+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When is Tomb Raiser getting Reworked?

When is Tomb Raiser getting Reworked?

Tomb Raiser has been a favourite of mine due to the summoner play style that comes with it. But as I enter late-game territory with upwards of 15k PR I'm starting to realize that TR really hasn't got a lot going for it, other than it's capability of tanking due to the Health steal passive, which is only further increased, should you use the Revenant's Subclass and a minor distraction from the minions you can summon.

Which is probably why there are very little high ranking Tomb Raisers, and even less in Shadow Towers.

His/her damage output is weak, the minions are moronic and will attack whatever they want rather than the boss you threw in spitting distance of.
    And don't even get me started on the Goliath's issues.

I know Tomb Raiser is a starting class, and that it shouldn't be too ludicrous but classes like the Knight and so on, are still viable late game classes.

Tomb Raiser should have greater range and more dps overall. For example, I have 71k MD and only deal around 10-20k Damage per hit with the M1 ability and I find myself constantly having to use the 1 ability to deal any amount of substantial damage to a regular high level mob as well as heal the minions that all of which are dying to the mob and overtime, of which I'm trying to tediously merge into a Goliath. Of which there is no guarantee the ability will even work. Worst case scenario, which is not an uncommon occurrence, is for the minions to be consumed and the Goliath just doesn't show up.
    Tomb Raiser's minions should be able to somewhat handle their own without the Tomb Raiser present and take the aggro more effectively than they do already, the Tomb Raiser should only buff and restore them. Tomb Raisers should be able to heal each other's minions, I'm not sure why they can't.
    Minions should immediately direct their attention to the first person you attack rather than going off on their own, only to go unhealed and die, wasting your time and dps potential.
    If you have a fully powered Goliath and press 2 again, it shouldn't sacrifice the good one for a weaker one, it should replenish the Goliath's health and depending on the amount of minions, give it an attack speed buff, sending it into a frenzy.

I know this is a bit of an ask, but please just make Tomb Raiser a good class.

Wow, that goliath suggestion at the end there is actually an incredible idea. Incorporate that into the class gem as well and BAM! you've completely changed the playstyle of the class, just like what a class gem is supposed to do. However I do rather like the current class gem ability, it eases the burden of healing quite a bit, so i'd be sad to see it go.

Tomb Raiser is the lowest DPS in game, he always was right after MoP. I would like to see TR as good as Dracolyte, or even better. If Devs want to rework the class, they will need to take care of the damage values, minion's AI and much more. Let me quickly compare DR and TR.

Basic attack:
    DR 170% MD | 4 atk/sec.
    TR 30% MD | 4.1666 atk/sec

Minions:
    DR 6x 170% MD | 4 atk/sec ("minions each have the same damage and attack rate as the Dracolyte's basic attack" but IMO it's mostly half of Draco's damage ~ 85%) + 460% MD per egg explosion
    TR 6x 75% MD | 1 atk/sec
    TR 1x 12% MD | 1 atk/sec (Banshee)
    TR 1x 100% MD + 75% MD per minion = 550% MD | 1 atk/sec (Goliath)

Draco is getting additional +50% Magic Damage, +100% basic attack damage from [2] ultimate and 2.5% increased damage from all sources. So yeah...

If devs want to make TR good, there need to be a lot of chances. Mostly the overall damage and attack rate of minions need buff. 1 atk/sec is literally too low.

[Ideas]

a) Replace TR's minions basic attack with a laser 4 atk/sec that every 3-6 sec will heal the minion or TR. Minions won't be good in ST if they will be a single-target.
    b) Make TR minions attack rate scale with Attack Speed stat. TR would take a good use of all %AS in game (dragons, sub-classes, gear, BB cosmic gem). Berserker Battler gem gives big DPS boost for classes that use basic attack during fight (GS, Rev, FT etc.) which greatly increase the game. Classes like DR/TR don't have any buff from it, other new gems don't increase the DPS.
    c) Add a close range AoE aura around minions that trigger x times per sec and deal % damage. DO NOT make it like Chloromancer's Leafy Lasher "A single enemy can only be damaged by ONE lasher at a time.".

Bonetourage/Soul Caller. If there is no available souls to use, next summoned minion should consume 10-20% of Tomb Raiser's health instead.

Trove is about damage. It's okay to make TR a "top" DPS even if he have a lot of base healing. Revenant is a decent DPS + he is nearly unkillable. Still he haven't been nerfed.

