+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Costume Skin] Arcane Archivist

[Costume Skin] Arcane Archivist

Ever since Leeon1234's F43 costume, I've been wanting to push the bounds of what's typical with VFX by using some "static" VFX pieces as part of the overall costume. When I was getting started with learning about PopcornFX, I tried doing something along these lines with the Trovian Shogun costume, by making a "virtual sashimono" as an effect of the Ultimate ability but I just didn't have the knowledge I needed to get it working. After working on a few other projects, I figured out enough to create effects that followed character movement properly, and now I'm putting that knowledge to use with: The Arcane Archivist

NOTE: This is concept costume, and with the sweeping changes being made to VFX, I am highly doubtful that it would ever be included as something that could be used "officially."

Concept: The Arcane Archivist is a mage of the highest order, and a consummate scholar. His trademark is an arcane tome that acts as both a familiar and a means of recording his experiences and knowledge throughout his travels. Utilizing a branch of magic considered "pure," without the taint of any elemental focus, the Arcane Archivist can summon constructs and volatile energies to aid him in battle.

Image Album: Imgur

Download: Dropbox

Note: Feedback is, of course, welcome and appreciated, but as stated above, this is very unlikely to meet the standards for becoming an official part of the game. It is, however, a fun way to give the Ice Sage a completely different feel, and make it seem like a completely different class.

This is... but.. wait.. that's.. what...?

This is soooo cool! How'd you get the book to do that?!
    Starting the robotic rebellion one raw_input() at a time.
    Shadow Arena Theme Sheet Music
    /joinworld 8243130327834050524 for The Cult of Kevin
    #comebackkevin

:O theres a holographic book infront of him! How! this is amazing!
    In Game Name : FireflyArc

That book looks really neat! Really looking forward to this. I assume that you are going to implement the book as his first skill by replacing the shield with a book? Cause from my knowledge it isn't possible to add a VFX to a clean model with no vfx.

Frontier Sheriff| Elysian Alchemist | Pool Boy | The Time Sage | Neon Scientist | Diggsly Driller | Turtleborn | IGN: iStinger

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    That book looks really neat! Really looking forward to this. I assume that you are going to implement the book as his first skill by replacing the shield with a book? Cause from my knowledge it isn't possible to add a VFX to a clean model with no vfx.
    The tome is actually part of the passive aura, so it's always out The ice sage is kind of unique in this regard, as none of the other classes have a passive aura.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIgmo View Post
    The tome is actually part of the passive aura, so it's always out The ice sage is kind of unique in this regard, as none of the other classes have a passive aura.
    I didn't know the sage actually has a passive VFX. This is amazing!

Now I am hoping they add an "empty" VFX slot to all characters. This would open up a whole array of possibilities for modders.

Frontier Sheriff| Elysian Alchemist | Pool Boy | The Time Sage | Neon Scientist | Diggsly Driller | Turtleborn | IGN: iStinger

YES! Floaty magical books!
    Monkey approves .

Holy epicness! :O
    Great job! your vfx is really amazing, cant wait to get it

Now that's extremely awesome. I'm always a fan of holographic technology and everything. Even if this is just a concept for practice and can't get in-game, this is great. I wonder what other limits you'll figure out how to break. This costume itself is nice, being another matching Radiant skin.

That is super awesome. Approve 110%

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast