+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cornerstone max height question

Cornerstone max height question

My current cornerstone build reaches the maximum build height within the Hub world, and I am frightened that if I were to claim a cornerstone anywhere else, I would go beyond the build height limit and have my cornerstone cropped to fit within the height cap, permanently erasing numerous parts of my cornerstone.

Would I be correct in thinking this? Or will the cornerstone be unaffected by the change in height?

2.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #2
    There are risks to building a Cornerstone at the very maximum build height or with loading it up with too many blocks using visual effects. I'd recommend dropping it down a few blocks to make it a bit easier to fit in most areas.

I've edited the forum post subject to be a bit more clear on the specific issue so players will be able to tell at a glance what info is found here.

My experience has been that the max cornerstone height is less than the world build height, and therefore not an issue. I have not had any issues myself, or heard of any issue back in Beta when cornerstone displays were more of a frequent thing.

Several cornerstones back in Beta had a platform at max height that would be used as a fishing platform, along with a cascade of water from max height.

afaik the cornerstone goes from -50 to +150, based on your cornerstone starting ground. Worlds are deeper and taller than that, so it shouldnīt be a problem, but you never know. My cornerstone has stuff at the very bottom and stuff as high as itīs possible and I never had something cropped off. There was this one time that it just disappeared entirely, but it was fixed promptly.

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaVega View Post
    My current cornerstone build reaches the maximum build height within the Hub world, and I am frightened that if I were to claim a cornerstone anywhere else, I would go beyond the build height limit and have my cornerstone cropped to fit within the height cap, permanently erasing numerous parts of my cornerstone.

Would I be correct in thinking this? Or will the cornerstone be unaffected by the change in height?
    There is no risk in building to the maximum allowed height of your cornerstone, which is 150 blocks up from ground level. You can also dig down 50 blocks from ground level as part of your cornerstone. Since the max build-able height in any world is 255 (type /debugtext and see the middle # in your location) and cornerstone plots are typically between 55 and 100 in world height, cornerstones will always fit within the build-able area of a world and the contents of your cornerstone will not be cropped.

From the Trove Wiki page on Cornerstones:
    Cornerstones are 16 blocks wide by 16 blocks long. You can dig 50 blocks down from ground level and build up 150 blocks. Any blocks within that 16 x 16 x 200 space will be transferred as part of your cornerstone.
    Dazo of Voxel Busters

TroveTools.NET Mod Loader
    Dazo's Trove Resource Compilation | Reddit: Wizdave
    My Refer a Friend Code: HEFP-YHKF-XECT-ERG-2JRWL (free class coin for new players under Mastery 20)

6.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaVega View Post

The risk in building to max height isn't that any of it would be cropped if moved to a new area. The issue is that in cases of Cornerstones disappearing a good number of them have been at max height or using a large number of VFX blocks. I recommend avoiding it specifically for that reason, though that is still quite rare.

If I could screenshot without the game crashing I'd show you what I've made and why I'm scared of losing it lol

If you see me in game and want to see my cornerstone just ask ^^

When I designed my first cornerstone, it was basically a huge abstract tower atop a base aesthetic, I would wager it was probably 90-110 high and about 20 deep. But yeah, excess VFX and going near the depth thresholds (Y -50/+150) is asking for a few problems with your cornerstone in general. It's long since replaced, however. I don't think I have a screen of the first cornerstone anymore.
    Interesting Output is the project -- Altermaven is the name. A cat-dragon who runs Voxel Villages.
    func_update(Twitter); | func_dvr(Youtube); | func_record(Mixer); (Bad Net)
    New to Trove? Under mastery 20? Use this: ZCCKHKDYZKQZRLHEJTE6

I think I got a way of showing you what I've got
    This is a vague look at it anyway, the best images I could do without my game crashing.

https://imgur.com/a/smBa00I

+ Reply to Thread