+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion: More organic blocks for cornerstone placement

Suggestion: More organic blocks for cornerstone placement

Hi.

I would like to suggest that you create organic blocks for all biome types (Frontier, Haunted, ...) and also for water, chocolate and lava. This would give much more creative freedom.

Also, I suggest you create a kind of "dynamic" block. A kind of block that would automatic assume the biome kind. This would allow that a single cornerstone construction would adjust to all biomes landscape with no need to build specific for a given one.

Two suggestions, much more creative freedom.

Thank you.

Building is one area of the game that does need some love. The smart block you suggested above would be incredible. However, even some simpler changes we've wanted for a long time have lost. For example, an iridescent block like the ones in shadow towers, or more decoration for the Jurassic Jungles. Something I've dreamed of (but doubt will ever happen) is the ability to vertically rotate blocks/deco. Not only would this open up a whole new world of detail design, but it would also allow the removal of some of the clutter deco in the game, like all the horizontal and vertical variations of pipes and ropes.
    About liquids in cornerstones, you can have Water and Chocolate in your cornerstone with the Face of Flow blocks. Lava and Plasma have been specifically excluded from cornerstones due to the trolling/trap potential, as well as afk killing enemies (which players have long been able to bypass with lava dripping in from Dragonfire Peaks).

I agree with you: Building does need some love. Most of the biome-oriented blocks are already there so, it would be only a matter of adding them the to the organic blocks listing (from a resource and programming point of view, I know that "only" is never just only). After you mentioned it, I guess Lava/Plasma would be a problem, yes. Face of flow is really a very poor resource - they don't produce enough water to really look like water :-) Vertical rotation would be a game changing feature - possibilities would be endless.

:-) So, love needed!

+ Reply to Thread