+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Bomber Royale Seasons Feedback

OP chiming in

First of all, I'm the one responsible for the original discussion on r/Trove (https://www.reddit.com/r/Trove/comme...ale_it_is_bad/)
    Kudos for rohit for verbatim copy-pasting my post and posting that here, I guess.

And next, I'm pointing out the problems with the uh, 'method' of getting season 1 coins.

1st of all: the 2:1 conversion rate. Will this be persistent on the next seasons? Because it would be RIDICULOUSLY time consuming for someone to grind season 1 coins if we, say, are at season 4 or something.

If the exchange rate goes like that, it'll be like for one season 1 coins, you'll need 8 season 4 coins. So to get the twinhead, you'll need 8*300 = 2400 season 4 coins.

That's over the level of time consuming, mind numbing grinding.

2nd: Rarely available on the boombox. This is chaos chest all over again: if you put too many variables in there, the chance to get the thing you want lessened.

Simple math. You put 10 different items with 2% drop chance in chest, that means to get them people has 0.2% chance to get the item they want. (one in ten in two percent) The rate will only get worse the more things get inside the boomboxes as we progress the seasons, and that's bad.

Then, how do I propose to solve this matter?

Create a Bomber Lobby.
    This can be used to select which game season you wanted to be in, unlike the current bomb royale shortcut that insta-teleports you inside an arena. You can choose the arenas you want, and more importantly which season coins you get by a simple selection portal: to enter older seasons, you'll need some flux, like when you are opening STs.

This way, the effort to get items from older seasons will be not increasingly difficult as time pass on. This is a more sustainable system compared to the beforementioned solution.

Hope that makes a good way.

(or, maybe just abolish the season system.)

Quote Originally Posted by Meowser View Post
    ... Season Two Coins can be used to purchase Season One Coins at a 2:1 rate ...
    Does this mean season 2 coins have half buying-power or double when it comes to season 1 items? The order of the items in the ratio suggests old items will cost twice as much.

I hope it means prior season items are half-price. Similar to how when bomber royale was introduced you only needed half of the new currency to buy old items.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathurue View Post
    Kudos for jejezman for verbatim copy-pasting my post and posting that here, I guess.
    False accusations here, but sorry, I dont need to do that... and if you took the time to check who CTRL C your post...
    Praise the sunflower !

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    Does this mean season 2 coins have half buying-power or double when it comes to season 1 items? The order of the items in the ratio suggests old items will cost twice as much.

I hope it means prior season items are half-price. Similar to how when bomber royale was introduced you only needed half of the new currency to buy old items.
    Almost certainly half, two season 2 coins to one season 1 coin.

If the prices were halved, there would be no reason to have separate seasons at all. It's pretty clear the developers want us to mostly get season 1 items in season 1 without completely barring them off with time.

I'd also assume (or at least hope) that season 3 coins can buy both season 2 and season 1 coins at the same 2:1 ratio to prevent season 1 items from getting ridiculously overpriced.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It's supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rayr
    ~~ Main classes: Dracolyte/Vanguardian | Power Rank: 23,627/23,515 | Total Mastery: 539 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 11/17 | 24/31 | 3/3 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Spirare View Post
    If the prices were halved, there would be no reason to have separate seasons at all.
    If you keep adding items to this mode, at full price, wouldn't it be rather expensive? I'd assume they're keeping older content at half-price, who puts up items at twice the price when it's old content? besides market flippers, new players seeing 600 coin dragons in the window would be a deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowser View Post
    Greetings friends,

I set up the Season Two Bomber Royale rewards and fear not; Season One rewards will still be available in Season Two using the following methods:
    • Season Two Coins can be used to purchase Season One Coins at a 2:1 rate which can then be used as normal, including to purchase the Season One Bomber Royale Coin Tome.
    • The Season One rewards will still be available at the same price using Season One coins as they are now.
    • Some of the Season One rewards (namely the Golden Twin Plague Dragon Egg and the 4 Season One Auras) are available rarely in the Season Two Boombox.
    • The original PVP rewards, the banner pieces, and the Bomber Royale Portal are available for Season Two coins at the same cost as they were for Season One coins.

Thanks for the constructive feedback!
    Sounds pretty fair to me...
    2:1 isn't the best money/time wise, but seeing as that's not the only way I can't see an overly big problem.
    Thanks for the quick reply! It's good to know our concerns are being addressed!

