+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Technique Discussion

IIRC the new range of the ninja is 6 blocks (like the draco)

Knight/CB 3 blocks
    Draco/Ninja 6 blocks
    Fae 20 ish blocks
    Sage 24 ish blocks
    GS 28 ish blocks
    SH 35 ish blocks range
    Suggestions: Reticule Colour | Mob Auras
    Referral Code: LPZK-XGCW-L3KZ-HJ2R-7D3W
    Why does maintenance take so long? Read this.

Quote Originally Posted by SICC View Post
    Honestly, didnt read your whole reply, but I can solo any lair/dungeon in U5 with my ninja no problem, it's only lvl 34 too. Though it has been a little bit since i have tried to ninja in an SA.

Not entirely sure how you play your ninja either. For me it's all about the throwing stars and staying constantly stealthed. Rooting here and there if i need a quick break to flask if needed or to lock down a low health mob to kill so i get healed since i use the rap berserk. Guess i'll have to find a U5 SA later and see how well I can do on my own with my ninja.
    I am talking about SAs.

It hurts to say but Neon Ninja is weak... Bring it my favorite class it's so exciting to play as but it dies so fast in u5 and you have to constantly use potions. I use Drac now. Since it's fun, exciting and great cosmetics. If they buff NN, maybe I'll switch. But right now, Drac is the best solo u5 class for me.

Click The Picture!

I tried to suggest maybe (as a little buff) make whoever is in stasis take 20% more damage.

I mained Neon Ninja for a long time. Here's the secret to playing this class in SA and not dying:

Dash up to a mob.
    Basic Attack.
    Basic Attack.
    Basic Attack. You now have three rings. High attack speed helps.
    Turn your camera 90 degrees to the left or right.
    Backflip. Because of the camera movement, you will move sideways from the enemy instead of straight back. This dodges every attack in the game, even wind-up punches.
    Fire shurikens.
    Repeat.

Do this, and you should never, ever die in SA.
    Also, Zeal flask is love, Zeal flask is life. You will die if you run out of energy. Period. Don't run out of energy.

Your most important stats should be ATTACK SPEED and energy regeneration. You don't need movement speed at all. You want attack speed so that you can fill your rings before the enemy's attack hits you. Pay attention to the enemy's animations and do the camera spin + blackflip maneuver if you feel you are about to be hit.

If you do all of this correctly, you should make it through an SA without ever taking a huge hit.

Congratulations, you now know how to play Neon Ninja correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychobeans View Post
    I mained Neon Ninja for a long time. Here's the secret to playing this class in SA and not dying:

Dash up to a mob.
    Basic Attack.
    Basic Attack.
    Basic Attack. You now have three rings. High attack speed helps.
    Turn your camera 90 degrees to the left or right.
    Backflip. Because of the camera movement, you will move sideways from the enemy instead of straight back. This dodges every attack in the game, even wind-up punches.
    Fire shurikens.
    Repeat.

Do this, and you should never, ever die in SA.
    Also, Zeal flask is love, Zeal flask is life. You will die if you run out of energy. Period. Don't run out of energy.

Your most important stats should be ATTACK SPEED and energy regeneration. You don't need movement speed at all. You want attack speed so that you can fill your rings before the enemy's attack hits you. Pay attention to the enemy's animations and do the camera spin + blackflip maneuver if you feel you are about to be hit.

If you do all of this correctly, you should make it through an SA without ever taking a huge hit.

Congratulations, you now know how to play Neon Ninja correctly.
    If you have perfect ping and enough room to move are you able to avoid using flasks completely?

.. Ok I an see this sort of does work. Harsh learning curve, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_Mustard View Post
    If you have perfect ping and enough room to move are you able to avoid using flasks completely?
    What is the point of not using flasks? Bragging rights? I usually end an SA with 4 to 8 flasks left. Flasks are not for healing on Neon Ninja, they are for energy. Neon Ninja is made of glass. Getting hit = death. Health is not relevant. Doing the camera spin + backflip trick is incredibly important, because that is how you stay alive. You can't use flasks to measure how good you are doing on NN because you don't use flasks for healing on NN. Prowling Shadow will take care of any minor hits or fire damage you take.

What is the point of not using flasks? Bragging rights? I usually end an SA with 4 to 8 flasks left. Flasks are not for healing on Neon Ninja, they are for energy. Neon Ninja is made of glass. Getting hit = death. Health is not relevant. Doing the camera spin + backflick trick is incredibly important, because that is how you stay alive. You can't use flasks to measure how good you are doing on NN because you don't use flasks for healing on NN. Prowling Shadow will take care of any minor hits or fire damage you take.
    Point of the question was to understand your technique.

So Prowling Shadow is the pet you use?

What piece of gear is your jump on?
    Energy regen is on ring and weapon?
    Do you have health regen on two pieces of gear or have stability somewhere?

Here's what I use: http://imgur.com/a/1FD3t
    It isn't perfect yet. Note the weapon had ER** while I was actually playing NN, I rerolled it for other classes until I can get 8* on it. ER** on weapon is enough to not need it on the ring, though obviously less flasks would be needed if I gave up jump for ER. Jumping is bad because you can't recover energy. I need to stress that ATTACK SPEED is the MAIN STAT. You need to get your three rings as quickly as possible, because most of your damage comes from shurikens, and the longer you basic attack, the more chances the enemy has to hit you.

Remember, dodging is key. Learn the spin and backflip technique. Use a zeal flask if you run out of energy, because not being able to backflip means you die. Health regen and prowling shadow to heal. Try to stay out of melee range (your reach is longer than most enemies').

Here's what I use: http://imgur.com/a/1FD3t
    It isn't perfect yet. Note the weapon had ER** while I was actually playing NN, I rerolled it for other classes until I can get 8* on it. ER** on weapon is enough to not need it on the ring, though obviously less flasks would be needed if I gave up jump for ER. Jumping is bad because you can't recover energy. I need to stress that ATTACK SPEED is the MAIN STAT. You need to get your three rings as quickly as possible, because most of your damage comes from shurikens, and the longer you basic attack, the more chances the enemy has to hit you.

Remember, dodging is key. Learn the spin and backflip technique. Use a zeal flask if you run out of energy, because not being able to backflip means you die. Health regen and prowling shadow to heal. Try to stay out of melee range (your reach is longer than most enemies').
    Interesting, you have way more health regen then I would of expected. I have er on my ring and jump and er on my weapon, I don't like the thought of having 1 jump and I like having er on two pieces of gear. The new patch gives 2 jumps default, that might work.
    You think if you had 1300 less helth regen it would work?

I feel so stupid. thank you for taking the time to explain this.

These are my stats at the moment, after what you said https://i.imgur.com/u6mcsZv.png. Converted my magic find hat so i still need to 8* it, and the ring dosn't have ** in damage yet. So far it is working in U5 dungeons, have yet to test in a SA.

While it seems I might need to get more attack speed, at the moment I get three rings super fast.. WIll still get it but hmm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast