+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Worlds Acquisition Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by XxJoExX0 View Post
    This seems like an easy fix but it's not, let's say if something is 20 dollars, an 100 ppl buy it, that's 2000 dollars, now let's lower that to 2 dollars an 1000 people bought it, it's still 2000 dollars, its ALOOT harder to sell more than it is to overpriced an sell less.
    True, but there's a bell curve for sales with several data points. The highest point is where the maximum profet lies with medium price and medium sales. Current store prices are high priced with extremely low sales. They need to take a poll for highest prices people are willing to pay for 100 cubits, draw the profit curve, then adjust 20% to 30% higher for poll bias. Guaranteed that price point would be less than half of what it is now.

Attention New Trove Owners

Can we please, please, please get marketplace orders that either relist themselves when sold per a user-specified quantity of relist batches to allow smaller batch sizes OR allow for partial lot sales so the lowest price can always be bought? Thanks.

can we pls enter our Clubs?

What's wrong, you don't like the highly illiquid and labor intensive marketplace system?

I hate when someone lists something well below where the other prices are, and then blindly keeps relisting it at that price when it sells, holding the market down. For all the relisting convenience, the market is less functional at pricing goods now.

But this is probably not very high in anyone's to do list, nor would I want to distract development of more pressing bug fixes with a marketplace overhaul.

Seeing as how the code to complete this should only take a single person 7 to 10 hours max, that's including testing, I don't think it's asking much. It could have been done right after beta and been utilized for nearly the last 2 years. How many thousands of people have quit the game because they have spent hours sitting there refreshing the market waiting for affordable materials to complete whatever objective they have? The market is a necessity, and central piece, to mastery advancement. Without it, it would take 20 times longer to advance the same amount. If the market is anything less than efficient, the overall game is as well. Everyone has a threshold, or tolerance, for inefficiency. Mine is quite high based on my adult surroundings on a daily basis, that is why I still play. I can guarantee you though, if I were still a teen, the game would have been deleted after a month, solely due to the market inefficiency and frustration of having to wait so long refreshing.

Bunch of threads all mixed in one. Little hard to follow now.

+ Reply to Thread