Closed Thread
Page 1 of 111 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: UPDATE 6 - PC Downtime - WE'RE UP!

1.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #1
    Developers

UPDATE 6 - PC Downtime - WE'RE UP!

Please click here for the post regarding compensation for this extended downtime. Thanks!

Update 10 - 12:27 AM PDT - WE'RE UP!!! Some items, including Megaflux Tanks, have been temporarily made untradeable. Keep an eye on these Trove forums for details, updates, and reward information.
    COMPENSATION: This will definitely start going out at some point today (Friday). Our folks need a few hours of sleep first!
    HOTFIX NOTES:
    The following changes are all intended to be temporary while our customer service department continues to clean up:
    - Megaflux Tanks cannot be deconstructed.
    - Megaflux Tank recipes have been removed from the Adventurer's work bench.
    - Megaflux Tanks are currently not tradable and cannot be moved between club inventories and player inventories.
    - The above also applies to the old tradable versions of Chaos Chests, Golden Chaos Chests, and Greater Dragon Caches.
    - Megaflux Tanks, Golden Chaos Chests, Chaos Chests, and Greater Dragon Caches have been hidden in the Marketplace.
    "Temporarily Disabled" text has been added to the descriptions for the old tradable versions of Chaos Chests, Golden Chaos Chests, and Greater Dragon Caches. These items cannot be opened currently. Please note this warning will also appear on the non-tradable versions of these items, but they are still useable.

Update 9 - 12:05 AM PDT - Righto, we have a whole lot of folk in office still. We all agree that a rollback is the last thing anyone wants right now. This means that our CS agents are working hard to clear out the worst offenders of the issue manually - this takes time. Thank you for bearing with us as we mop up the mess. Next update when I have it!
    Brasse

Update 8 - 11:07 PM PDT - The new build passed QA review, so we are one step closer. We agree that this was a rotten and awful event, but unfortunately not something that we could have predicted or tested for.
    I am watching all internal channels for more information as we close in on resolution.
    We'll see this put right and then will assess compensation after we sweep up the mess. And get some sleep. =)
    Brasse

Update 7 - 9:55 PM PDT - Brasse here. We have a build in with QA now and it is undergoing review. Hang in there, folks! Will update again as soon as we have news.

Update 6 - 6:30 PM PDT (1:30 AM UTC) - Hey again, everyone. We're not announcing an ETA for coming back online yet but we've made huge progress and are working on several things at the moment. The hope is to be able to come back online tonight, but we'll know more in the coming hours. - Fasti

Yep, today has been rough, yes, there absolutely will be compensation. Yes, we'd love to see you at the livestream tomorrow as well. There will be way more giveaways than one might imagine, even with Twitch Drops in place.

Update 5 - 1PM PDT (8PM UTC) - We're still going through and working on the clean up. Still no estimate for when we'll be back online. Once everything is resolved we'll discuss compensation for the extended downtime. - Fasti

Update 4 - 9AM PDT (4PM UTC) - Just another update to let everyone know that we appreciate their feedback on the concept of server rollbacks, but we will not be doing this for this issue.

We will be permanently banning the very small number of players at the core of this exploit and the Customer Service team is currently going through to clean up the ill gotten gains. For 99.999% of Trove players the only direct impact you'll experience is how long we're offline.

We hate being offline more than anything, but we will remain offline until we're confident that we've taken all available measures to clean up the damage done by this small group of people. - Fasti

Update 3 - 7:30 AM PDT (2:30 PM UTC) - Hey all. The support team will continue to work on addressing this issue while we're offline and we'll have a more substantial update up ahead. For now please be patient with us. No one wants to bring the game online more than us but we need to get this issue resolved first. Thank you! - Fasti

Update 2: Trove for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are now back online. There will still be the regularly scheduled downtime later in the morning, which will deploy a separate fix.

For our PC players, the game will not be up for some time: we anticipate tomorrow afternoon, Pacific time. The issue had enough impact on the economy that we want to correct it, and the clean up process for it is a manual one. The good news is that this process will prevent the need for any rollbacks. Instead, we have banned the perpetrators behind the manipulation of the economy through exploitation, and will be removing items from players who received them unwittingly.

We will return with another update in the morning with a more solidified time for bringing the PC servers back online. Thank you, again, for your patience as we take the steps to preserve the integrity of Trove's economy, a time-consuming but worthy cause.

PS: Yes, we will be working out how to compensate players for this extended and unexpected downtime. However, all focus is on getting the economy cleaned up, so the details will be worked out after it has been completed. Rest assured that Fasti will inform you of the specifics as as soon as he is able!

Morgana

Update 1: 11:30 PM PDT / 6:30 AM UTC - At this time, we are currently preparing a fix that will resolve the issue that caused us to bring the servers offline. For consoles, we anticipate for this fix to take about an hour from now. For PC, we do not yet have an ETA for when the servers will be back online. Thanks for your patience, and I'll be back to post when the consoles are back online.

Hey folks,

Due to an previously unknown issue, we are bringing the Trove servers offline across all platforms to investigate. As soon as we have an update for you, we'll be back with more info, but at this time, there is no ETA for when they'll be back online.

Thanks,

Morgana

Will I get banned for buying a few dragon eggs for 1 flux each?

#norollback Kapp

#Kappa Copypasta

I'm Not Going To Lie When I Say I'm A Wee Bit Angry. But Stuff Happens. Especially something big of someone duping flux. My Room Would Be Brown. Buttttttttt
    You have to give the players like myself and my friends some sort of compensation for us farming all day on the game. (Not Just Saying Me and My Friends Saying everyone that lost stuff)
    P.S R.I.P Dragon Day

Zachattack0

Hoping for a big fat compensation if the day is rolled back from scratch....

I'd would be a shame if a rollback happens, for legit players like me, I did some gems farming (fire/air) 100 boxes each and unlocked my second primordial dragon (did collection challenges, missed like 13+ dragon coins to reach 400) and outpost quests by leveling up my Boomranger to level 29, well... if it happens, I'd need to redo what I've did this Wednesday
    Trove player since Sep 2015. Yes I came on Trove at this end of year, it had no gems before! Joined forums this 2018! Warning, some grammar mistakes can occur, I am French <3

The Vanguardian class rocks! [Black Lodge Member]

IGN: _Ethernet || /joinworld Etherion Temple

Exclamation compensation if the day is rolled back

Quote Originally Posted by oMendigoPadeiro View Post
    Hoping for a big fat compensation if the day is rolled back from scratch....
    compensation if the day is rolled back

AGREE

Quote Originally Posted by uddalaka View Post
    compensation if the day is rolled back

AGREE

I mean, compensate us even if not returning from scratch, big mess all around...

Closed Thread