+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Soo...about U10?

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The coding of everything is still working the same way. As we've said repeatedly, with PC we can push updates at any moment we want. We can test, iterate, update, hotfix, and patch completely at will.
    Isn't this what you guys do on PTS for 3 weeks before release?

Quote Originally Posted by See View Post
    >Using a console in 2019

lol

They never know release dates for consolescrubs because the patch approval process takes months and that's what slowed down development for PC. I'm glad they separated us and hope they drop support for console tbh

can someone pls ban this Guy? thx

Quote Originally Posted by SavageSergal View Post
    Isn't this what you guys do on PTS for 3 weeks before release?

That's what I thought PTS was for.
    Making sure all the bugs and kinks and all the other stuff has been worked out.
    Yes there maybe a missed spot or two but still.

Give consoles a PTS and I think we'd all be happy joy joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    I want to be sure we have realistic expectations all around, as well. Whether our team has one or five Community Managers, we're not going to announce the release date before it's locked in. We've said many times that the update is coming to consoles early this year and that we'd announce the specific date as soon as we possibly can.

Both of those things were true in December and remain true today. They'll also be true tomorrow. We can't give a release date until we have one. If you're frustrated that we aren't announcing the date yet, I totally get that. It makes sense that you want ot have that information so you can plan accordingly. I hate that I can't give everyone access to every bit of information as it comes through, but I also hate saying something will be arriving on a set date, then seeing that date change due to a multitude of circumstances.

We don't want to make you feel like we're not communicating with you, but even if that is the case for some of you, that doesn't mean we're going to promise a release date before console certification is complete.

The shift away from all platforms being synced up isn't about figuring out how to make the content work on consoles. That's an odd takeaway from this change, honestly. We've been pushing updates to consoles for years. This new update isn't suddenly using a different programming language. The coding of everything is still working the same way. As we've said repeatedly, with PC we can push updates at any moment we want. We can test, iterate, update, hotfix, and patch completely at will.

We'll use that advantage to get the builds in the best possible shape, then get the thoroughly play tested builds to consoles for certification. We have a smaller team now and the old way of doing things wasn't going to be possible.

I'm hoping we'll be able to share the release date in January. I can't promise with absolute certainty that we will, but that's our objective.
    Wow, the Gamigo Gods have graced us with an honest reply. Thank you. To the garbage PC players dragging console, the only thing that hinders updates is that your community is dedicated to finding exploits, cheats and abusing them relentlessly. Then every platform has to pay in downtime for your garbage. There's literally a PTS, considering yourselves "BETA" testers on the live game is a joke LMAO! I really don't want to continue my rant as it will be filled with expletives and brutality and I don't want to get banned. So, I'll leave with this. Stifling our content progress, in the name of giving us the best possible update is well and good. The issue is, no matter how long the wait or testing, we literally always got some game breaking bug on console with every update. Take your pick honestly, dragon crucible was my favorite. Thanks for your response Fasti.

Are the bean counters holding the release hostage? Because it feels like they are dropping a dollar to save 15 cents.

As a console player here is my take on the current situation. A lot of us understand that you canít give a release date when you don't know it. We understand you want to release a more stable version by fixing the pc release before it goes to consoles. But when people ask about the release date and their is no information to give thatís why people get upset, the lack of information. We would rather hear reasons why, for example, sorry but we are still working out a few issues with this and that on pc and then maybe a quick follow up the next week. Another example, we only need to fix one more item on pc then we will send the build for console certification. No need to get into specifics or details, just some tiny info on the progress.
    Just my 2 cents.

I support the separation of consoles from PC in favor of more stable, less buggy updates and less downtime although I think this was a good point:

Quote Originally Posted by TJ13 View Post
    That's what I thought PTS was for.
    Making sure all the bugs and kinks and all the other stuff has been worked out.
    Yes there maybe a missed spot or two but still.
    PC players are calling themselves "beta" testers on the live server because crystal combat was released sooner for them, so what happens between PTS and the live server that breaks things?

As for the announcement of crystal combat, it bothered me when the date was released in the livestream four days before the update hit on PC. The vibe for me was less exciting, and more like "hey we waited til the last minute to tell you, ready or not it's happening". I understand the need to be sure of the date but after all the delays and changes, I think players could have used more time to get hyped again and prepare for the big changes with the knowledge of the release date. I'm actually somewhat glad the release is delayed on my platform because us console players will have more insite and be more prepared after witnessing PC players stumble around trying to figure things out in their self regarded "beta" gameplay.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Good luck in your adventures my fellow Trovians!

And now we find out the update isn't even ready for certification. I understand you want to add all relevant hotfixes to the update before launch but what was the point behind the PC PTS if you're still patching the update after launch? And with all the bugs that are clearly still in the game (Broken DT for one) we could be waiting for months for this update, just to save some $$$ from not having to pass so many things through cert. Is the cost saving really that great compared to the drop off in players right now, many who just have nothing to do at present?

We need to talk honestly here.
    Is trove on console done?

The new business model will have us from day one to the day we walk away upset and always in a battle with the developers. This is just the first update with no release date for console laid out.
    This one was a no brainier to get to console asap as its already a few months late. Its a stable update with 0 reasons to not be on console other then they never planned to release it to us in its current form. The developers are misleading us and not giving simple information, they do not understand console players at all. They don't even know how to play the game on console let alone understand our-side of things.
    We are beating a dead horse that does not even take the time to understand us.

In every bad relationship there comes a time when 1 partner needs to walk away. We are not being told the truth in any shape or forum and being lead on with the hopes when they apologize we forgive them and go collect our shiny things forgetting the bad pr strategy till the next fight. This is going to be a on going struggle if trove does not come up with a new plan for console development.

Troves utter failure that lead to the company having to be bought out happened only after console was added. This was at team who clearly never tested console correctly or understood console. Our PR manger did not even know how to open a menu on console?????? Wonder why it failed. It was so bad we were convinced a dev had to be sabotaging the releases.

The new PC gets a update then console will get it later on a random date is sloppy and sets off alarms that trove is really walking away totally from console and will only send us updates when they are perfect. This is fine if it comes with a set of locked in times for us on console not this current carrot on a stick that only upsets people.

Fasti you guys need to understand we get it but we need correct information not this battle of secrets you guys are laying out.

If console is getting updates every 3 or 4 months lay that out with dates so we can stop this battle of guessing and waiting for nothing. Your a professorial team of developers who when you say we don't know a released date look like your working on a high school project not a corporately run game.

Its clear console is second to PC and were ok with that but we need information that is truthful or we will always be in a bad relationship waiting for one of us to leave.

I do agree with everyone being upset with the lack of information, but that’s always been a huge problem with trove. I hoped it would change when the new company introduced themselves but the communication is honestly worse than ever.

I also play warframe on ps4 and they always have updates in game, they have a whole message center which always has updates and they even let you know when they send updates for cert. the trove in game message still says snow fest is starting from last month. It really does feel like console doesn’t matter at all to the devs. It’s disappointing.

U10 was basically done when the new company took over and it’s not even ready to send for cert, how long will it take to get new content the old team didn’t make? It feels like u10 combat and gardening will be the last updates console gets.

+ Reply to Thread