(On a side note, for those worried about a 2:1 conversion making it near impossible by season... 4... Fight one battle at a time. I'm sure something sensible will be done when season 3 comes out.)
    Fun fact:
    Currently the only unbeatable PvP strategy is to use the Dracolite:
    Walk to the centre of the arena and challenge the opposing team to a dance contest. Then press 2 and type /dance then once the whole other team is dancing get your teammates to kill them near the end of the round.
    Unfortunately apart from that the Drac is completely useless in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by jejezman View Post
    False accusations here, but sorry, I dont need to do that... and if you took the time to check who CTRL C your post...
    Oh whoops, wrong person.
    Been playing Maple2 for too long since launch I lost focus there. Edited.

Then, the counterargument for above: fight one battle at a time. Something sensible will be done when season 3 comes out

Seeing how the last updates go, it is highly likely nothing will be done until people started screaming. By the time season 3 comes out, more problem would have occured. That's why this problem needs to be straightened out before it is set; it is harder to change a system that has been running for some time compared to before it was implemented.

I'm not fighting against this update for people that has 1k+ bomber coins stashed, or people like me that has unlocked everything and stopped playing BR. It's for the newbies that may join in the future and loses out on the mastery that is walled behind either insane grinding/flux cost. The 'sensible' outcome for players that spend playing Trove like one or two hours per day will differ to those that played it 5+ hours a day, or to devs.

If the reason of making seasons is 'we don't want people to get headstart over others', there's a lot of way they can take to prevent people getting that headstart. People hoarding bomber coins? Why, implement time gate just like lunar souls/divinity souls. Make you can only get so much bomber coins per week. That'll make a distinction to people that play BR because they loved it, or people that plays bomb royale simply to get the coins.

Other ways? Give us better bomber coins sink; maybe another 'trash' dragon like Luxy that is permanent and cycles their inventory per week? Make bomber coins tradeable to certain resources, like ores, souls or pearls. Heck, make bomber coins expire over time, so they need to use it instead of stockpiling. Create special arenas in which you need certain numbers of bomber coins to enter, with special prizes not obtainable elsewhere.

To summarize: to prevent playes clearing new content to soon, there's a lot of ways beside doing 'seasons'.
    Please, devs, take your time and plan carefully, especially to content with Mastery value.

Banned
    2 / 1 seems to not be thought out fully for the long term.

1. This set up makes me have to play BR when you tell me to, player x must get y amount of coins between Jan and march to get items for mastery and stats.
    2. I get punishment for not playing when you tell me to at a x2 ratio.
    3. New players walk into a handicap for being new?
    4. I want to see the ful list and odds posted in game 4 battle boxes or I'm not touching them and calling them a rip off if odds are hidden from us the same as tow are a new player trap.

My solution, no seasons at all.
    Add new crates with odds posted
    Add new items and let the players who play BR and have many coins get the rewards for keeping br active and let them sell a few dragons... Why not.

I do not understand the need for seasons at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post
    I do not understand the need for seasons at all.
    you have to consider they want to keep BR population somewhat relevant over time, without having them unlocking all day 1

Seasons incentivises that (look at Overwatch, Path of exile or F....ortnite..)

it's a common method to keep a sturdy playerbase, otherwise, it kinda fades away.
    Praise the sunflower !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jejezman View Post
    you have to consider they want to keep BR population somewhat relevant over time, without having them unlocking all day 1

Seasons incentivises that (look at Overwatch, Path of exile or F....ortnite..)

it's a common method to keep a sturdy playerbase, otherwise, it kinda fades away.
    Totally agree that this works for games that have 1 thing going on.
    In trove the player is already forced to do ST on Monday as a example or gems on wed....
    Fine these day to day bonuses are well a bonus.

Forcing players to have to play br in a block of time is not going to change the amounts of people playing, it's only going to slow the farmers down.
    Why slow the farmers down?

If I want to buy all my br items and not play, why does it matter if I do it on day 1 or day 60?
    I do not see a benefit in trove to have seasons at all.
    It complicates br without adding fun or desire to play. It's simply not needed.

Say I farm up 1000 extra coins in season 1.
    Season 2 comes out.
    I buy all season 1 items and x2 the flux cost on the market going forward.
    I now start on season 2 do the same season after season.
    My season 2 items I sell now before I eat them as they are in demand for the people who don't br and I'll eat them when the prices go down 3 weeks in.
    This is a hostile market where the farmers get rich as hell. Good for them.

No seasons, prices go up a little on new items but not to bad as I can buy anytime or earn coins when ever I want, this is a relaxed market of playing at my pace or buying items at real value not a season end value.

+ Reply to Thread