First: tr has minoins and uncompared to must classes , she also has max atk speed withound buff and cg make 5 minion one a bone giant and another a spirit that area heals minions and does area damage. Compared to knighg, cloro, neon, bomeranger, and dino,tr has a insane advantage especially against knight and cloro since there cg is majorly usless: on knight cg has less damage and male player spam stun making the rest of the abilities even more useless unlike sh were she can have unlimited stuns and most of that class abilities combine and mix well with eachother especially the high area damage that happens when cg causes shadow mark to explode. While kinght has a bilitoes that dont combine with eachother and there majorly worthless un less ult also sh and tr has more advantage in causing trigger effect the knight becuse of intense cuantity of hits causing insane life steal effects. Beeing more tankier and more dps then knight also the normaly taunt the enemy releassing allies from intenese aggro unlike knight. Cloro has ult that in overal does the same as here other plant abilities and is a total waste also cg takes foever to spam a cactus and its base on atk speed stats to increse dps also sometimes when shooting its normal m1 gets stuck in the staff and dosent hit enemies. So in terms the classes who need a fix is Knight , cloro, nn, bomeranger, and dino. O and just oncase knight cg does less damage then normal m1 in dps terms, also its beginer class but tr, draco and cb are beginer classes and there almost the most op classes in game. Especially with cb atk speed increse. Second knights is not a second row soporter becus that will mean his ult is wrong especially making hime recieve damage and his retribution is wrong becuse he need melle to use it also its ult makes him recieve 10% more damage that his allies recivw in battle also int the contrary to his class discription as a fearlesz warrior who jumps in the mids of battle. And his m2 wouldnt case taunt to enemies and his 1 ability withount cg wouldnt cause to burst strait to enemy and getting him in the mids of batyle also his dodge is meant to literly jump in the middle of battle not run away from it.

o and afte cg she recieves 75% lesz damage making here ult more op the knight ult witch is the best skill he hass. And her ult last longer and can trkger mor faster then knights ult. Becuse its enrgy dependent and knight only last 10 secs while tr last untile enrgy it out and can be trigere again when enrgy is back again. Also unlike knight tr has extra bonuses using her ult then knight has while trigering his.

I always wonder why players say that the classes that need fix that really needs it are ignored and not supported by player while class that has almost 20 time the benefits and advantage then the classes like knight cloro nn bomorangwr and dino especially afeter pvp was change by br now even less people uses knight. Why tgose classes dont recieve a boost while the most op classes does even if there beginner or not all classes are easy to use and ive heard lots people say that. The only thing that changes in classes are the way they fight but in terms the have the same dificulty in play stile juat that there otherez were there abilities make it hadr to survive and do good damage and tanking and theses classes are knight clorl and nn also bomeranger have there abilities make them like glass exept knight but zhis abilities dosent even make sence does less dps and takes even longer to activate then others and dont function well together like most classes, i always wondered arw people blind and u know what they are they ask and support thing that dont need it

^^^ did this dude just said nn needs a buff? Nn is still heavily used, dt is now one of the fastest farmers next to nn, knight has gotten its buff and people still dont want to play it, beside to get its Pr up for the ms boost you get for mounts.

The person talking is a 15k Pr TR, it's pretty clear the mid game for TR sucks! It takes far to long to get your damage going. TR needs a buff just as bad as chrolo

That said trion was doing the class buffs, not gamigo so that might be 6+ months out if not ever.

Quote Originally Posted by XxJoExX0 View Post
    knight has gotten its buff and people still dont want to play it
    Community stigmas never go away, nobody plays Knight or Fae because they were bad at some point, even though they're quite strong right now.
    The only thing that'll change that is if the rework is powerful to the point of breaking the meta, see gunslinger's class gem for example. gunslinger was THE class to meme on before mantle of power.

Now, and i'm gonna say this because i know there's gonna be a reply going "yeah gunslinger needs a nerf blah blah", the gunslinger itself isn't inherently busted (currently, other reworks are more in line with base gunslinger), but is being made so by outside factors, namely the candy barbarian's ultimate, the berserk battler gem and the lunar lancer subclass.

Anyhow, they did say tomb raiser was next in line for a rework, but with layoffs and holidays and office moves, the dev team have many MANY priorities that rank higher than giving one class a facelift, when the game's meta is already in a pretty decent place. Don't forget none of the good classes would be good if there wasn't bad classes to compare them to.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 107,873 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    Community stigmas never go away.
    And after a change is made, some people never seem to get the message. Just this last weekend I ran into people in global chat that still thought that Draco and Rev were still tank classes and were building them with Damage/MH/%MH gems. They did not believe that they had been reworked and were now Top DPS classes and should be built with DPS gems.

I'd probably play knight for a nice change of farming pace if I was able to use his 120 MS mount passive, or at least his movement speed was increased/horribly slow dodge roll was reworked. At the moment I'm playing boomer to farm since already got a c3 fist and gun. Boomer has a nice base movespeed can drop two diff weapons and is a fun class to play. Only downside Is that even at 33k PR he's on the weaker side

+ Reply to Thread