+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is playing NN without Heuristic Haxstar viable?

Is playing NN without Heuristic Haxstar viable?

I ask because even though I love the new skill and power, I kind of miss the old, faster, smaller, single-target shurikens. I know it's weird, but I do. It felt more ninja-y and balanced.

So, say I do un-socket the class gem in favor of the smaller shurikens. How could I build my empowered gems and character to compensate for that? Get Explosive Epilogue? Put more stats into damage?

Honestly I wouldn't recommend because a lot of times it's gonna hit a target you don't want to use it on, for example boss's in dungeons spawn 2 mobs near it so it gets really tricky to make ur shurikens hit the boss because of the other monsters. You can only hit 1 monster with it instead of everything in your front.

If it wasn't for the class gem NN would be a terrible farming class. Empowered gems aren't really going to make a difference to compensate for losing the class gem. The class gem also does a lot more single target damage compared to without, plus the big aoe damage it has it goes thro everything in front of you except blocks.

Anyways question how is a big shuriken not 'ninja-y'?

Also:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF8zBdj2IkA
    or
    https://youtu.be/JN6N9LZt4vc?t=113

the class gem from NN reminds me of Naruto

If you really want to then go ahead, yet you will be disadvantaged in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    If you really want to then go ahead, yet you will be disadvantaged in doing so.
    This. You may want to get a group of friends/Club that's cool with it to not face elitism tho cuz some people may want to kick you of Shadow Towers runs and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Novuhz View Post
    Anyways question how is a big shuriken not 'ninja-y'?
    Because I don't like Naruto and he's not really a ninja. If anything he's like an oriental-themed battle mage with some ninja movements. He's more like the Force Master and Warlock from Blade and Soul. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the makers of the game saw that scene in the gif and based the NN class gem off it.

But you and others still have a good point about that gameplay-wise. *sigh* I guess I'll just throw confetti balls for now when I want to feel like a real ninja. Really my desire for snipy stars is more vanity than anything else, and even though it may feel more ninja-like, this is still just a game at the end of the day, and I'm more likely gonna be solo-clearing dungeons than teaming up with people every time I go out hunting, so I need to be prepared.

Now if I REALLY want to be a sniper or marksman, I could just switch back to my Boomeranger at times or unlock the Shadow Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexly View Post
    Because I don't like Naruto and he's not really a ninja. If anything he's like an oriental-themed battle mage with some ninja movements. He's more like the Force Master and Warlock from Blade and Soul. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the makers of the game saw that scene in the gif and based the NN class gem off it.

But you and others still have a good point about that gameplay-wise. *sigh* I guess I'll just throw confetti balls for now when I want to feel like a real ninja. Really my desire for snipy stars is more vanity than anything else, and even though it may feel more ninja-like, this is still just a game at the end of the day, and I'm more likely gonna be solo-clearing dungeons than teaming up with people every time I go out hunting, so I need to be prepared.

Now if I REALLY want to be a sniper or marksman, I could just switch back to my Boomeranger at times or unlock the Shadow Hunter.
    You know you could just use a VFX mod to make the big shuriken into little stars I could do something like that.

You want your charachter to fit more the lore of the "ninja", but how many NEON ninjas have youīve seen on other sources to know what kind of shurikens they use?
    Just suck it up and do it, you will be gimping yourself badly if you donīt use the class gem. Heck, shadow hunter is an archer but his class gems turns his bow into a machine gun... Boomeranger is like a demolition or bomber man but his class gem makes so your main damage dealers are chickens. But if you donīt use the class gem on all 3 of those classes you will be nerfing yourself a lot.

Yeah, that was my next plan, Novuhz. I just got to figure out how to mod VFX. Surely it can't be hard. But I would like to see how it's done if you really don't mind.

And that was my other next plan, Tubsss. Someday I might intentionally gimp myself for extra challenge.

I agree with you that the heuristic hackstar just feels kind of naf to use. The main problem is that it completely invalidates the need for any of the ninja's other abilities, since the hackstar just does everything at once. At least with the regular stars you need to use the dash to stun enemies, which makes the class feel more dynamic to play.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubsss View Post
    You want your charachter to fit more the lore of the "ninja", but how many NEON ninjas have youīve seen on other sources to know what kind of shurikens they use?
    Just suck it up and do it, you will be gimping yourself badly if you donīt use the class gem. Heck, shadow hunter is an archer but his class gems turns his bow into a machine gun... Boomeranger is like a demolition or bomber man but his class gem makes so your main damage dealers are chickens. But if you donīt use the class gem on all 3 of those classes you will be nerfing yourself a lot.

You are right about a thematical change of NN and SH.

But the Boomeranger stays true to its roots - and this is Zelda:

Link knows how to wield a Bow, how to swing a sword, how to demolish urns, how to use bombs and how to mess around with chickens. Heck, even taking Boomer as sub class does give you a fairy!

Boomeranger is the one class that always stood true to a fix concept that never made a compromise somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread