Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
I'd like to start off with the fact that we get a pearl refund on already made stellar gear is nice, but that's not what this is about. I'm making this thread to talk about the invalidation and potential disasters of radiant and stellar gear. given that alot of players are currently in the midst of upgrading their gear to get to U9, this would lead to massive backlash over wasted resources. I've come up with a few ways to mitigate this:
  • When a player hit 5,000 Power Rank, trigger a golden thread quest line that tell player to buy a set of crystal gear, and teaches them how to upgrade it.
  • Make the upgrading of crystal gear tie in to current radiant and stellar gear, perhaps you would need forged radiant and stellar souls, aswell as shaper's stars to add stars to crystal gear?
I'm including radiant gear in this due to it being a fairly expensive tier to go through especially early on, and players might be sinking resources into upgrading their rediant items by the time they get access to crystal gear, though the tie-in to radiant is not mandatory. This is my own feedback, but i'd also like to invite everybody else to leave their own feedback on crystal gear in this thread, to hopefully centralize feedback in one place.
There's definitely more to say on this topic coming soon. We're definitely spacing out specifics over the coming weeks. A one time info dump can be good, but there's also something to be said for giving players info, hearing their initial thoughts, then filling out the picture a bit more, and so on. We think people will like what we have on the way but look forward to hearing from everyone once the details are fully revealed.
Jump to post...