+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 38 of 38

  Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: 8hours + 6400 mf = NO crystal 3 (nice drop rat

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    546
    I solo (3+35) 5*'s a day [sometimes 3*'s on my way to other 5*s], 3 out of 4 previous days (1) crystal 3 would drop and about (7) crystal 2 with no patron at 3K+ mf. Applied patron for today and still got (7) crystal 2's and another day without a crystal 3 drop.

    Prior to today someone else and I noticed a crystal 2 drop of theirs was natural, no mf triggers to get it. With the increased rate of crystal 1's, (3) 45 slots of inventory vs (2), you would hope for more of them to be crystal 2 but it does not seem to be the case. Which makes me wonder about the relationship between the levels of crystal gear and mf.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Summer Haas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Altar of the Moon
    Posts
    2,792
    Sometimes I wonder if MF even works at all on Crystal drops. As they cannot be forged up to the next level, is it even possible MF can increase rarity of the drops or are they dropping naturally? Even with a MF trigger, nothing would happen to them. So you may still get the MF notice but the drop is the same as it would have been.


    IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

  3. #33
    Senior Member TheDeadEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    445
    I swear that crystal drops are extra from normal drops; meaning that a normal chest would drop 2 items, unless a crystal drop proc'd and then it would be 3 total.
    Woo, husband of AJo | Mastery: 700+ | President of Garden of Wool | Alpha - Knight Supporter




  4. #34
    Senior Member Chronozilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,869
    Put it this way, lets say when you land a crystal drop, it has a 98% chance of being crystal 1, 1.96% chance of being crystal 2 and 0.04% chance of being crystal 3.
    Then lets assume magic find works in the way we were told by the devs, where you only get more overall crystal drops and not upgraded tiers, if with 100 magic find you can get 50 crystal drops an hour, your effective C3 rate should be 1 every 50 hours, but then if with 6k magic find (and faster grinding) you can get ~250 crystal drops an hour, on paper that number would drop to a C3 drop every 10 hours.

    Numbers are just examples, but that's my interpretation of how this whole crystal drop rate thing works and to the extend of that, C3's. C3's aren't exponential like with stellars where with 6k magic find you see one every other dungeon.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 107,873 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    546
    9 c2's 0 c3's yesterday , 12 c2's 3 c3's today.. still (3+35) 5*'s daily. Most days it's still ~7 c2's and maybe 1 c3.

  6. #36
    Zero c3 drops since the U10 update.


    I would agree that the highest gear ingame has to be something that you can not just get in week 1, but having this gear behind nothing but an incredible RNG wall feels off and is very decouraging.


    On one side, we could upgrade our c2, but doing this leaves the bitter knowledge that those upgrades will be completelly for naught once a c3 piece drops (aside from pearls of course).


    It would be cool if we had some way of obtaining c3 where we can make actual progress each day but at the same time it has to be something that can not be something which can be obtained too quickly. Like allowing us to craft a c3 item with 1000 Crystal Cores.


    The way things are right now, it is just frustrating, since no progress happens at all, once you got your c2 set. You just keep farming u10 and gather materials in order to upgrade a c3 drop that might drop. Bust most likelly wont at all.

  7. #37
    Senior Member ForsakenHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,676
    *UPDATE* Now i have 1 drop since update...with HR. #Feelsbadman




  8. #38
    Senior Member CDM135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    241
    I got my first c3 yesterday as well, with only about 1.5k mf. Of course, it was an energy regen bow. Neither sh nor boomer need er.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts