Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
I want to be sure we have realistic expectations all around, as well. Whether our team has one or five Community Managers, we're not going to announce the release date before it's locked in. We've said many times that the update is coming to consoles early this year and that we'd announce the specific date as soon as we possibly can.Both of those things were true in December and remain true today. They'll also be true tomorrow. We can't give a release date until we have one. If you're frustrated that we aren't announcing the date yet, I totally get that. It makes sense that you want ot have that information so you can plan accordingly. I hate that I can't give everyone access to every bit of information as it comes through, but I also hate saying something will be arriving on a set date, then seeing that date change due to a multitude of circumstances.We don't want to make you feel like we're not communicating with you, but even if that is the case for some of you, that doesn't mean we're going to promise a release date before console certification is complete.The shift away from all platforms being synced up isn't about figuring out how to make the content work on consoles. That's an odd takeaway from this change, honestly. We've been pushing updates to consoles for years. This new update isn't suddenly using a different programming language. The coding of everything is still working the same way. As we've said repeatedly, with PC we can push updates at any moment we want. We can test, iterate, update, hotfix, and patch completely at will.We'll use that advantage to get the builds in the best possible shape, then get the thoroughly play tested builds to consoles for certification. We have a smaller team now and the old way of doing things wasn't going to be possible.I'm hoping we'll be able to share the release date in January. I can't promise with absolute certainty that we will, but that's our objective.
Jump to post...