+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: 8hours + 6400 mf = NO crystal 3 (nice drop rat

Yay luck based grinding, each day done sooner with the grind because I don't find any C3 gear.

I am also seeing this "problem". I assumed it was because my MF is only around 1400 but based on the other players I don't think MF is the issue. One thing I have noticed is the drop rate of anything of the next tier is really weird. I main a sword class and have gotten 2 C2 melee drops vs. approximately 10-15 C2 hats and ZERO C2 faces over the last few days of play. At the very least, oh most reasonable and considerate Fasti, Meowser, and whomever is still on the dev team, Fix the drop rate so that every piece of gear has an equally low chance of dropping.

It's end game gear.
    Should be very very hard to get.

It's not meant for 16 classes x3 each.. that breaks the system for people who want to play the game.
    Anything less then a week in average per item is to easy 4 end game gear.

In my last mmo it took a year to get end game gear.. guess what. It felt like end game gear.

Please do not make this easy to get.

it should be pretty hard to get, but it's rather strange for Trove to take a different approach than they normally have before for armor?
    cause you usually can upgrade you armor from your previous armor. but you can't upgrade crystal1 to crystal2, or crystal3. you just have to settle for RNG, which can make some people unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Awestacular View Post
    I'm more concerned it's something like the PTS bug where VG got zero crystal drops. I don't know what your algorithm is (obviously), but if someone grinds u10 for 20 hours+ and never sees a c3, that's broken behavior. I'll come back to this game later. I'm done.
    I agree completely./ I have farmed for about 30 hours with VG. Not a single c3 drop. The thing is Fasti, a lot of us have played for a while and see how this works. It will be broken for a long time, only to anger people, then eventually you will change the gameplay. IE gem stat changes, changing boosts. Your RNG is broken, so you just push the problem for later. This is what I and many will do. We will just not play, not pay, and wait for y'all to wise up and allow c2s to be upgradeable, because that is undoubtedly what you will do......6-9 months from now... I too am done.

Things should be difficult in the end game but this is borderline gambling. I was lucky to start my vacations the week we got the crystal update. I thought it was really broken how I was able to get my crystal 2 items just the second day of the update. Made me feel that the months I originally spent working up my shadow items from years ago was turned completely worthless, but that is to be expected with each update. Since then I been grinding nonstop on U10 and day after day without skipping a single one, thousands of dungeons I have yet to see a single crystal 3 item. Does it come from only red chests? does it come only from the bosses themselves? Is my class cursed? Do I need to have people around me? Of course no one knows the answer, and is fine the devs won't reveal the formulas. But it really annoys me that I've been seeing people with crystal 3 items since day 4 of the update complaining they are hard to upgrade, and I've yet to even see one that doesn't match my stats. I like to feel like I'm actually progressing in the game and I understand some progression requires a lot of luck. I actually enjoy grinding, but there comes a point where it feels hopeless. Maybe I have demerits for playing more than 24 hours straight the first day? Is there a mechanic to prevent overt grinding and the perils of sleep deprivation? Arg, I just want to feel like there is some kind of progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamagester View Post
    Does it come from only red chests? does it come only from the bosses themselves? Is my class cursed? Do I need to have people around me?
    no it doesn't only come from red chests.

no it doesn't only come from bosses themselves, although I would think the drop rate is higher on bosses.

probably

no you need no people around you.

Thanks SyntheticToast you are correct. After almost 2 weeks without skipping a day and more than a few thousands fragments from c1 and c2 items from u10, I finally got my first c3 from a one star dungeon, not on my stats but at least there is hope and some semblance of progression. I guess you just have to pray to the rng and not be cursed irl. Also it seems it helps to have higher magic find as in Sundays and use origin portal potions so you don't waste time tracking back to outposts every time you run out of potions. But what do I know, I simply don't have enough data to back the statistics. I was about to rage quit until the next few updates, but I guess you just have to keep on grinding. Even when week after week the rng frowns upon you, at least you will have enough fragments to upgrade fast once you get it. -_-

Why not allowing us to craft c3 directly by investing any large and immense high amount of Forge Fragments?

Example: Let us use 1000 Forge Fragments to craft one Crystal 3 item.

With this around we have a goal we can aim at and feel progression while playing. At the other hand, it still requires a big amount of grinding/time to get there.

Or how about this. 1,000 pearls lets you a forge a 5* c2 to a 0 star c3. We're going to need a sink for pearls anyway.

+ Reply to Thread