+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Team Letter

1.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #1

Trove Team Letter

Trovians,

We’re sorry it’s taken a while to get word out to the community. It was very important to us that any information we shared was completely locked in because we recognize the very valid concerns players will have when a situation like this arises.

The folks at gamigo are working very hard to make sure our team has the resources we need to move forward with ongoing development. This whole process has moved very quickly but there is still more work to do. Geode phase 2 is being finalized and we hope to have info on when that will release and what it will contain in the near future. We wanted to specifically call out that Uber 10 and the new surface biome on Geode are core components of the update.

Adjusting to a smaller dev team will give us the opportunity to create a more agile development structure. By moving away from massive, monolithic plans for each major update we can empower our designers and engineers to team up on features that excite them and then bring those features to the game more quickly.

A key part of this agile development structure will be to decouple the PC and console versions of Trove. We have the ability to quickly roll out features and fixes on the PC then put these updates together for the consoles separately. Console players will still receive all the PC content it’ll just be on different timelines.

We know you’re all anxious to hear more specifics about future content. Our immediate focus is to deliver Geode Phase 2 this year and will have more info to share on future updates after we’ve rolled out this important update.

Thanks for reading,
    -The Trove Team

I would just like to ask why is that letter seems just like the devstream résumé ? because we got no new info regarding Trove in that letter:

we knew the "train vs truck" change / U10 still a thing / the platform separated updates / smaller team.

Maybe I hyped that letter too much (they said 95% of our concerns will go away after that)
    Praise the sunflower !

Quote Originally Posted by jejezman View Post
    I would just like to ask why is that letter seems just like the devstream résumé ? because we got no new info regarding Trove in that letter:

we knew the "train vs truck" change / U10 still a thing / the platform separated updates / smaller team.

Maybe I hyped that letter too much (they said 95% of our concerns will go away after that)

That's how I see it as well. While it's good to get confirmation that development is still going to be continued (no complaints there!), there was no new information that we hadn't already heard. Although I can already hear console players ranting about how the split updates will "give pc players and advantage, and it's not fair...". I'm sure the devs would have expected a reaction like this, so they wouldn't have done it without a reason. If there's one thing I hope for in trove's development path, it's that gamigo tries to restrain itself from its characteristic "ptw" game conversion. Trove already has the credit pouch system, and I hope they still put things up for credits in the future (although I do expect a lot of cash-only pack in the near future, they've got to make up a bit for the initial loss of money from buying the game in the first place).
    And "We wanted to specifically call out that Uber 10 and the new surface biome on Geode are core components of the update." makes me worry that the gardening will not be included in the initial u10 release (but with the later update that will contain the new primordial dragon). The gardening was something I was genuinely excited about, and it would sadden me if it fell through the cracks.
    These are just my initial thoughts, but I'll have more to say when the news sinks in over time. :3

Quote Originally Posted by CDM135 View Post
    Although I can already hear console players ranting about how the split updates will "give pc players and advantage, and it's not fair...". I'm sure the devs would have expected a reaction like this
    I'll take warframe as an example of updates Rolling after PC, and that's not an issue at all. those are different "worlds"

so I dont think it will be a rant subject. they may announce PTS next livestream, that will "confirm U10 in 2019" though
    Praise the sunflower !

what about pts they said pts would be in this letter when will it go back up alot of people want it back up

This can't be the "letter" that was 90% or so done at stream time on Friday right?

Quote Originally Posted by lelo2210 View Post
    what about pts they said pts would be in this letter when will it go back up alot of people want it back up
    PTS will be up when they have something ready for us to test. Never full time again if that's what you're asking for.

Yesss! Finally some good news!

I do have a question FASTI... Is there a possibility of club wipes on ps4? Or any type of wipe for that matter?

Ah so basically brake up the updates so it applies sooner to the platform its on so if something brakes on one side can get patched out. That and probably want to maintain a steady group of people rather than have it spike up in people to see new big update only for it to kinda slowly drop. Guess this works, hopefully can still have that gardening update
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 17/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

With all due respect Fasti, surely this isn't the letter that was being mentioned in the livestream last week. I suppose that there is some information we can inference from it, but it really says nothing that we had not already gotten from the livestream.

+ Reply to Thread