Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dev Question Thread - August 10, 2018

My question

Can we have Weekly Community Challenges?

Why i think we need Weekly Community Challenges

I find great that the community is working together to achieve a common goal, from my experience i find Plants vs Zombies Community Challenges to be a good example

What needs to be taken into account before doing Weekly Community Challenges

-Statistics
    Recompile information before launching a contest

Lets say that you want to convert a Weekly contest of mining infinium into a Community Challenge for next week, you should add up all last week mined Infinium and then increase the Infinium needed to complete the Community Challenge by a moderate amount

Instead of just saying, lets kill DOTM 1mill of times this week cause why not

-Tiers of rewards
    Usually 3 or 5 should be fine

Rewards should be helpful for the players and should increase the quality according to the tier

-Do not add tedious or Day-Ligated stuff
    Contest should be something we can do all week

For example
    -Fishing It takes time, people usually don't like it and can be effectively grind just 1 day

Helping cave critters, killing shadow tower bosses, elite bosses, getting gem boxes and stuff like that is fine

2.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #32
    Senior Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by x CYB3RC1D3 x View Post
    Has anyone from the team looked into the fact that the Everdark bosses in the Shadow Tower do not drop loot? This has been an issue ever since they were put into the towers and it makes the already incredibly difficult Starfire dragon that much harder to farm for.
    Hey there, can you explain this for me in detail? Everdark and Shadow Towers are very different things so I just want to make sure I can get you an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Hey there, can you explain this for me in detail? Everdark and Shadow Towers are very different things so I just want to make sure I can get you an answer.
    Back in the Eclipse Update (could be wrong on the exact update) the enemies that were previously exclusive to the Everdark Colosseum (Shadow Boot, Darknik Warbot, Shadow Nautilus, and Shadow Observer) were added to Shadow Tower floors as Elite mobs (again assuming they are counted as elilte because they have the individual powers that elite mobs have).

The problem I and many others have noticed is that since these enemies were taken straight from the Everdark, their loot tables are the same as in the Everdark. This means that they don't drop anything which includes no Starfire Fragments or Shadow Shards. One thing I have noticed is that sometimes there are even larger versions of these enemies (Elite Elite mobs maybe) that do drop Shadow Shards but I'm not sure about Starfire Fragments since I've only ever gotten 1 since they were added back in November (that was before the change in the Geode update).

I apologize for the wall of text. I just wanted to be as clear as possible so that everyone understands and something can be done if need be. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    He is saying by that, Boss mobs spawning from everdark cursed skull don't drop any items in ST

You can casually encounter Everdark-like world boss in ST, they never, never drop any kind of items.

What were the unwritten patch notes in relation to Geode?

Zepprays were adjusted, Barriers MS buff is no longer stackable, standing by Pell in the starting cave no longer stops the GAS from degenerating. What else are we going to come across?

Will you ever add emblem to water biome in club world now we cant see what water biomes are restricted to and its even more of pain to see when you got like 50 water biomes at same place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    What were the unwritten patch notes in relation to Geode?

Zepprays were adjusted, Barriers MS buff is no longer stackable, standing by Pell in the starting cave no longer stops the GAS from degenerating. What else are we going to come across?
    Barriers MS stackable was a bug.

1. any info on the inactive account name wipe? i have a rename tag waiting in my chest since february/march, whenever the wipe was first announced

2. any chance the buildmaster bull that was added in geode could be changed a bit? so it leaves blocks underneath it and not behind it and maybe, and this is probably wishful thinking, to be restricted to a single layer (z coordinate) until you either jump or dismount? this would help in not leaving so many holes behind since you could just go over the layer you placed and filled those in, without starting a new layer. hopefully this one makes sense

3. since you are adamant about wanting us to interact with the clubworld for adventures, how about this? a new fixture slot, and a fixture that "upgrades" some of the better npcs (gem box trio, st, cc, pvp) when you place it, at lvl 1/2/3 changing the adventures they give to the x2/x5/x10 version of them, with x2/x5/x10 the rewards ofc. that way we get what we want, kinda, in less time spent in loading screens, and we must still interact with the fixtures and even build a new one. alternative to this would be to upgrade the spawn points for the npc separately, and any npc that would spawn on it would have its adventures increased, but that would require to also make new adventures for all the existing npcs, not just the select few.

4. will we ever get any more block colors? no, not asking about new block type, just new colors. thats a big difference.
    IGN: FluffyNoibat

Main: Fae <3

Ok, this one thing that needs to be ask. why is there not a mailbox/ some mail system for the game? many times I want to get hold of my mates but I keep missing them online and there 0 way get hold of them and a lot of them do not even check there msg on the forms or even use the forms. with time zones it hard to catch up with people I know the only way I in pass got hold of some is to leave sign blocks and hope they see them in the club but most the time they do not. it also helps with people that have mates that the only know on trove and no were else . you could leave a mail for someone to work out a time to play together and to stop people spamming other likes stream/youtube only people you have as a friend can send you a mail. It saves a ton of time people try to guess when to be online to catch some 1 if the could just send them a msg when the offline to get back to them.

Any possibility of a dragon fragment sink?

Example/Ideas:
    1.) Add a new box you can craft to the chaos crafter or dragon crucible that uses any dragon frags and some other resources. The box will give players a chance of getting frags they don't have.
    Frags that already have boxes like voidwatcher wouldn't be in the box.

2.)Making mutated dragons which would be combining different dragon frags to make new dragon frags.

Closed Thread