+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Map Colors Too Dark

Oh, I misunderstood what was meant before, I'm too used to other games that refer to the in game worlds as maps and thought you were talking about the biomes themselves. I've since looked at the map and see what you mean. The markers for those 2 are definitely darker than they used to be.
    IGN: Zohl
    VP of The Sun Temple
    VP of Faz Esse

Quote Originally Posted by Zohl View Post
    Oh, I misunderstood what was meant before, I'm too used to other games that refer to the in game worlds as maps and thought you were talking about the biomes themselves. I've since looked at the map and see what you mean. The markers for those 2 are definitely darker than they used to be.
    Yes. And if you have vision issues it makes it near impossible to see. Playing alone and using the map is not an option for him - which is really a huge disappointment. It was fine before they changed it.

I'm mostly just having problems determining the difference between Fae and Neon. Either way, I agree it needs to be reverted back to the way it was.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

The map was fine till u10 update. I use ExoDave Small Map (PC), disabled all mods, changed brightness and gamma, updated all mods ... still too dark!

Neon CIty and the Fairy Land don't look different when unexplored, just (almost) black and no signs. Before the update Neon was dark grey with grey electric-circuit-signs and Fairy Land dark green with green fairy-wing-signs.

( http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...nd-hard-to-see )

Attached Images

This happened on console after the update too. So it’s not the settings it’s something they did

6.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #16
    Senior Community Manager
    We're tracking this with an internal bug report. I can't give an estimate for when any changes will come, but it's something we're looking into.

Yay! I can't wait for this to get fixed.

Anytime theres a Rampage I have to go into my video card settings up crank the gamma way up just to see the difference between Fae and Neon.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Just confirming this problem is on PS4. Adjusting screen brightness and gamma in the game settings menu has no effect on the map. Obviously adjusting the settings of individual televisions will have various results.

Well, for me all i see is that the Map icon are ridiculously hard to see.

-Fae
    -Neon
    -Fire
    Biome's icon are very hard to see, the contrast is just too close.

Quote Originally Posted by PBmaximus View Post
    Thank You Fasti, Zohl and Novuhz Tried the suggestion and hubby still cannot see the difference of the biomes -- where he could before. Its slightly better for me.
    We have zero mods.
    Yes! We agree! We noticed this with the Geode Topside update, too!
    And no amount of gamma, brightness & contrast adjustments in-game OR on monitor/tv, has helped, at all !! =(!!

Actually, for us, it seems that the in-game gamma, brightness & contrast adjustments have been goofed up, in general ... somehow ... by/from that update.
    We have tried repeatedly to adjust this away, from our end ...
    No matter what we've tried, it's either too dark, too much contrast or the exact opposite.

Our Trove gamma, brightness & contrast adjustments were completely fine before the update. =)
    Nothing else has been changed ... same tvs & monitor, same in-room lighting, etc.

Of course, there is still the problem of the font sizes that are far too small (even on the 55" tv) to read, but that's a horse of a different color.

+ Reply to Thread