the plural of focus) and are low on bound brilliance it is your own fault. They have already added numerous ways to get bound brilliance, before players had to buy login tokens or wait for events.

Just because you want something, does not mean it belongs in the lesser topside cache, conversely, not wanting something does not necessarily make it not belong either. But, the cache is the only way to farm crystalline cores, as such, its purpose should be related to crystalline cores (forging crystal gear, crafting mounts, costumes, allies, tomes, etc). Therefore, if the box contains items related to crystalline cores, it is appropriate. It is not appropriate to put random items in that make no sense, pearls and bound brilliance make as much sense as putting eyes of q'bthulu or stacks of primal grey blocks or fragments of wonder. The materials are unrelated to the purpose of the loot box and as such should not be inside. Yes, some people want bound brilliance, but some people want glim too, should we add 1000 glim to the rare drops as well? No, because it does not coincide with the purpose of the box. The only items that make sense would be crystalline cores, forge fragments, nitro glitterine, the forge fragment formulae, and veridium. Would I like all those things? No, but they would make sense and match the loot box.

+ Reply to Thread