+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Nitro-Glitterine vein should be bigger or cost less when forging

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestria View Post
    PS ~ I thought I read somewhere that Patron only effects the new Geode topside on exp day? Hmm how come? (if that is true) as most players are old players that have Patron and spend most there time in Geode topside. Yet, still pay for the Patron every month with a small return when in Geode topside. Just a thought.
    Daily bonuses and Patron only affect the Geode caves on XP day, all bonuses and patron work normally on the Topside.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It's supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rayr
    ~~ Main class: Vanguardian | Power Rank: 24,845 | Total Mastery: 619 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 15/17 | 30/31 | 3/3 ~~

Oh! That's actually great to hear and thanks for clearing that up

As someone who was unlucky enough to not find C3 yet and is stuck with C2:

Those rates are fine.

C2 is already dropping commonly and is the 2nd best gear in game. The pinnacle alone - C3 - is something that is supposed to be difficult to get.

You cans till add C2 gear on all your other 15 Characters and one C3 set on your main. This is the way it should have been a long time ago, but the system failed anywhere along the way with that gem issue.

Gems are the only thing that makes you no longer beeing able to switch a single set in seconds: you have to have a full 2nd set of gems if you dont want to use cubits to re-epquip.

But epquipment is fine if it is just as free and easy re-epquipable as it is right now. Do hard work to max one set and use it on all classes - the one that you feel like playing. This had been the core of trove and its appeal a long time ago.

And by hell no: there is absolutelly NO reason why you would 'have' to obtain 16 full sets of free tradeable epquipments!

Can't erase post sadly. Thus this post. Nothing to read here. Move along XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Novuhz View Post
    the nitro costs on upgrading gear is balanced around nitro being tradeable.
    This pretty much, though it does pose a question i'd like to get some opinions on.

Would you rather nitro stay tradeable and at the current upgrade costs

OR

Half all nitro costs but make the ore untradeable.

All in all, i think the amounts of nitro required for the amount of classes players are realistically going to be playing is fine, if you were worried about maxing out 16 classes, you should probably be alot more concerned about getting maxed augmented gems for all of them instead, that's a far greater challenge than getting 240k nitro. Crystalline cores need to get addressed though.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 107,873 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    This pretty much, though it does pose a question i'd like to get some opinions on.

OR

All in all, i think the amounts of nitro required for the amount of classes players are realistically going to be playing is fine, if you were worried about maxing out 16 classes, you should probably be alot more concerned about getting maxed augmented gems for all of them instead, that's a far greater challenge than getting 240k nitro. Crystalline cores need to get addressed though.
    I think i would rather choose " OR [...] "
    Well, i'm not going to complaint about gems. It's already good the way it is since the latest update.
    More than half of my class already have their own gem that i will not switch to another class.

I'm nearing the high number of PR now (finally) thanks to the update, and I agree with the fact that the Cores are actually the problem, since you either need to grind the tome or hunt down only 5* dungeons for it. While I do think the method of obtaining the cores is ok, the amount of it is ridiculous, and no sane person would grind everything.

I can see people maximizing their mains (which is the path I'll take because I don't care about all classes), then grinding the tome and taking their time with it. For me, this is and okay response, but I find a little sad when the game makes things so over the top that people just get bumed out before even starting to gather stuff. I mean, some people can buy credits and stuff, but the f2p players are overshadowed too much.

To me, the solutions are as follows: give us more methods of gaining cores; more cores per dungeon; more methods of getting the caches; lower just a bit the cost of cores in general (everything that takes cores takes a little nerf). Just one of them, not all at once. So, by picking one, things will eventually level in a better way, either things won't need an absurd amount of grinding because of the cost, or because we get a better quantity of resoucers.

Just my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post

OR
    I'd rather see Nitro remain tradable. Right now it is a good money source for newer players. I have been telling lots of newer players in the last 2 weeks to go mine and sell Nitro if they really want to make some flux off of the new content. Also, I don't think that it make sense to make just one ore in the game non-tradable.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorvik View Post
    I'd rather see Nitro remain tradable. Also, I don't think that it make sense to make just one ore in the game non-tradable.
    Yeah too late to make nitro not tradable.
    What if it was crystal's instead of nitro would that be to easy.

I don't really see why it needs to be an "or" result. I used to farm my **** when it was tradeable and more appropriate. Now I can't be bothered and buy it all because it's just not realistic to farm everything anymore. Plus augments have been something I took issue with several times. Put simply, tradeable or not, things are just lacking creativity and obtaining pretty much everything just feels hollow and meaningless. I don't want to be forced to farm thousands of bees for yet another dragon which is just otherwise a meaningless and repetitive task, and I don't want to be forced to buy stuff because farming it just too much. Though out of the 2, at least tradeability lets you skip poorly designed content, but it's certainly not a solution. Sure people will have different ideas of what is appropriate, but there are definitely some stand outs.

+ Reply to Thread