Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Way to go

Please excuse me for saying what's already been said, but I'm going to say it anyway, and also please excuse me for saying it a few days after its relevance. After seeing the official launch date for U10 (on the 18th), I wanted to look at the update once more and see if these issues were fixed. I am disappointed to see they were not.

Two of the main points in the December 12 patch were updating the drop tables for Topside caches and giving Nitroglycerin for the reward for adventures on Topside, and I hate both of these changes. I'll start with the adventures. It takes almost no time to find nitro in Topside. I just need to find a cave biome, and finding it is quick work. It takes less than a minute. So why would I bother talking to the NPCs at the spawn point, and either finding 5 star dungeons (which has become increasingly harder later in the patch) or killing 20 bosses, just to do something that takes me less than a minute if I didn't bother with it? Either change them back to giving topside caches, or if you insist on keeping the nitro, then the quests need to give out a lot more.

And now, to talk about updating the loot tables of topside caches. They used to have radiant pancakes and gem augments. Although I don't hate them removing radiant pancakes, I do mind them removing the gem augments. Apparently, according to other people on this forum, gem augments were just meant as a placeholder for other things. I don't buy it. Placeholders are things everyone can get. Glim can be a placeholder. Glim is easy to get, and we've seen it on the livestreams before. If they really needed a placeholder, glim could have worked. Gem augments and pancakes are not good placeholders. If it was the intention all along that gem augments were a placeholder, literally any other item would have been better. Augments are strong enough that everyone wants them, but in such short supply that the player base would have welcomed another chance at getting them. I know most people are missing bound brilliance to craft them, but for me, the limiting factor is flux. I have almost 1k BB that I'm storing up, but I digress. The point is, it was believable that gem augments were drops in topside caches, and removing them feels like a cheap cop-out. I wouldn't even say it was broken before at the rate we used to get topside caches. Most of the time, I was getting cores, and sometimes I would get augments, and that was just fine. I wasn't swimming in them, but I got a nice boost in PR. Although I haven't had the chance to grind topside caches after the patch in question, from what I've seen in screenshots, the new ore dropped is not worth it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they drop around 10 green ore or 1 nitro if you open the ore slot. Again, what did I just say in the previous paragraph? It takes NO TIME AT ALL to find the same quantity of resources in the caves once you find one. Also, I saw screenshots here the an uncommon slot happens to give the exact same resources as the common slot. That in itself makes no sense. Going on another tangent, how do you make chaos flares? If you don't have binding darkness, good luck. There's no reliable way to get Binding Darkness nowadays, so crafting them is just a matter of luck, which we all know doesn't exist in the game.

TLDR: So what can we take away from this? Adventures are now useless, and the topside caches are just for cores, and the other drops are a slap in the face instead of a nice bonus. I want to see this reverted before U10 comes out.

EDIT: So I saw in the newer patch notes that the drop tables for topside caches were changed to include bound brilliance. I suppose that's decent, but it kind of feels like putting a bandage on a stab wound. I suppose it's good for players to get it without it being timegated? It does nothing for me since I'm lacking flux, though. Also, my original point about how to craft chaos sparks, and by extension, chaos flares, still stands. If bound brilliance is in topside caches, why not binding darkness? Especially if you wanted to push chaos flares, binding darkness is a must have. But again, that horse is already dead. Now, I guess it just seems like a matter of ideals on how topside caches should be handled. The way was before, the ideal was "focus on grinding, and you'll get it." Now, the ideal is "You can have a big boost once a day, but if you choose to keep going, it'll be slow." Now that I put it that way, it shouldn't be a surprise that they changed it like this. I'm keeping my original thoughts here, unedited, just because I was salty and needed somewhere to rant.
    To modify Christina Perri's Jar of Hearts, "My arteries explode from the salt inside my soul, so cut the RNG, before it ruins me."

Quote Originally Posted by Craftsman42 View Post
    Please excuse me for saying what's already been said, but I'm going to say it anyway, and also please excuse me for saying it a few days after its relevance. After seeing the official launch date for U10 (on the 18th), I wanted to look at the update once more and see if these issues were fixed. I am disappointed to see they were not.

Two of the main points in the December 12 patch were updating the drop tables for Topside caches and giving Nitroglycerin for the reward for adventures on Topside, and I hate both of these changes. I'll start with the adventures. It takes almost no time to find nitro in Topside. I just need to find a cave biome, and finding it is quick work. It takes less than a minute. So why would I bother talking to the NPCs at the spawn point, and either finding 5 star dungeons (which has become increasingly harder later in the patch) or killing 20 bosses, just to do something that takes me less than a minute if I didn't bother with it? Either change them back to giving topside caches, or if you insist on keeping the nitro, then the quests need to give out a lot more.

And now, to talk about updating the loot tables of topside caches. They used to have radiant pancakes and gem augments. Although I don't hate them removing radiant pancakes, I do mind them removing the gem augments. Apparently, according to other people on this forum, gem augments were just meant as a placeholder for other things. I don't buy it. Placeholders are things everyone can get. Glim can be a placeholder. Glim is easy to get, and we've seen it on the livestreams before. If they really needed a placeholder, glim could have worked. Gem augments and pancakes are not good placeholders. If it was the intention all along that gem augments were a placeholder, literally any other item would have been better. Augments are strong enough that everyone wants them, but in such short supply that the player base would have welcomed another chance at getting them. I know most people are missing bound brilliance to craft them, but for me, the limiting factor is flux. I have almost 1k BB that I'm storing up, but I digress. The point is, it was believable that gem augments were drops in topside caches, and removing them feels like a cheap cop-out. I wouldn't even say it was broken before at the rate we used to get topside caches. Most of the time, I was getting cores, and sometimes I would get augments, and that was just fine. I wasn't swimming in them, but I got a nice boost in PR. Although I haven't had the chance to grind topside caches after the patch in question, from what I've seen in screenshots, the new ore dropped is not worth it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they drop around 10 green ore or 1 nitro if you open the ore slot. Again, what did I just say in the previous paragraph? It takes NO TIME AT ALL to find the same quantity of resources in the caves once you find one. Also, I saw screenshots here the an uncommon slot happens to give the exact same resources as the common slot. That in itself makes no sense. Going on another tangent, how do you make chaos flares? If you don't have binding darkness, good luck. There's no reliable way to get Binding Darkness nowadays, so crafting them is just a matter of luck, which we all know doesn't exist in the game.

TLDR: So what can we take away from this? Adventures are now useless, and the topside caches are just for cores, and the other drops are a slap in the face instead of a nice bonus. I want to see this reverted before U10 comes out.

EDIT: So I saw in the newer patch notes that the drop tables for topside caches were changed to include bound brilliance. I suppose that's decent, but it kind of feels like putting a bandage on a stab wound. I suppose it's good for players to get it without it being timegated? It does nothing for me since I'm lacking flux, though. Also, my original point about how to craft chaos sparks, and by extension, chaos flares, still stands. If bound brilliance is in topside caches, why not binding darkness? Especially if you wanted to push chaos flares, binding darkness is a must have. But again, that horse is already dead. Now, I guess it just seems like a matter of ideals on how topside caches should be handled. The way was before, the ideal was "focus on grinding, and you'll get it." Now, the ideal is "You can have a big boost once a day, but if you choose to keep going, it'll be slow." Now that I put it that way, it shouldn't be a surprise that they changed it like this. I'm keeping my original thoughts here, unedited, just because I was salty and needed somewhere to rant.

First off. The gem augments and pancakes in the chests gave "F2P" players items that are not time gated or P2W items.

Given that now BB is now in the loot table is slightly better but still only certain things.

Now with only being able to get a certain number of "Gold" and "Silver" ones again makes U10 pretty useless now even more because you can farm U8 5* and get the same amount with the only thing in U10 being Crystal 3 and Stellar Cosmic Gems.

Now if the chests acted the way world boss dragons where the higher Uber the more you get then that's an incentive to do more U10, but now it's U8 is the new U9.

But it's trove and they can only make things that have already been in game, change it in a way it's "New" and then put it back in the game.