+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Nitro-Glitterine vein should be bigger or cost less when forging

Nitro-Glitterine vein should be bigger or cost less when forging

As of right now, 1 Crystal gear lvl3 will cost in total 5000 Nitro-Glitterine.

One set for one class will cost 15000 total.

Then do that for 16 Class x 15000 Nitro-Glitterine, that mean we have to get 240000 Nitro-Glitterine.

Is the crystal combat update feel good? Yes
    Does the loot table for 5* seems good? Yes
    But is it well balanced regard to forging crystal lvl3 and dropping them? No.

The same thing happen for Crystalline Core.
    Maxing One Crystal lvl3 will cost 375 Crystalline Core, which mean you have to farm about ~237 dungeons 5* a week (34 a day) (deduction "Gold/Silver reward & tome")

One set for one class will cost 1125 Crystal Core.
    Then again, do that x 16 class, the total is: 18000 Crystalline Core which is insane.
    (Which would be (~237(per week) x 3(1 set of c3)) x 16(class)= around 11376(5* dungeons to do))

The amount of Forge Fragment we get when max Magic Find is well balanced with the cost in the forge though.

What the community think? And what you devs think?
    Yes i know Fasti, take your time to reply, it's Holidays ! :P

Merry Christmas Everyone

2.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #2
    Senior Community Manager
    It's definitely worth discussing. For anyone who has thoughts on the topic, let us know what you'd like to see. I'll bring up the discussion in the new year, so there's no time like the present to weigh in. I hope everyone who celebrates is having an amazing Christmas.

This pretty much.

An update that took more than 4 months, end in 1 week?
    The system and the amount of materials is perfect, finishing a content update in less than 1 month is not fun, it is not our problem that you want to improve all the classes.
    Always this type of content is designed for your MAIN. If you are a HARDCORE player, you will not have any problem improving all the characters.
    The difficulty is what was needed in the game, now that it is moderately difficult, they want to ruin it and return to the easy and boring.
    If you do not have time to farm for work, buy the Pack of the store, in the end, for work you should have money.
    (nothing is free, many of us struggle)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I honestly don't understand why people always complain how they can't gear up their '16 class's' as if you are ever going to play all those class's at same time.

In any other game out there would you gear up +10 characters all at same time? for example would you be doing dungeon/raid runs on all +10 characters in a game like World of Warcraft? or any other mmorpg out there. Focus more on your main. The rest is just extra.

Focus on 2 to 3 class's or only your main.

A tip for you, you only really need 2 sets of hat/face (farming set and Shadow Tower set) and 1 weapon of each type. (gun/staff/sword/bow/fists/spear) maybe 2 staffs but that's really it. Gear is not character bound it's account bound.

CrazyOnly & Novuhz i understand both your point but still. A player that want to reach the real "End game" Is what you have to go through... getting all 16 class max PR.
    Mastery is not the same thing because you must pay to win to reach the max.

I didn't pay to win once yet.

And i want to point out a little something when doing dungeons, 5* dungeon are the only way to get Crystalline core. In normal uber world, i usually farm ~250gem box not on gem box day per hour.
    Which, each individual dungeon are usually easy to find one next to each other. But it is not the same thing with 5* they are sometime hard to find and it take time to complete (i don't complaint about time for doing 5*, they are made like that) and max per hour i only get 20 box if i'm lucky enough. Which feel very boring to complete over time because you do such little progress per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Novuhz View Post
    I honestly don't understand why people always complain how they can't gear up their '16 class's' as if you are ever going to play all those class's at same time.

In any other game out there would you gear up +10 characters all at same time? for example would you be doing dungeon/raid runs on all +10 characters in a game like World of Warcraft? or any other mmorpg out there. Focus more on your main. The rest is just extra.

Focus on 2 to 3 class's or only your main.

A tip for you, you only really need 2 sets of hat/face (farming set and Shadow Tower set) and 1 weapon of each type. (gun/staff/sword/bow/fists/spear) maybe 2 staffs but that's really it. Gear is not character bound it's account bound.
    It's something that you used to be able to do and something that they have claimed to be achievable.

