+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bubble Dragon Fragment drop rate is just ridiculous.

Bubble Dragon Fragment drop rate is just ridiculous.

Today is Friday, Dragon Day, I decided to fish and get some Bubble frags. 100 are needed for the dragon so I expected to get at least 5-10 farming for an hour.

Bought 150 lure and started. After about an hour... 1 fragment. So after sitting on my chair pressing "F" 300 times, I got 1 frag. Now only 99 left,great!!!!!!!

Seriously, this is ridiculous.

I have better luck getting them on tuesdays with the faster fishing.

A few of the dragons have poor droprates, presumably to keep the value of the golden eggs high and keep the effigies worth the credits price tag.

ScythePlays recently opened 9999 Shadow Caches on one of his videos and was unable to get enough fragments to make the dragon. Statistically he would have needed to open about 6000 more to fully get it. If you consider the value of the caches at around 500 Flux each, that puts the price tag at 8 million. Although that is a bit high, you do get a lot of other resources that can be sold to recoup that price, bringing it down to around 5 mil which is right where it should be.

So if you really look at the numbers, you can see the drop rates of some of these harder to get dragons aren't completely out of line.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    A few of the dragons have poor droprates, presumably to keep the value of the golden eggs high and keep the effigies worth the credits price tag.

ScythePlays recently opened 9999 Shadow Caches on one of his videos and was unable to get enough fragments to make the dragon. Statistically he would have needed to open about 6000 more to fully get it. If you consider the value of the caches at around 500 Flux each, that puts the price tag at 8 million. Although that is a bit high, you do get a lot of other resources that can be sold to recoup that price, bringing it down to around 5 mil which is right where it should be.

So if you really look at the numbers, you can see the drop rates of some of these harder to get dragons aren't completely out of line.
    Some of them aren't so bad. The old soul dragons seemed pretty accessible to me at the time (and highly profitable), the adventure dragons are quick to farm, and then certain other dragons are quick too such as the cloud dragon and the bubble dragon when you only needed 5 frags (though the jadefins were BS). Some of them are just ridiculous though, how many people even really wanted to farm starfire. Personally I don't know why people even bother with some of them, for example farming spiders, easy effigy to me. No way was I spending hours doing the most tedious thing imaginable for a mount almost no-one will use. The fact that there are so many dragons completely devalues them further and lacks imagination. There's one dragon I don't have and that's the bee one. I refuse to spend any more money on a game with an absurd amount of problems that mostly get ignored, and I refuse to waste so much time on the dullest task and farm rate imaginable. If I want to do something grindy, I want it to at least feel engaging instead of something that is probably forced to be terrible by design to encourage people to pay.

I think it's definitely worth calling out bad design. Your shadow caches are one that's worth calling out as something that's more buyable than farming, though it is worth noting that the dragon doesn't cost 8m since you are free to sell the contents.

A few people here seem to justify terrible gameplay. (A general observation, not an attack).

And back then when was 5 you can get this dragon with casual fishing time to time. The adjustments to 100 frag would guess it'll take a week or so like the the mob frag dragons given it was around same time as those. Hopefully fish overhaul thing happens and fishing gets fun to sit for hours or frags come faster.
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

Glad I did it when it was only five frags took me 35 minutes lol

But I accidentally effigied the cloud dragon so payback was had

From my understanding the bubble dragon fragments are not effected by dragon day and neither are fragments that drop from chests. You need to fish on gathering day for faster fishing to get an advantage. Just to be clear on gathering day you do not get better rng for bubble fragments, you just get more items per hour.
    I tried to express my concerns about the bubble dragon fragments not needing to be changed to 100 fragments back at the beginning because of the crazy number of fish you need to catch and/or buy.

+ Reply to Thread