Thread: [Suggestion] Geode Topside Outpost

Lightbulb [Suggestion] Geode Topside Outpost

While I think I understand the feeling the outpost-only system brings to Topside, I can understand how some may feel it falls short in their usefulness as it misses many benches any seasoned player’s cornerstone would have.

In order of priority, I want to suggest the addition of a Forge, Chaos Forge, and Enchanted Forge to Topside Outposts. And I want to put a major emphasis on the addition of a Forge.

These tools I feel would help give a “Upgrade as you Play” dynamic that Topside would benefit from, seeing as it plays like a foreign desolate planet with the only breaths of hope being the outposts. This minute addition I feel would make outposts in Topside feel much more suited for those seasoned players coming into new lands with new tools without forcing them to lose any possible progress to upgrade their pre-existing crystal gear.

I've noticed Outposts are in fact destructible by the Vanguardians touchdown as well as bombs. While I know this probably isn't much of an issue of PTS, it probably will be on Live.

Also to add, I think outposts should change your spawn to the most recently visited one. This could help players who clear out an entire biome, travel out, and don't have to worry about death taking them all the way to the center of the world.

That would be a very nice alternative to the lack of cornerstones. Perhaps a new block that you manually activate to set the spawn, becasue players may want to just dump off loot without resetting the spawn.

You can carry the benches with you in your Build Inventory if you choose and place them anywhere in the world I think. On Xbox, I carry a trading post so I can trade with people without being near a cornerstone or go back to my club.

I am not sure if this will work on PC or if it will work on Geode for either system so if you can see if this works and report back here, I would like that.

On PC they are only placeable on Cornerstones and Club worlds.

Plus, it wouldn't be a very viable alternative with enemies littered everywhere, especially for players new to the environment and the Light/Dark system who would die and then lose their benches possibly far away from the original spawn.

oh, ok I see. Not for everyone

Only trade post can be placed almost anywhere regardless of what platform ur playing on