+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Technique Discussion

You can probably survive with less health regen, but it really helps against fire mobs, since you want to be using your flasks for energy and not health. I kind of forgot I had that much health regen, to be honest.

In my path to figure this out, I got another tip. If anyone else has recommendations on how to properly use the NN, please speak up!

He's really doing it in the same order that I described. Dash in, basic attack until you have rings, backflip, shurikens, repeat (starting with another dash).

Literally the most important thing is dodging correctly, so I made this diagram to help explain it:

Quote Originally Posted by Psychobeans View Post
    He's really doing it in the same order that I described. Dash in, basic attack until you have rings, backflip, shurikens, repeat (starting with another dash).

Literally the most important thing is dodging correctly, so I made this diagram to help explain it:

That's how I was playing the class, back in cb. Unless several ranged mobs got on me, I would do decent. I would lock into place and then hit whichever couple was at the edge safely, then backflip into throwing stars and repeat. Though, I got clipped many times and/or did stupid stuff that got me from full to death within a blink of an eye.

However...
    Turn your camera 90 degrees to the left or right.
    Backflip. Because of the camera movement, you will move sideways from the enemy instead of straight back. This dodges every attack in the game, even wind-up
    Is fabulous. I will totally have to try this. I haven' t played the class, since they were apparently buffed?

Imgur is over capacity!

Can't see gear atm. will check back.
    Maledictam
    Have a question? Feel free to ask me!

Please consider using my referral code: YDX6NJ97YTH2H2FJN2DD

I basically use NN for going fast when I'm bored.

Max movement speed + Trailblazer + backflip.
    Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychobeans View Post

Can confirm the awesomeness of the 90 degrees backflip method. It's a bit tricky to get right though, combined with your surroundings and other factors, but it really does avoid all damage, much much better than my straight line method.

About the shadow flip thing, your decoy takes a hit and thus serves as a shield. Ninja gameplay is all about timing, do it right and you don't get hit and continue to deal massive damage.

That said, I have 2 major issues with the NN:
    1. Traps + environment
    NN moves a lot, way too much. Traps and tight spaces are not NN friendly at all. As squishy as they are already, traps are devastating to this class.
    2. Health regen
    Ninjas need some form of regen other than the flasks. Current Allies just don't cut it, Prowling heals too little and Beserker doesn't work for boss situations.

I would actually love to see invulnerability during Stasis Blade.

My play style is a bit chaotic, since I just go with the "flow".
    But imo, keep on throwing shurikens because those things do a lot of damage. I just hold M1 while shadow flipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarem View Post
    we're always watching.

I wanted to end this with a thank you for the strat and build advice.

I still have to get a 4** ring and a 8** hat, so i can get better stats still, and at this lvl it works great. I can finally play the Ninja in a U5 SA and not be a sponge of death.

Time to necro

Ehe, yes. With the new allies, the playing field has changed. I believe the Feisty Flamedancer is the best option for a NN, since they use a lot of ER. With this ally, Health regen can go right out the window. Why? Because, when you attack an enemy enough times the ally will provide a flower that gives you back full health. That's right, full health. No more flasks, no more tears. Also, with recent buffs, the NN has a longer attack range up to 4 blocks. The guide provided already by this thread suggests that you don't use flips often. That is not a good idea. The flip provides a decoy that lasts a few seconds and that decoy takes the aggro. In doing so, you can flip away, or behind the enemy. Meaning that you can flip behind, attack the enemy, turn back around then flip again, and attack again. Also, with this setup movement speed is a must, because since you move faster, you go farther. Meaning that you will get out of range of melee attacks very easily and you can move back into position faster because you go as fast, if not faster than, a mount (with the right amount of Movement Speed on your gear) You will only need the stasis blade when you're finding yourself in great peril or you need to cut down the amount of enemies (like when enemies are at that last pixel of health, or the boss spawns many bees) when you are at near death, use of the Stasis in conjunction with the special allows you to stand back and make some hits until you get a health flower so you can continue. I find myself rarely using a health potion with this setup because I can fend for myself easily enough, and have found myself even soloing U5 Arenas with a ninja.

Here is a diagram i made in my spare time to show what i mean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast