+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: 8hours + 6400 mf = NO crystal 3 (nice drop rat

I solo (3+35) 5*'s a day [sometimes 3*'s on my way to other 5*s], 3 out of 4 previous days (1) crystal 3 would drop and about (7) crystal 2 with no patron at 3K+ mf. Applied patron for today and still got (7) crystal 2's and another day without a crystal 3 drop.

Prior to today someone else and I noticed a crystal 2 drop of theirs was natural, no mf triggers to get it. With the increased rate of crystal 1's, (3) 45 slots of inventory vs (2), you would hope for more of them to be crystal 2 but it does not seem to be the case. Which makes me wonder about the relationship between the levels of crystal gear and mf.

Sometimes I wonder if MF even works at all on Crystal drops. As they cannot be forged up to the next level, is it even possible MF can increase rarity of the drops or are they dropping naturally? Even with a MF trigger, nothing would happen to them. So you may still get the MF notice but the drop is the same as it would have been.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

I swear that crystal drops are extra from normal drops; meaning that a normal chest would drop 2 items, unless a crystal drop proc'd and then it would be 3 total.
    Woo, husband of AJo | Mastery: 700+ | President of Garden of Wool | Alpha - Knight Supporter

Put it this way, lets say when you land a crystal drop, it has a 98% chance of being crystal 1, 1.96% chance of being crystal 2 and 0.04% chance of being crystal 3.
    Then lets assume magic find works in the way we were told by the devs, where you only get more overall crystal drops and not upgraded tiers, if with 100 magic find you can get 50 crystal drops an hour, your effective C3 rate should be 1 every 50 hours, but then if with 6k magic find (and faster grinding) you can get ~250 crystal drops an hour, on paper that number would drop to a C3 drop every 10 hours.

Numbers are just examples, but that's my interpretation of how this whole crystal drop rate thing works and to the extend of that, C3's. C3's aren't exponential like with stellars where with 6k magic find you see one every other dungeon.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 107,873 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

9 c2's 0 c3's yesterday , 12 c2's 3 c3's today.. still (3+35) 5*'s daily. Most days it's still ~7 c2's and maybe 1 c3.

Zero c3 drops since the U10 update.

I would agree that the highest gear ingame has to be something that you can not just get in week 1, but having this gear behind nothing but an incredible RNG wall feels off and is very decouraging.

On one side, we could upgrade our c2, but doing this leaves the bitter knowledge that those upgrades will be completelly for naught once a c3 piece drops (aside from pearls of course).

It would be cool if we had some way of obtaining c3 where we can make actual progress each day but at the same time it has to be something that can not be something which can be obtained too quickly. Like allowing us to craft a c3 item with 1000 Crystal Cores.

The way things are right now, it is just frustrating, since no progress happens at all, once you got your c2 set. You just keep farming u10 and gather materials in order to upgrade a c3 drop that might drop. Bust most likelly wont at all.

*UPDATE* Now i have 1 drop since update...with HR. #Feelsbadman

I got my first c3 yesterday as well, with only about 1.5k mf. Of course, it was an energy regen bow. Neither sh nor boomer need er.

Putting contents behind extreme rng wall is not going to work.
    We had gem upgrades without karma bar and it failed.
    We had dde only obtainable through time gated rng and it failed epically.
    We had egg fragment drop rate and required amount being 1/20 of what it is now and please remind me why the change was made?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    Do post again when you get around to 40-50 hours of grinding though, i think that's a more appropriate window of time for getting the very best gear in the game.
    Yes it feels bad when somebody other than yourself lucks out, but that's literally everything in the game, that feeling isn't exclusive to crystal drops.
    When the drop rate is low to a degree that there's a good chance you could go dry for maybe a hundred hours or even more, it scares people away.
    Yes according to this equation and that formula and Gaussian distribution and blah blah blah the majority of us should be able to get X c3s in Y hours.
    Yet with that many hours put into the game there will still be people getting 0 c3 and nothing can save them, nothing.

It doesn't seem like it would be that hard for them to add an internal Karma system to crystal drops in U10. Basically they could just add a counter where every time you get a crystal 1 or 2 drop it goes up. Then once a C3 drops, it resets. This isn't even something we would need to see, but it would guarantee that eventually, with enough grinding, you do get some decent drops.

It takes 650 Forge Fragments to level up a C3. I'd put the karma bar at the half way point. Every 325 crystal drops and you are guaranteed a C3. This could even be controlled where you can only get 1 karma trigger per day to prevent people from abusing it by farming 10,000 dungeons non stop.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

+ Reply to Thread