+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Worlds Acquisition Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    This isn't going to be the most sensitive thing to say, but to be honest I think that's for the best. It wasn't until another post somewhere that I realised literally all of their games have gone downhill. Now not all of the issues are going to be down to the Devs and the one's that are aren't going to be down to all Devs. However from playing Trove, it's been clear that some of them should either not be allowed to program professionally, or be given time to clean up their code if time constraints were too much. On stream they seem like great people, but it can't be denied that there's been some big problems. Repeatable problems...

I've never heard of Gamigo so who know's how it'll go, but personally I'd be happy with either outcome of Trove being given the attention it deserves or dying out.

This has sadly been the case since the decided to focus their games on being about collecting useless cosmetic crap instead of gameplay. Look at Rift, loyalty + mounts + recycled bosses + overpriced "loot crates". Trove, no notable gameplay at all unless you like building stuff, or doing the same thing for thousands of hours. Overpriced "packs", and nothing to do except spend your 20 minutes a day in game until new cotent is released.

I'll hold my tongue for the new devs until they've had their chance to clean things up.

I do hope anyone affeced by the layoffs is able to get back to work promptly. While I have been vocal in my distaste for how things have been lately, I would never wish anything bad on folks in the real.

Stay safe people.

"El dinero hace que el mundo gire". Suerte que abandone el juego hace un año, no entiendo por que tanto escandalo, era obvio, es una empresa y a las empresas les interesa el dinero y seguir creciendo, paso antes, pasa ahora y seguira pasando, se llama realidad. Suerte Trion! Fue bello mientras duro, les salio redondo el asunto y Avarem fue un crack!!!!!

Trion Acquisition...

IDK why, but I can't respond to Fasti's announcement post...

Which, I should note, seems to actually be a copy'n paste of a pre-fab PR response to the acquisition and layoffs.

What are the PS4 community's thoughts on this?

Also i forgot ask...

Why you sold Trion? this isn't weird? i mean why Trino do sell itself? i can't understand... Trove not bad game and everyday getting more player...

Why lots of devs leave? Why they want break our Trove Family? They are Trove's icons!!! If you delete icons, there is left nothing... Trove funny with our devs...

Whatever waiting answer to my questions... and want say Thanks to Twixler, Dopesheet, Junebug, Atronos, Fasti and our all current devs and Trove/ Trino Team. We love you! Don't forget us! because we don't do forget you...

Here's a link to the website for Trion's new owner:
    https://en.gamigo.com/game/index

I'll reserve judgement pending word from Gamigo about the future, but I don't think some of the hopes expressed in Fasti's official announcement will be addressed (i.e. minimizing cosmetic focus).

A very sad day to hear the news, even more so to hear many of the good friends i've made from the team will no longer be going forward but for a positive notion, I wish them all the best in their future endeavors and they will always have my support.
    IGN: Shirokiri | Discord: Shirokiri#4720 | Community Superstar | Trove Livestream Recapper
    Mastery: 800+

OMG... only 25 of 200 Trion employeers will remain?!
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3..._by_Gamigo.php

@Fasti:
    Will you also ,,keep working with the community" tomorrow?
    It would be really, really sad, if you are one of those who had to leave, too.

Is there anything specific that you are allowed to tell us? Like, how many of Trove's stuff will remain and what the long-term-plans for Trove are?

I cannot either and I am mastery level 2+

I have seen that out of 200 employees only 25 had the option to stay. (Out of those 25 who are Trove devs are questionable)

Now with all this happening and now not having any more livestreams to keep us updated on what is to come makes me think,
    Is U10 going to happen or will the game just end.

@Fasti Can you confirm why we can't post on the announcement/News page?

Poland, Where legendary rubber ducks live
    Honestly I have no words other than I hope that the new producers who get hand of this game will take a good care of it and won't ruin it with microtransactions or other bad stuff.

As for now, I hope for the best for both of you, and for future of Trove.

OMG I almost hit the floor when I read this.. I like to cry over it.. Trove has been my only game for years. I am hoping you are safe Fasti. if you and some of the others I have grown to love leave it would break my heart.
    I have spent a lot of money on this game and am completely nervous about someone else coming in and messing it up. I just know it wont be the same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast