+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ways to make Boomeranger more viable and building in combat

Ways to make Boomeranger more viable and building in combat

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like my Neon NInja dwarfs my Boomeranger when it comes to combat. The Boomeranger, while fun, seems to take quite a bit of multitasking, and the only way I can keep him from dying is by drinking vampiric flasks or trying to constantly stay away from enemies while kiting them with my bow.

I was wondering, how could I make the Boomeranger more efficient, and could placing blocks to stand on and kite from help?

Without Surestrike with Martial Emblem, my damage output seems to be lacking, but with both of those instead of vampiric emblem, I tend to die a lot easier.

Don’t forget, the Boomeranger has 2 weapons. As a player who uses the Boomer as a second main, I can say that the Sword is what you want to be using for adventure worlds and soloing. The Bow is better for Shadow Tower, where you have other players to keep the enemies away, letting you lob bombs and urns in without worry.

The build I use is an ability spam one, made for rapid-fire bombs. Using Lil’ Burgie/Spooky Spike/Chronomancer Quebesly as the ally gives that sweet cooldown reduction, and the 25% just so happens to put your abilities into a nice rhythm. It takes 2 boomerangs for the Bawk Bomb, and 3-5 for the Mysterious Urn. It does take a lot of attention to focus on the abilities, but once you get it down, you can pretty much mindlessly keep the combo going. Don’t bother trying to hit the enemies at range with the boomerang, it’s best to slap that at the ground for a faster recharge.

Stat-wise, attack speed all the way, you can get a three-hit combo off with the weapon before the boomerang comes back if you get it high enough. Crit % and Crit Damage are nice, so is movement speed for quick kiting. You could try using Draco’s subclass for added cooldown reduction, but it usually sets the rhythm off-sync. I use Knight’s subclass, as the mounted movement speed makes dodging DD’s nuke easier, and more potions heavily increases survivability. Death Defying Flask with Bountiful and Unyielding Emblems is what I roll for max survivability (my boomer is very squishy), but you could also try a damage flask build, with Vial of Unleashed Power, Martial and Surestrike Emblems.

Keep in mind, this is just my build, and you can play the class in whatever manner you want or enjoy the most. Good luck and bombs away to you!

Thank you very much, CDM135. I just kind of wish that the class flowed better. I don't know exactly what I'm talking about though, it's just how it feels when I handle it.

I usually use Bandolier flasks with Vampiric Emblem and either Martial Emblem for extra melee AoE damage for quick room clear outs, or Vampiric Emblem and Chronomancer Emblem for when I'm kiting and spamming Bawk-Bombs for easy safe life steal and lots more DPS. It just feels a bit expensive downing potions to make as many chickens as possible. I think my Boomer is squishy too, because every time I try to not rely on Vampiric Emblem, I just die instantly in U8, even with the Revenant subclass and Rapt Berserker going.

My problem is finding a sweet spot. The Neon Ninja feels kind of auto but like it can at least stand up for itself and avoid nasty hits. It takes a lot more multi-tasking and constant careful movement to make the Boomeranger not take deadly hits.

+ Reply to Thread