+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Map Colors Too Dark

New Map Colors Too Dark

We just signed up for another year of Patron this week- we are fans of this game.

The new map is very hard to see for certain biomes because they are so dark. My husband has a vision issue - he cannot decipher them at all now - and I've found it difficult.

Fae and Neon look nearly black on our screens -- and they are all the way up on lighting. Why the change? We could see them yesterday. Not so much today. Wish you would return the map to what is was.

Have you also turned up your gamma setting in game? It also affects lighting
    IGN: Zohl
    VP of The Sun Temple
    VP of Faz Esse

Turn down your brightness back to 1.00 and increase gamma little by little till you feel it's good enough.

Actually nevermind brightness or gamma in game settings don't affect map UI, I bet a modder could do something about that.

You can try increasing the gamma on your monitor a bit or going into nVidia or AMD video card settings and change gamma there, that would affect the map UI.

4.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PBmaximus View Post
    We just signed up for another year of Patron this week- we are fans of this game.

The new map is very hard to see for certain biomes because they are so dark. My husband has a vision issue - he cannot decipher them at all now - and I've found it difficult.

Fae and Neon look nearly black on our screens -- and they are all the way up on lighting. Why the change? We could see them yesterday. Not so much today. Wish you would return the map to what is was.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll call this out to folks so we can see if there's an issue that needs to be addressed on our side. The steps others have posted about brightness vs. gamma might help in the short term.

Also, if you use mods, be sure to disable them. It's possible a mod is causing the display issues.

Thank You Fasti, Zohl and Novuhz Tried the suggestion and hubby still cannot see the difference of the biomes -- where he could before. Its slightly better for me.

We have zero mods.

Lightbulb Map too Dark

I totally agree that the map changes are terrible and way to dark. Please, add some blue neon symbols to neon, add green back to fae areas.. sort this please, its very hard to know where to go and that defeats the purpose of having a map. Also revisit the idea of allowing a 'mini map' and to allow it open while moving. Thanks.

I also do not have mods for the maps, and I turned off the light biome mods. I agree that the colors of the biomes as they appear on the maps are very dark for me too.

This is ruining my dungeon challenge. It's really hard to tell between the neon city and fae unless I can actually see them next to each other, then you can see a split, so one of them have a good chance of being the fae, or vice versa, depending on which dungeon challenge I'm doing.

I don't understand why the map was modified as it was already modified if I remember correctly before a while back.

Please fix this asap. Thanks.

The biomes used to have the biome symbols in a faded gray color instead of a darker version of the biome color, making it much easier to tell biome to biome besides color alone. I do agree gamma can be increased to make it easier to tell biomes apart, but it's an odd thing to need to change on your monitor for a single part of 1 game.

If the old style map biome icons where brought back, nothing else would need to be adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Obnimaz View Post
    The biomes used to have the biome symbols in a faded gray color instead of a darker version of the biome color, making it much easier to tell biome to biome besides color alone. I do agree gamma can be increased to make it easier to tell biomes apart, but it's an odd thing to need to change on your monitor for a single part of 1 game.

If the old style map biome icons where brought back, nothing else would need to be adjusted.
    This exactly. Why change something that was working well to something we now have trouble using without some form of modification?

Map Needs fixing -- easy enough - just put it back to what it was.

+ Reply to Thread