+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Club Portals at the Trove Hub Portal

Club Portals at the Trove Hub Portal

People are annoyed that if they'ved used a club portal from the hub, they won't spawn where the 'Aligning Astrolabe' was set.

Instead you'll be brought to where the Rally of Heros is.. the problem with that is clubs change over time and the location of the Rally of Heros may also change, but you'll still find yourself spawning where it used to be because of the trickery the hubs club portal used to set you there.

Personally, I watched a club owner change their hub design, move their spawn point.. I goto /respawn and I'm in the unused space where the rally used to be. But today I saw the clubs portal in the hub and now it's set to the new Rally of Heros location.. but that's not what people want, atleast not semi-permanently.

Can this behavoir be changed so it doesn't ignore set spawn locations by that Astrolabe if they haven't used the club portals in the hub to enter that club?

The use of Worldlink Portals, /respawning, Astrolabes.. none of it can overwrite whatever trickery the club portals in the hub uses to set the spawn for you (a visitor, even club owners can't spawn where they set their spawns if they've used the portals at the hub).

----------

bumping this again, still happening. I suggest the location the club portals in the hub 'set' for you to join at expires shortly after joining the world.

Hi Lunar

Thanks for the report but yes we aware of that - http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...n-is-messed-up.
    IGN: GhostRider28
    Discord: GhostRiders#5481

TroveSupport!

I'm updating this post to include new information, the hub has since been updated and we can interact with dead end portals that also exhibit similar behavior

I've placed myself near the Astrolabe location at the start of the video and respawn, then I'm spawned at the Rally but walk off of it so show the next mechanic.

In the hub I activate [E] one of the portals that doesn't go anywhere, and select the club I was at from my favorites menu, I'm placed at Rally (that I had walked off prior). So you can set yourself to any clubs Rally with this method.

Next, I dismiss the clubs Rally fixture, and respawn to confirm I still spawn where the Rally was. I head back to the hub, activate a dead end portal, select the club, and I find myself at the Astrolabe location! but when I respawn it sets me where the Rally used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    I'm updating this post to include new information ...
    I've had an alt perform the same method while the Rally wasn't placed, and was also placed at the Astrolabe position but after the Rally was placed later the /respawn command still placed them at the Astrolabe position. I used another Astrolabe and the alt had respawned there as well, so there's two clear behaviors for when the Rally is present and when it isn't.

PS, my alt had [E]'d on the dead end portal and used the /joinworld command and it still placed them as if you went through a portal via the hub

+ Reply to Thread