+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: U10 PC & Console separation...

I personally think they are phasing out the consoles anyway I have spent thousands of hours and thousands of dollars (not trying for entitlement, but just background) on my xbox version because I did not have a PC that could play the game smoothly until recently. My club world alone took more than a year to build off and on. I am in the top 200 mastery on Xbox. I feel that all of this is all a waste now and think it is not fair.

I can understand small fixes and patches (maintenance stuff) to be separated, but major content updates? WTF?? That should release at the same time. I can live with bug fixes being separate, but not huge content updates. Merry Christmas PC users...glad you are getting what you want...what we ALL WANT months before the console players do.

We will not get U10 until sometime in Spring most likely, but the PC "master race" will bug test it for us I guess. None of this matters as new ownership, new managers, ect means new decisions and roadmaps. They will phase out consoles in the next 6 months or less anyway I feel. PLEASE PLEASE port my console account to PC as I now have a PC that can play this game. I P2W on both accounts, but might stop on console as I do not feel there will be a future for consoles past Easter (Spring) or summer anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageSergal View Post
    I personally think they are phasing out the consoles anyway I have spent thousands of hours and thousands of dollars (not trying for entitlement, but just background) on my xbox version because I did not have a PC that could play the game smoothly until recently. My club world alone took more than a year to build off and on. I am in the top 200 mastery on Xbox. I feel that all of this is all a waste now and think it is not fair.

I can understand small fixes and patches (maintenance stuff) to be separated, but major content updates? WTF?? That should release at the same time. I can live with bug fixes being separate, but not huge content updates. Merry Christmas PC users...glad you are getting what you want...what we ALL WANT months before the console players do.

We will not get U10 until sometime in Spring most likely, but the PC "master race" will bug test it for us I guess. None of this matters as new ownership, new managers, ect means new decisions and roadmaps. They will phase out consoles in the next 6 months or less anyway I feel. PLEASE PLEASE port my console account to PC as I now have a PC that can play this game. I P2W on both accounts, but might stop on console as I do not feel there will be a future for consoles past Easter (Spring) or summer anyway.
    The :BUG: Test is just a line..... they can't bug test console on pc..... if so we would never of had unique errors on console.
    They can only balance things...
    What happens the 1st time console gets a bug pc did not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    The :BUG: Test is just a line..... they can't bug test console on pc..... if so we would never of had unique errors on console.
    Exactly, look at the hell PS4 had to go through with all the bugs on some of their updates. This is all about keeping down costs incurred via certification on consoles and keeping the appearance that the game is "alive" with a steady trickle of minor updates on PC which will get bundled into bigger singular updates on console.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    You misunderstood the message I wrote. PC is not testing console bugs, but they are going to find the bugs in the update so the devs can patch them before the update hits consoles later next year. Sorry for the confusion.

So.. whats PTS for then.. PC players can play and bug test all they want on PTS and yet the decision to separate content was made for what's probably the last major update trove will ever see. But even if they release future major updates there's no reason for content separation when there's a PTS server. Makes no sense and this is coming from someone who plays PC and console.

+ Reply to Thread