Thread: [Suggestion] 5* dungeons and u10 topside overall being underwhelming

[Suggestion] 5* dungeons and u10 topside overall being underwhelming

As a periodically heavy grinder of trove, even farming blocktron in 1 day months ago, getting 6 dragons in a week, etc.

I fail to see how U10 difficulty brings anything new to trovians' gaming experience, with the nerf of lesser topside cache's drops and how awkward it is to farm them after todays (december 14th) update there is no actual reason to farm 5 star dungeons at all after we reach cap gear.

So far, I still estimate (and so does many other fellow trovians) that for end game players topside will last at most 1 month for reaching max gear for the not so hardcore players and maybe 24h for the hardcores.

After that point, u10 and topside overall doesnt bring anything to the table, we will be even forced to go back to u9 prime worlds to get the resources needed to craft proper augments, and that means that there's no real reason to care about u10, it doesn't allow us to have a place when we can efficiently farm every resource.

And even if u did add back shadow gem box drop to u10 topside then there is the problem that the dungeons are so far from each other that the efficiency compared to u9, dust wise, is too low making u10 wortheless, even for tome grinding.

As far as for the current state of u10 now, it will be just another geode or bomber royale, an addition that doesn't bring anything useful to the majority of the player base that will just be appealing for a few of us.
    IGN: TectonicRift
    Languages: Spanish, English

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Rift View Post
    As far as for the current state of u10 now, it will be just another geode or bomber royale, an addition that doesn't bring anything useful to the majority of the player base that will just be appealing for a few of us.
    I have to agree. Geode was not especially fun for me, just another chore to do for the mastery. It did not bring any sort of lore to keep me interested in going further in the caves nor did advancing through higher tiers change the gameplay much at all. I had high hopes for geode only to see that it's a slow mining simulator, granted it was good for making flux so there's a +1.
    I know many players are uninterested in Trove until U10 arrives, so to see the issues Tect mentioned, it is a huge disappointment. We all wondered if U10 was just going to be another copy paste of lower Ubers, and aside from the whole light/dark stat, it pretty much is.
    || MASTERY: 540+ ||

I also have to agree and I am on consoles.
    With a copy and paste (Which Trove is known for)

Whenever we get something good for an end game (Like topside lesser caches) they just remove it and give us stuff that we can farm even faster without going to them.

I was interested knowing that when the update comes at lease there is an end game and now it's back to the same old tome grinding.

I fail to see the suggestion

You have a point and i support that u10 will just be another geode thing that we will done and forget.

Developers may not want us to be all in one place, we should get materials from all places, st, u9 and u10 should bring us something new.

So, here's my suggestion:
    Add a new gem argument that required cosmic dust or something else from u10
    or
    Make a new Chaos Spark or Flare

Quote Originally Posted by TomNoble View Post
    or

From PTS notes Dec 12 pt2.

Added a new augment, the Contained Chaos Flare. This augment allows players to move one of the 5/10/15 stat boosts from one stat on a Gem to another stat at random.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ13 View Post
    From PTS notes Dec 12 pt2.

Added a new augment, the Contained Chaos Flare. This augment allows players to move one of the 5/10/15 stat boosts from one stat on a Gem to another stat at random.
    hardly an augment, its just a boost transfer to a random stat slot and it also doesnt require topside resources at all

Quote Originally Posted by TomNoble View Post
    I fail to see the suggestion

You have a point and i support that u10 will just be another geode thing that we will done and forget.

Developers may not want us to be all in one place, we should get materials from all places, st, u9 and u10 should bring us something new.

or
    I did suggest reverting lesser caches to its original state or returning shadow gem boxes to topside so we can either get augments without relying on time gated content or resources to craft one without overcoming the timegated content.

I also imply a suggestion, that they should reduce the distance (aka increase dung concentration per biome) between dungeons, but sure i could go deeper and add, that they could make mid-red biome (the one that has the caves for resource farming) to have a lower concentration of dungeons and either dark red have a high 5* dung concentrarion and the light red to have a higher elite and 1* concentration

So thanks, I should have been clearer.