Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Emp. gem 3* RNG

Emp. gem 3* RNG

Opened 700+ boxes and get two gems with three stars (stats). This is a joke?

RNG has always been like that. Some people get a 3 star perfect gem on the first box, some people never get it.

I opened around 500 Empowered/Stellar Empowered boxes last night and I think I wound up with 2 3-stat stellars of the new gem type from all of that.
    Note: I did get several of the old gem types with 3 stats on them.

~1,850 emp/stellar boxes, (17) 3 stat cosmic gems for context. Stars has been out of date since emps no longer roll flat 300 500 700PR, with their stats stuck at 50% so boost RNG wasn't a factor.

For context, every boost is worth +[0-20] in precise augment cost, so the first three stat rolls %/%/% are half the picture when you still have to roll +[0-20] augment cost three times when you level it, the likelyhood of getting good rolls 6 times in a row isn't worth considering.

458PR gems 3rd time being leveled only needed 5 additional augments to max leveling to 15, while the best rolls on the 550PR gem took an additional 20 augments, The idea is.. waiting for the best starting point may hinder getting gems you'd likely roll anyway if you didn't wait... especially now that leaderboard rewards will stretch further, leveling to 15 wont be such a big deal on 'not exactly the best' PR gems.

Exported my account 5 times in a row and opened over 450 emp gem boxes to get a 3* berserk battler. Really nasty RNG.

The droprates on cosmic emp gems is horrendous, something has to be wrong with it.. I've opened 600 so far and have only gotten 6 cosmic stellars, only 1 of which had 3 stats while also having a bad ability. If these rates were to make it to live I can guarantee many players will end up not even bothering the new content after their months of saved up Emp gem boxes don't pay out. There needs to be a more direct way to receive cosmic emp stellars, such as a cosmic empowered gem box similar to our current stellar empowered gem boxes. I also heard that stats can't be rerolled on cosmic gems. Couple this with the extremely low droprate of cosmic stellars, the low chance of getting a 3 stat cosmic emp gem, the chance of getting the ability you want, and the chance of boosting three times into the proper slots topped off with a purely time gated method of acquisition and you have an absolutely horrid and counter-intuitive system that will only serve to drive unlucky players away. We need to be able to have more control over our luck, pure RNG "stonewalls" that block you from progressing are extremely offputting.

Clarification: You can't reroll the Light stat on cosmic gems. So if you boost into Light the gem is potentially trash and not endgame viable, depending on how much Light stat we need. There needs to be another way to move boosts if we cannot reroll our gems, this is too RNG heavy otherwise.

It's weird, I use golden gem keys on lessers gem boxes (cosmic/shadow) and never get a two stat gem anymore (related to new stat value minimums?) but emp/stellar boxes still have the ability to drop 2-stat gems!

They said they made the same percentage to drop the new gem...

They lied, or there's a bug... I just opened 220+ empowered gem boxes and didn't got a SINGLE one stelar cosmic gem.

Not a single one... I can feel the frustation knocking already... seriously, fix it, this is just dumb... imagine trying to drop such a gem with just the weekly rewards? If i didn't drop one from 220+, opening 10~15 empowered gem boxes per week will be a nightmare.
    IGN: _Ethernet || /joinworld Etherion Temple

Quote Originally Posted by Etherbl View Post
    They said they made the same percentage to drop the new gem...

They lied, or there's a bug... I just opened 220+ empowered gem boxes and didn't got a SINGLE one stelar cosmic gem.

Not a single one... I can feel the frustation knocking already... seriously, fix it, this is just dumb... imagine trying to drop such a gem with just the weekly rewards? If i didn't drop one from 220+, opening 10~15 empowered gem boxes per week will be a nightmare.
    I wouldn't say that they lied. This is how RNG works for some people. 2 years without a DDE from EMP Gem boxes on my main account with Patron is an example of my bad RNG, compared to others that were swimming in DDE's from the same time period. As long as our advancement is tied to RNG, this frustration is going to appear.

so that means you can get better stats with a lower gem or what are you trying to say here?