+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trove Coef & Damage Calc

Frozen Ward on ice sage increases the AS% by 400% so that will affect your DPS on basic attack, since the APS will cap at 300% making it 4.5 with the base of 1.5

260% * (1 + 4) AS -> 1300% AS (but caps at 300%)
    1.5 * 3 = 4.5 APS

Also, you need a class gem variable since basic attack is affected by the class gem, with every 3rd hit doing an additional hit as an explosion. Therefore affecting the DPS of basic attack based on APS and CG. The coefficient for the 3rd hit explosion is the same as m2 ability [6.3]

Also, I not sure if you take into consideration that classes have naturally different stats at level 30 without any dragons/gear/gems, that should affect the accuracy of the final damage numbers.

Not sure about your "class multiplier" formula and why you're adding there the debuffs from REV/DR/VG, because those are applied at the very end, the final modification to the numbers.

[formula to calculate damage for some ability] * (1 + [debuff %]) = final damage

IGN : Autumn| Leader of Laezaria

Frozen Ward ... base of 1.5
    Also, you need a class gem variable since basic attack is affected by the class gem, with every 3rd hit doing an additional hit as an explosion. ...
    I'll change it to (1/1.5) base depending if frozen ward is enabled
    Initially overlooked all the classes with the 3 swing/hit mechanic (VG/BR/IS), mistakenly left IS's intact
    My first look it seemed it was more than 4.5 APS which was sort of hard to follow with all the VFX (imgur.com), I'm sure it's a bug people are capitalizing on.
    I'll include the AS buff when ward is enabled, all classes cap correctly at 300% already

Also, I not sure if you take into consideration that classes have naturally different stats at level 30 without any dragons/gear/gems, that should affect the accuracy of the final damage numbers.
    base numbers are called out on each class page, easily obtained by entering battle arena maps.

Not sure about your "class multiplier" formula and why you're adding there the debuffs from REV/DR/VG, because those are applied at the very end, the final modification to the numbers

[formula to calculate damage for some ability] * (1 + [debuff %]) = final damage
    Using 2 alts (VG/RV) I came to the conclusion they were treated like other 'class multiplier' damage mechanics

I think this helps prove it, in-game dmg numbers reversed to skill coef using a faes basic atk (ego active)

By other 'class multiplier' damage mechanics I mean classes like LL/CB that have 1.30 multiplier turn into a 3.25 (1.3*2.5, 3.25, or +225%) when you use martial emblem, versus other classes that have 1*2.5, or +150% listed on the page

For IS's frozen ward&arcane product(1,2.5,2) which is 5 or +400%
    instead of something like (1*(2.5+2)) 4.5 or +350% (+250%+100%) which is incorrect

so having the grey percentage, which can be taken as a 'multiplier', has the product(area (st/geode), class, debuff, debuff) which should be accurate

1%ST*2.5 emblem, 2.5%*2 ward, 5%*1.05 RV, 5.25%*1.05 VG, 5.5125%*1.025 DL, 5.6503125%
    instead of 1%*2.5, 2.5%*2 ward, 5%*1.125 sum(rv,vg,dl), 5.625% (*gasp* 0.025% difference :^) )

Thank you for your response.

Hey lunar may I bug you for a quick sec with some dumb question. So when people were asking about the new rolls for Sr, there was a chart put up with all the rolls. I went off of those for my class but was told by other sr'er the rolls are different now an I ask where they got the new rolls an they said pc player (ps4 na player here) making this longer than it needs to be but do you know the current rolls that PC players are using for gs? 7/5 13/11 is what they're saying but its not on any of top chart we were shown,

Quote Originally Posted by XxJoExX0 View Post
    Hey lunar may I bug you for a quick sec with some dumb question. So when people were asking about the new rolls for Sr, there was a chart put up with all the rolls. I went off of those for my class but was told by other sr'er the rolls are different now an I ask where they got the new rolls an they said pc player (ps4 na player here) making this longer than it needs to be but do you know the current rolls that PC players are using for gs? 7/5 13/11 is what they're saying but its not on any of top chart we were shown,
    Those top rolls simply don't matter because the damage difference is so low the amount of shots needed to take down the target does not change. Damage is not dealt in a constant stream, its dealt in burst shots. As a rule of thumb, if you balance your damage and CD evenly, you will achieve the same end result. ie, 101 damage vs 100 damage still takes the same 10 shots to take down 1000 HP.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Quote Originally Posted by XxJoExX0 View Post
    Hey lunar .. do you know the current rolls that PC players are using for gs? 7/5 13/11 is what they're saying but its not on any of top chart we were shown
    The issue I see here with your numbers is we don't have the primordial cosmic dragon, so currently we're doing two sets of dmg/cd's for elemental and cosmic.
    Arctect made this listing (google docs) which shows how the rankings now and what may happen after they add a promordial cosmic dragon. (we're on the same page for the current play [my sheet and theirs], I do not currently have a switch to enable/disable a potential cosmic prim)

At a glance I'm not certain which combo comes up to 7/5 13/11, a few 7/5's I add up turn out to be 12/12's.

To add on to what Summer says, I put in that >=99.99% column in my own sheet to drive home these rankings are super tied at certain points, so rerollers aren't worth using.

old example of diff between top vs 99.981%, mastery level of your group comp might play a bigger role than your gem combos imo

I really appreciate the replies c: I'm not 1 to stress over the small numbers, was just wondering where they got these numbers from beside them just saying "PC players" thanks again! Been purple for 1 year an 6 months hah just trying to keep it <3

V1.01 Released Go here (google drive) and [Download] a local copy

Remembered what I was missing, 30K PR update for GS +dmg% subclass ability
    Equipment -> Subclass -> Gunslinger -> 5 -> 5.5

Here's a preview of what the list looks like with the 'extreme filter' enabled
    It hides 3952/5320, 74.28%, undesirable layouts from view

V1.02 Released Go here (google drive) and [Download] a local copy
    Changelog (imgur.com)
    I've enabled Kyrothon, since he'll show up after Tuesdays patch

Architect provided a working sample I could play with, happened across a solution to keep sample gathering a lot less of a chore in the future
    ( 4 difficulties x 3 gear setups ) vs ( 4 difficulties x 25 gear setups )

Further reading is available in the appropriate tab, you can check out posts by Architect here and here and see above where he got the numbers from previously

Just noticed dino tamers snare was looking at attack speed, any thing else you feel should be included or addressed before I post this little version update?

Food has been added, removed stuff from the equipment tab that wasn't actually being taken into account and fixed the gs subclass for realsies this time

I'll wait till pts wraps up before posting this version, sample (imgur.com) .. 0.028 million dps increase.

+ Reply to Thread