+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Play Trove for a Chance to Unlock Yabaki

Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    On the Twitch stream on Friday 9/21 they showed that this mount has a lasermancy style laser that breaks blocks on click.
    Gotcha. So it's basically another Sergeant Steelgills.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordielestok View Post
    These are horrible times, and I strongly dislike how this mount is being dealt with. These item should be something we can earn, and not be unobtainable to all but a select few. Contests like this will only anger the community more, when yo could even be profiting off it and pleasing them instead. Hold an event where we can earn it by grinding a certain thing, or complete a quest line. This is not building hype or anything positive.

I personally think it's a nice looking mount, and would like it in my collection...though it is just a mount in a game that is being made into something the community is now going to be upset over. A proper contest where we can all have a chance of winning through effort, and not just 5 randoms get the rarest mount in game. People here have mentioned the issues with this form of giveaway. And these promo mounts are a garbage idea as a whole. Give a month free sub, or credit packs to drew in twitch viewers.

Should be a proper event for such an item, and this system is very disappointing to those who like to collect.
    I also agree that those are horrible times. I live in colorado (Mountain time zone) but I work during the day on Wednesday and Friday, so those dates are out to me. I can also see Sunday morning being a bad time for those that go to Church.

It's giveaways like this that really frustrate me as a long time player. I'd like to see a contest based on Patron and Loyalty points. I.E. you get one entry for every day of Patron used/consumed.

You could also do a contest with one entry for every loyalty point earned. Or combine the two. You really don't get anything other recognition for having a patron sub, or for spending money on the game. Why not make that a contest. I doubt that alts and bots are going to have spent money on the game, and therefore you would target more of the main accounts that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorvik View Post
    I also agree that those are horrible times. I live in colorado (Mountain time zone) but I work during the day on Wednesday and Friday, so those dates are out to me. I can also see Sunday morning being a bad time for those that go to Church.

It's giveaways like this that really frustrate me as a long time player. I'd like to see a contest based on Patron and Loyalty points. I.E. you get one entry for every day of Patron used/consumed.

You could also do a contest with one entry for every loyalty point earned. Or combine the two. You really don't get anything other recognition for having a patron sub, or for spending money on the game. Why not make that a contest. I doubt that alts and bots are going to have spent money on the game, and therefore you would target more of the main accounts that way.
    Because not everyone who plays has disposable income to buy Patron passes or purchases from the Store. While an interesting idea, I personally don't see it as a good one per se. You'll still have a bunch of people upset about it. "Why didn't you open it up to everyone?" being the common one I'd see happening if they did it that way...

Sigh. Good results/methods are so hard to find these days... >.<;

Why aren't the times spread out a bit on different days? It's basically the same time 3 hour block over and over.

If the time was different each contest day, it would help people who log in at various different times be able to enter. What horrible times these are for a lot of people. They're too early in the day for me. Even the two days where you do it a few hours later are too early - why such limited times instead of spreading it out for people on different contest days?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordielestok View Post
    These are horrible times, and I strongly dislike how this mount is being dealt with. These item should be something we can earn, and not be unobtainable to all but a select few. Contests like this will only anger the community more, when yo could even be profiting off it and pleasing them instead. Hold an event where we can earn it by grinding a certain thing, or complete a quest line. This is not building hype or anything positive.

I personally think it's a nice looking mount, and would like it in my collection...though it is just a mount in a game that is being made into something the community is now going to be upset over. A proper contest where we can all have a chance of winning through effort, and not just 5 randoms get the rarest mount in game. People here have mentioned the issues with this form of giveaway. And these promo mounts are a garbage idea as a whole. Give a month free sub, or credit packs to drew in twitch viewers.

Should be a proper event for such an item, and this system is very disappointing to those who like to collect.
    I completely agree with this. It feels like an absolute waste of potential that such a desirable mount, something people have been waiting for for over a year, is going to just be dumped on a few random players for the simple reason of playing. Trove has a serious problem with not having enough desirable end-game rewards, and this could have been a great answer to that. What this event does is simply give the mount artificial rarity; it's not rare because it's hard to get, but rather because they're only giving it to a specific number of people.
    Why couldn't this mount be some end-game related mega-reward? Perhaps getting a purple name for so many weeks in a row gets you the mount, or flawless shadow tower runs. Just... anything that would make the mount feel special, a proper reward. I personally don't feel inclined at all to play the game just for a chance at Yabaki, because it no longer feels important. It's just another inefficient-to-use mount that any old player can get their hands on.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDj View Post
    I completely agree with this. It feels like an absolute waste of potential that such a desirable mount, something people have been waiting for for over a year, is going to just be dumped on a few random players for the simple reason of playing. Trove has a serious problem with not having enough desirable end-game rewards, and this could have been a great answer to that. What this event does is simply give the mount artificial rarity; it's not rare because it's hard to get, but rather because they're only giving it to a specific number of people.
    Why couldn't this mount be some end-game related mega-reward? Perhaps getting a purple name for so many weeks in a row gets you the mount, or flawless shadow tower runs. Just... anything that would make the mount feel special, a proper reward. I personally don't feel inclined at all to play the game just for a chance at Yabaki, because it no longer feels important. It's just another inefficient-to-use mount that any old player can get their hands on.
    I would've even preferred a questline much like the D'hevastation line for the Dev Dream pack. But this travesty yeah. Not entirely worth it AT ALL. I kinda wish @Fasti would explain the logic and reasoning behind this farce.

EDIT: Still waiting... >.>;

7.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterY View Post
    Weehee, of course I'm going to log in between 5am and 8am to get this mount !

Seriously though... This mount won't be mine I guess. Good luck to anyone that has a better timezone
    These time zones were picked as they are the periods of time when we generally have the most players. Some are aimed to hit peak times for EU and others for peak times in NA. They won't work for everyone, for sure, but we wanted to give as many players as possible the best possible chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    These time zones were picked as they are the periods of time when we generally have the most players. Some are aimed to hit peak times for EU and others for peak times in NA. They won't work for everyone, for sure, but we wanted to give as many players as possible the best possible chance.
    That still doesn't explain the logic behind the paltry amount, and the fact that since there are countless bots on at ALL times of the day, you're practically rewarding TOS-breaking behavior with one of the rarest mounts in the game. (If they are chosen) This is a travesty and you know it, it's why you threw other events at us, is it not? To try and placate us for this travesty of a "giveaway?"

+ Reply to Thread