+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: 8hours + 6400 mf = NO crystal 3 (nice drop rat

8hours + 6400 mf = NO crystal 3 (nice drop rat

nice drop rate.

I agree, the drop rate is ridiculously RNG.
    Today i farmed for a bunch of hours and didn't drop a single C3
    On gathering day i dropped 3x c3 hat
    on gem box day i dropped AGAIN 3x c3 hat... i really got triggered
    on adventurine day i finally dropped a c3 face but no weapon/hat.
    on dragon day i dropped again a single c3 face and no weapon/hat.

The drop rate should be less RNG and should be increase a little bit.

Yes, for players that will only farm 1 C3 face, 1 C3 Hat and 1 weapon of each type, the drop rate is sort of ok... but for players like me, Autoto and many other players, dropping a c3 set for each class is just painful.

I agree gearing up all classes it's a pain but getting the highest tier possible of gear should be hard imo. Honestly stellars are a joke. People geared all classes to max on day 1 of them being out. Maybe up a little the drop rate and lower the cost to max crystal cuz right now its kind of insane. I feel like up the drop a little and lower the upgrade cost could be a good compromise. Just my 2 cents.

I'm like top 20 in all 4 metas. I've grinded my *** off and not gotten any c3 (zero- none, nada).

This isn't hard, this is bogus. I've farmed over 2k dungeons quests, by now I should at least have one junk c3 to speak of but no. I've switched to a 2nd class to feel some progression and he's over 1k dungeons in (u10) and has yet to get a usable (meaning as or cd) c2 drop. Gear drop rate is broken.

Broken.

5.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #5
    Crystal Combat launched on December 18. This post was made 5 days later. We aren't likely to adjust drop rates based on this time frame, but we'll keep an eye on it in the weeks to come. If it looks like something that needs to be adjusted we'll take a look at the best path forward. Assume that top quality gear will probably remain fairly rare to stumble upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Crystal Combat launched on December 18. This post was made 5 days later. We aren't likely to adjust drop rates based on this time frame, but we'll keep an eye on it in the weeks to come. If it looks like something that needs to be adjusted we'll take a look at the best path forward. Assume that top quality gear will probably remain fairly rare to stumble upon.
    I'm more concerned it's something like the PTS bug where VG got zero crystal drops. I don't know what your algorithm is (obviously), but if someone grinds u10 for 20 hours+ and never sees a c3, that's broken behavior. I'll come back to this game later. I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Awestacular View Post
    I'm more concerned it's something like the PTS bug where VG got zero crystal drops. I don't know what your algorithm is (obviously), but if someone grinds u10 for 20 hours+ and never sees a c3, that's broken behavior. I'll come back to this game later. I'm done.

If the devs aren't careful a lot of peoples response in frustration will be this. I did 4 hours a day with 4.4K MF and still haven't seen a single C3 drop. It's starting to get ridiculous for me too.

So why can't we forge a crystal 1 into crystal 2 then that crystal 2 into crystal 3? One of my fondest trove memories is spending a month in 2015 upgrading shadows to then deconstruct so I can get pentas to make my very own radiant. Stellars ruined that feeling of progression and now crystals are ruining it too. If you want people to put in the effort like we used to instead of just buying our way to top gear then make the materials untradeable and give us slow but sure pathways to the top like with radiant forging in the past. As an inactive player looking over the crystal update I feel 0 urge to grind it since it's pure luck to even begin the process of upgrading a crystal 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Demisedulous View Post
    "One of my fondest trove memories is spending a month in 2015 upgrading shadows to then deconstruct so I can get pentas to make my very own radiant."
    "I feel 0 urge to grind it since it's pure luck to even begin the process of upgrading a crystal 3."
    This is how i feel too. I like some RNG when progresing but getting C3 is 100% luck based. I like to be rewarded for the time and work i put in a game.They could add a really expensive way to crat C3 so its not so easy to get and i can feel like i'm progressing towards it instead of getting frustrated cuz im not lucky enough to get a drop. Making it 100% RNG takes the fun out of it for me (and im sure some other players too).
    After all...

Getting a right type, right stats C3 item is totally ridiculously RNG.
    I also don't think MF affect C3 drop rate as much.
    I got 6200 mf with patron and my friend only 2400 without patron.
    We farmed together for 6 hours, I only dropped 1 C3 but he dropped 3.

+ Reply to Thread