As for the comments that say it should take time, do you really ever want to grind that much ore or cores? The fact of the matter is that whether or not they make it easy or hard, there just isn't enough content. Sure now it's great that we have something new to actually do. But at the end of the day it's not going to last as long as u9 has where we're now going to farm u10 just for stellar gems and extra crystal gear that really don't make much of a difference besides u10 for the sake of doing u10. That along with previous updates, stability and network performance are why I'm probably going to finally quit fully soon after logging in every day for 4 years. Frankly it's way overdue.

Also the augment system is exactly the same, though as least now you can actually get the 25k pr badge for 15 classes without destroying yourself.

Overall I find the update to be nice as a casual player. To me it has the samey-ness of most trove updates, which comes with all the essentials, more mastery, more grinding, and more hours to put in to reach that tasty max pr, and max mastery. Out of all the new materials, I believe the issue lies in the nitro-glitterine more so then the crystaline core, even considering the ludicrous amounts of both materials required to max a singular piece of gear. Crystaline Cores are a bit tough to grind, but at least have the side benefit of gear drops and tome exp, something that nitro-glitterine lacks, considering that the outpost quests are capped, and only give 2 per. I agree with the solutions of lowering gear cost, or increasing vein size. A third option that may prove to be a nice middle-ground would to be to add a tome that drops nitro (similar to the crystaline core one where it requires nitro) so you only have to go through the grinding to get the tome, and then take it at your own pace. I know I'm not a dev but a normal tome that drops nitro similar to the cinnabar tome (between 25-40 per proc) could be useful. If that's too op a legendary tome that drops around 300-400 a week could be nice. The tome solution can help keep a time gate for content a bit, but also provide an alternative to those who want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Novuhz View Post
    In any other game.
    Yes but this is trove when I use to play the level cap was 20, I would log on and play what ever I felt like now I get to pick between 2 either one from farming or one for st.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenHero View Post
    Yes at least spawn in a block of 4

What if nitro was made account bound so you would have to play the game and not just buy it from the market place

Starglint Pinata should drop nitro and veridium not sharpstone/inf/glims I dont see why that loot was ever added to them.
    the geode topside outpost quest reward should be a Starglint pin
    Sandseasower should loot collect into some nitro

Pearls should be removed from Lesser Geodian Topside Cache we will need a pearl sink soon.
    For them to be a Uncommon reward next to 5 cores we should be able to buy cores with pearls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    Yes but this is trove when I use to play the level cap was 20, I would log on and play what ever I felt like now I get to pick between 2 either one from farming or one for st.
    It's been this way since Mantle of Power, and it's not gear that defines your character power it's the gems and they made getting good gems much easier.

You only really need 1 or 2 sets for every class, the gear is not character bound.

Tired of playing on your SH? Transfer the hat/face on SH to another class, simple as that. You don't need max star crystal lvl 3 hat/face on every class.

It's pretty much same with gems too if I get tired of say REV I can transfer all gems to another class except class gem of course and that's why I keep all class gems the same color. I only have 2 sets of gems that are fully augmented which is PD and MD sets. You should be happy that this kind thing is even possible no other game allows you to use gear that you equip on one class to another, it's usually bound to your character. Can you imagine if more stuff or everything related to stats like dragons/gear/gems/gem dust/gem boosts/etc was character bound in this game?

It's so easy to get +30k power rank on every class too after this patch which is enough power to melt any content in this game has to offer, do you really need that much more power for every class for very outdated content like ST that was balanced below 25k power rank?

Focus on your main or up to 3 class's the rest is extra and you can use the stuff that you worked on your main/secondary class on other class's.

Total PR means nothing. End game isn't about total PR. You have freedom to focus on 2 class's and be able to play all class's with same stuff from those 2 class's just need 1 of each weapon type. Hell you can even get Crystal lvl 3 on every class at one point but there's really no need to max out stars on secondary class's. It's just extra and for bragging.

TLDR
    Crystal Level 3 drop rate and upgrade materials are in a good spot. It's end game after all it should take time.

A good quality of life change would be to decrease the chance to spawn Nitro mining nodes by 70% and increase how many Nitro block each mining node contains from 1-2 to 6-7.

Also the special spiral cave that we find sometimes has a cool thing at the end which sometimes spawns +6 nitro all together but it's not worth going down there for how long it takes, too much time effort for the reward that you get from reaching the bottom. Maybe make that special spiral cave be much more rewarding as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast