Closed Thread
Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: UPDATE 6 - PC Downtime - WE'RE UP!

Quote Originally Posted by iFantomeN View Post
    Cant believe there wont be a rollback actually and I'm honestly upset about it. SO many people had "fun" goofing around with everything and spent all their flux on ToW's and such expecting a rollback which would make sense and probably would be easier/faster for the devs aswell. It's something we've come to expect with unfortunate things like this! Instead you choose the longer and more technical route? Do you really have the tools to go through all the individual players being online, knowing who abused what, not missing players having made millions? Tracking the insane amount of flux/items traveling between players and chests/trading-posts? What is the reasoning behind NOT doing a rollback? I lost not only a large amount of Flux, but also a lot of items/resources thinking there would be a rollback, and I'm sure hundreds of others did the same. Did you take this into consideration?

I'm sorry but I cant just accept this. This will cause more mess than doing what most people expected and hoped for.
    Please reconsider a rollback instead. No rollback of my account would affect both me, my stream and our community in more ways then one.
    I also bought resources at a very high price and sold the costumes, being sure that there would be a pullback and did it for the sake of joking - so that people looked at the costumes. In the club, many players bought ToW and opened them thinking that there would be a pullback. As developers solve the problems of all people who got into this situation.

As mentioned by others, it doesn't make sense not to do an entire rollback. It is almost impossible to genuinely catch everyone involved for how long this went on for, which is still not clear.

Players were quite literally laundering the flux between accounts, investing it into the market, buying mastery, Trove of Wonders and anything else you could possibly imagine. No matter how good your logs are or how confident you may seem, manually going over this leaves the potential risk of human error.

Things can be missed simply by oversight, especially for how many are involved even just indirectly. You could be involved without even logging in just through what was bought on the marketplace.

Glad they don't rollback, spend lots of hours farming yesterday time is precious.
    Slept through all this crazy ****, can't they just rollback only players involved in some way with this bug-abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Comply View Post
    As mentioned by others, it doesn't make sense not to do an entire rollback. It is almost impossible to genuinely catch everyone involved for how long this went on for, which is still not clear. Players were quite literally laundering the flux between accounts, investing it into the market, buying mastery, Trove of Wonders and anything else you could possibly imagine. No matter how good your logs are or how confident you may seem, manually going over this leaves the potential risk of human error.
    Rollback -> 8 people would cry they'd have to do stuff again, 17 people are gonna cry their bought packs are gone now, 32 people are gonna cry their 25m credit pouches are gone.
    Though even "random dev on laez dc" said this game isn't really a "quality game" exact response: "not really".
    Just roll **** back trion...

Quote Originally Posted by Burn1ngR4g3 View Post
    you don't get this, people bought items, got mastery etc.
    They can't you ignore this, I coult just buy all geode costumes etc so I'd max my mastery rank.
    Thats a hard issuse for devs. They said it won't going rollback whole game hinted they may have some way to trace the duper fluxs flowing,
    Then they'll fix perpetrators's data be corrected or just banned, as its need to do by manual so it'll take alot of time.
    And the time is depend on how many players got the duper fluxs. If alot, I think they'll make a hotfix to get the server back online first and ban all perpetrators to fix it 1 by 1 later.

so how long we thinking

I think that is fine to don't have a roll back, if you just sold or bought items for irrational amounts of flux -knowing obviously that it was not a normal situation-, its your own fault. At the end, the problem was not only caused by the person(s) that initiate the exploitation but also the ones that knowing they shouldn't buy or sell things, did it. But well, devs can always change their solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikitablam View Post
    I think that is fine to don't have a roll back, if you just sold or bought items for irrational amounts of flux -knowing obviously that it was not a normal situation-, its your own fault. At the end, the problem was not only caused by the person(s) that initiate the exploitation but also the ones that knowing they shouldn't buy or sell things, did it. But well, devs can always change their solutions.
    You do know that the marketplace will still be ****ed up after the flux is removed from the players right?
    All items will still be 25m each, people won't have these items anymore, as noobs bought and used them.

Time spent versus losing the integrity of the game....

I totally slept through all this drama, only to wake up planning to farm the last 6 hours of gems,,, and find the server down. I spent 8 hours already farming red dust today..... I would hate to lose those hours, and the rest of gem day hours, but I have to say,,, if the the economy got broke, then the GAME is broke, unplayable. As much as I hate saying it, lets be as patient as we can, while they fix it.

I like this game, and most of the people in it... We will all possibly lose our work and efforts for one day, but, we will lose everything, if the economy is broken...

I am frustrated too,,, but I guess I want to say, Hang in there, let the Devs work. Rushed coding can make matters worse, as anyone who codes can tell you.

I hope to see you all in game soon.

Enchante.

P.S. I hope someone tells me what the heck actually happened while I was away, visiting real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikitablam View Post
    I took part in selling of items. I didn't know if it will work at the start, then I continued doing it (though made nowhere near the amount others did) with the knowledge that it's very likely to be reserved. It is NOT our fault. Listing an item is not an offence. There are 2 people at fault, the one's who exploited this, and Trion for allowing this to happen and not testing enough. I would like to know how the exploit did happen, but unfortunately even though they've presumably prevented it, we can't talk about it out of interest :c. But yeah, really odd choice to blame out of anyone, the one's least responsible.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast