+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Developer disdain to Club Quest question on Livestream

so here is my thoughts on how to improve the club quest and even some of the outpost quest.

so instead of having such a short simple quest like 5gem box or clear 3 neon dungeon. etc then having to teleport back and forth.
    or having to do kill 300mob quest or fish 5specific fishes. either one of it is just going to be a chore bore in the long run.
    simply people hate tedious process.

what i suggest is to have a chain quest from the npc.
    like some said abit of tweak/improve from the current and hopefully improve the constant need to tp in and out of club.

what is chain quest? simply having a 'longer' questline from the npcs. like the event questline we offen have.
    example: would be farming gem box npc. it would start out with get 5gem box and after clearing it . it would simply have a follow up quest lets say farm 10 more gem box so on and so forth. but at the same time balance it out with not too long / hard tedious quest. maybe make it 3parts long basically farming 5-10-15 or 5-10-25.devs go balance the numbers out.
    this also could clear the random quest some npc have thus compiling all the quest together into a questline. like example : 100-200-300mobs kill. though nobody really like doing that quest. (also a reason why players says the devs never really play their game)

with this players dont need to go back so offen and the quest wont be so tedious either.

honestly we all know whats the problem with most of the issues in game.

editn the side note mob kill quest seriously 100mob for 10adventure pff thats like asking you to work for the day and get 1hour worth of pay and it gets worst with 200-300mob kill especially with certain biomes with the dungeons available. its also the reason why perviously we had the pirrot mob farm fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by phagy View Post
    so here is my thoughts on how to improve the club quest and even some of the outpost quest.

so instead of having such a short simple quest like 5gem box or clear 3 neon dungeon. etc then having to teleport back and forth.
    or having to do kill 300mob quest or fish 5specific fishes. either one of it is just going to be a chore bore in the long run.
    simply people hate tedious process.

what i suggest is to have a chain quest from the npc.
    like some said abit of tweak/improve from the current and hopefully improve the constant need to tp in and out of club.

what is chain quest? simply having a 'longer' questline from the npcs. like the event questline we offen have.
    example: would be farming gem box npc. it would start out with get 5gem box and after clearing it . it would simply have a follow up quest lets say farm 10 more gem box so on and so forth. but at the same time balance it out with not too long / hard tedious quest. maybe make it 3parts long basically farming 5-10-15 or 5-10-25.devs go balance the numbers out.
    this also could clear the random quest some npc have thus compiling all the quest together into a questline. like example : 100-200-300mobs kill. though nobody really like doing that quest. (also a reason why players says the devs never really play their game)

with this players dont need to go back so offen and the quest wont be so tedious either.

honestly we all know whats the problem with most of the issues in game.

editn the side note mob kill quest seriously 100mob for 10adventure pff thats like asking you to work for the day and get 1hour worth of pay and it gets worst with 200-300mob kill especially with certain biomes with the dungeons available. its also the reason why perviously we had the pirrot mob farm fixed.
    They literally did this in the event where we had to help with the Geode ship, so that's probably the fix most likely to get added. I'll try asking about this on the next dev question thread if no one else asks first.

https://clips.twitch.tv/WildInexpensiveChickenTheThing

Them answering the question. 43:33

For now on. Whenever someone is complaining about a broken game mechanic that the devs refuse to fix.

Respond to them saying

>>>> N E G A T I V E<<<<
    Let this be a meme now...

Yeah that response was pretty crass.

It's clear they have zero regard for players frustrations on this issue.

There's a pretty steady influx of new players (personal observation) to keep the game going, but retention of long time players is suffering as they continue to throw roadblocks up to slow us down.

I still play, but will no longer support the game financially and when enough of us stop spending they will start to listen or the game will fold.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJackySparra View Post
    Stop the silly RNG reliance.
    I'm pretty sure they intended RNG to be in the game, and while I'm totally fine with that, the fact that the devs aren't acknowledging how players are starting to call it "Rigged Number Generation" instead of "Random Number Generation" tells me that the devs wanted to make the game have a tiny bit of a gamble, yet made it a huge gamble. And the fact that after the early-game non-RNG factor of the game is gone, it's pretty much just luck from there.

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrovianGrimReaper View Post
    I'm pretty sure they intended RNG to be in the game, and while I'm totally fine with that, the fact that the devs aren't acknowledging how players are starting to call it "Rigged Number Generation" instead of "Random Number Generation" tells me that the devs wanted to make the game have a tiny bit of a gamble, yet made it a huge gamble. And the fact that after the early-game non-RNG factor of the game is gone, it's pretty much just luck from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrovianGrimReaperl805678
    ... players are starting to call it "Rigged Number Generation"
    People are starting to call RNG 'Rigged Number Generation'? Do people not know that RNG in Trove has always meant Rigged Number Generation?
    ##############
    #PSN: Benji_Yokai#
    ##############
    It's pronounced yoh-KAI, not yoh-ki (a common misconception)

Lol the reason they don't add this feature is because the coders/developers don't know how to code it. After four years they finally just fixed it in the upcoming patch that your name is above everyone else's on the map. They just figured out how to do that after four years. They say they don't "have the tech in place" but since they develop the game... Couldn't they just add the tech if they wanted? Lol. The "tech" they are referring to is "someone who knows how to add this feature"

Apparently blue haired independent wymxn don't make the best coders lol

Quote Originally Posted by See View Post
    Lol the reason they don't add this feature is because the coders/developers don't know how to code it. After four years they finally just fixed it in the upcoming patch that your name is above everyone else's on the map. They just figured out how to do that after four years. They say they don't "have the tech in place" but since they develop the game... Couldn't they just add the tech if they wanted? Lol. The "tech" they are referring to is "someone who knows how to add this feature"

Apparently blue haired independent wymxn don't make the best coders lol
    Actually the arrow being covered by other icons was broken in the heroes update (might've been adventures), which I made a post about while it was still in testing, but only had like 2 people support it (1 which was you) so they probably thought it was nothing.

I'm pretty sure they know how to code it since the Club ID and quest ID is available to the game at the point a club adventure is finished, and they could just take that and create a quick button somewhere that would just restart the same quest. That button would require the client checking to see if the NPC is still available, which is also something the client knows since it shows it in the club UI. However, their response has been more along the lines of "we want you to go into the club world each time". This would be the main thing that is stopping that from becoming a reality. As for the reason for that, I could see 1 big potential reason for wanting us to go into the club world each time: harder to automate. Which is a very valid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by iAndy View Post
    harder to automate. Which is a very valid reason.
    Honestly the way the engine works right now, its probably actually easier to automate and the more tedious it is, more people are going to automate it than playing it legitimately. I mean, look at the old Pirrot farms and how people would teleport to someone who had a skull open, or the currently enclosed Amperium Raid towers. It may be slowing down automation, but I doubt very much that its preventing it. An muti-boxer could probably easily script something to go back and forth from a central account.

The Dev answer has me wondering though... Why do they want the worlds visited so often so badly? Do they need clubs to have a certain amount of activity or Trion Worlds will shut them down or decrease their server size? I bet the builder community would go bananas if un-visited clubs started disappearing because they werent visited enough times in a certain time period. Thats just speculation though, don't think about it too hard. Just, if our adventure cap is around 200 per person in a club, and they have clubs ranging form 5 people to 600... Thats an awful lot of world switching if everyone was doing their max per day.
    Knight : 22/7.6 Guns : 18/5.9 Fae : 30/8.9 Draco : 30/10.8 Neon : 20/7.9 Barb : 20/6.8 Sage : 19/6.6 Hunt : 30/8.6 Pirate : 30/12.4 Boom : 30/15.2 Tomb : 30/13.8 Lunar : 17/6.9 Rev :17/6.6 Chloro : 30/18.5 Dino : 17/7.2 Vang : 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by Mandros View Post
    Yeah that response was pretty crass.

It's clear they have zero regard for players frustrations on this issue.

There's a pretty steady influx of new players (personal observation) to keep the game going, but retention of long time players is suffering as they continue to throw roadblocks up to slow us down.

I still play, but will no longer support the game financially and when enough of us stop spending they will start to listen or the game will fold.
    Seems like they believe the player base needs them and not the other way around.
    That answer, "I'm tired of answering this every week"... So I'll just ignore like always that's it, enjoy.

+ Reply to Thread