Closed Thread
Page 17 of 111 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: UPDATE 6 - PC Downtime - WE'RE UP!

Quote Originally Posted by tpizzles View Post
    Data processing is a very common job that people with less education than these devs do daily. I feel sorry for the devs having to do this though, I know how boring and mind-rending data processing is.
    Would you like to walk me through the steps on this then? Since any monkey can do it? Lol Regardless of the downtime, manually doesn’t equal sufficiently.

this is totally 100% impossible to fix manually

imagine im a player who sold a bunch of random items on the market place for millions of flux.

say i sold 5185 wood, 2800 mushrooms, 10 tradeable chaos chests, 716 bones, 142 meteorite, and a bunch of mounts. Then I used my flux to buy someone elses dragon souls, mounts, allies. I used all of these.

Trion has to go through and manually remove EACH item I unlocked, remove any flux I have left over, and give me back the exact items I sold on the market? Not to mention remove these items from the people who purchased my items and return their original flux. But how much flux to return? How much would these items have gone for if they didn't sell for millions? You'll have to figure out how much flux this guy had before looting community chests, buying flux tanks for 1 flux, selling his gear for flux, etc.

This is near impossible to figure out, let alone fix.

They have to do this for thousands and thousands of people. They basically have to go into each file from yesterday, compare it with today. How do they know who unlocked stuff legitimately? How much flux do they return to people who sold stuff legitimately? How would they even know what was sold? They would have to go through logs to see what was sold and assume what market value is.

There is no way this is being fixed manually. They can't roll back because they don't know how / didn't make backups.

They have absolutely no recourse. This isn't just about "removing the extra flux"

This is about everything, items unlocked, items sold, items gave away. EVERYTHING. Rip in peace trove lol

Quote Originally Posted by See View Post

They have absolutely no recourse. This isn't just about "removing the extra flux"

This is about everything, items unlocked, items sold, items gave away. EVERYTHING. Rip in peace trove lol
    Well put. I donít understand how everyone can be so calm on the idea of a manual recall of the dup flux. Itís not that simple.

Maybe they can rollback player by player, so it only affects those who got involved in this, technically this isn't a real rollback as its only for those players affected.
    If they do that I guess that would be fun, those not involved lose nothing, those who are lose their progress for 48 hours which is at the same time punishment for getting involved with this

Quote Originally Posted by Tismij View Post
    Maybe they can rollback player by player, so it only affects those who got involved in this, technically this isn't a real rollback as its only for those players affected.
    If they do that I guess that would be fun, those not involved lose nothing, those who are lose their progress for 48 hours which is at the same time punishment for getting involved with this

I had 18 items up for sale during this, I wasn't online. Some of my stuff I price really high because there are none on market Do I get rolled back or keep the items that were sold? What if they were sold legitimately? How would you know?

6.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #166
    Senior Community Manager
    Hey folks,

I know that having Trove offline this long is frustrating which can lead to a variety of concerns. Please hang in there. We'll have more answers for everyone a bit later once Customer Service has been able to thoroughly investigate.

Thanks very much

btw you may not want to use the term emergency in announcements some console players are really worried right now : )

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Hey folks,

I know that having Trove offline this long is frustrating which can lead to a variety of concerns. Please hang in there. We'll have more answers for everyone a bit later once Customer Service has been able to thoroughly investigate.

Thanks very much
    I think I can speak for a vast majority when I say we appreciate you guys taking this time to ensure a thorough search IS done.

Question about the "Manual Fix" for Trove duplication bug

Are the people that used flux to buy mounts/allies/ships/sails/pinatas/crystal pinatas/leveled up geode skills going to have these things taken away from them? Or are you just removing the "extra flux"?

Stuff that was sold on the market, how are you going to figure out what prices stuff go for legitimately? Imagine I sold a mount for 50k and I am a new player. Do I get my mount back? If so, how much flux would you return to the player that bought it? Surely not 50k.

How are you going to determine what flux purchases on the market were legitimate and which were not? Surely you don't have marketplace log data and can determine an average of each item that was sold.

I'm sure the Trove community would like transparency on these issues. I personally don't see how a manual fix is possible. It's not just about removing the extra flux. It's about everything. Items unlocked, levels gained, marketplace transactions completed- sold and bought.

Decided to repost here since my thread was locked: http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...uplication-bug

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Hey folks,

Thanks very much
    What will you do about the people that got ganda unlocks for free? Dragons? Huge mastery progression?
    I spent a very large amount of $$ to get near the top and they got everything for free. How can you even reverse all these things without a rollback?

Closed Thread