+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion for extra dragon egg fragments.

Suggestion for extra dragon egg fragments.

Add a vendor that sells dragon coins for egg frags or make dragon coins craftable with egg frags.

I don't expect a 1:1 ratio (would be nice), but maybe 5 or 10 frags per DC

Thoughts?

This is a great idea, gives more purpose/usefulness to already unlocked dragons rather than the amazing 20 flux we get per nerfed frag. The only problem being, the Crystal Cloud dragon throws up a ton of frags for very little effort so balancing would be an issue.

I think it would be nice to even go to the Dragon crucible, and exchange 5/10 frags into 1 DC, like going to the shadowy market to trade up the souls. Either way, it would be nice, passive bonus DC's to compensate the quite often obscene amount of rampages we can get. Something like Starfire as a 2 frag for 1 DC ratio, up to the cloud dragon up to like 25:1.
    Starfire won't be farmable for rapid coins, and if you seriously want to farm clouds for DC, then power to you. Worth exploring, as I'm coming to resent any frags that do drop due to the medicore flux return now.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJackySparra View Post
    This is a great idea, gives more purpose/usefulness to already unlocked dragons rather than the amazing 20 flux we get per nerfed frag. The only problem being, the Crystal Cloud dragon throws up a ton of frags for very little effort so balancing would be an issue.

I think it would be nice to even go to the Dragon crucible, and exchange 5/10 frags into 1 DC, like going to the shadowy market to trade up the souls. Either way, it would be nice, passive bonus DC's to compensate the quite often obscene amount of rampages we can get. Something like Starfire as a 2 frag for 1 DC ratio, up to the cloud dragon up to like 25:1.
    Starfire won't be farmable for rapid coins, and if you seriously want to farm clouds for DC, then power to you. Worth exploring, as I'm coming to resent any frags that do drop due to the medicore flux return now.
    During last weeks live stream they mentioned increasing the flux we get for looting the dragon fragments. Not sure when this will happen or how much flux they will give.

It'd be nice if I could trade DDE frags this way. Since I'm not one of those players trying to grind for the over 25k mark with consistent gem hunting/rerolls, I'm not crafting the alternative items for gem re-rolls and I have nothing else to do with them. I'm sure the newer players would like an alternative method do getting Dragon Coins too, since older players got about half the dragons list when the coins were tradable. 5-6 a day when you cant play all day every day is disheartening to people just coming in and wanting to join the cool kids play, especially with the dramatically increasing amounts of dragons being added every update.

I was toying with some math the other day and figure you can get about 300 dragon coins in 2 weeks if you do basically nothing else every single day if all your dragon caches from T4 successes in hourly challenges + the two dragon coin tomes + using all your cubits on the 5 coin turn in with the shop. With bad luck its closer to a month.

Generally I've spent every day since summer vacation started telling new players that one dragon is a long term goal, and all dragons could take years to complete. On a base level, I believe having long term goals is good, but due to the fact that dragons add substantial permanent stats to a players account and this power creep is increasing every other month or so, it feels like the newer folks deserve an alternative 'catch up' method.

A 10 to 1 or 5 to one trade in ratio feels like it'd be a good exchange rate, allowing the player to pick if they want to loot collect for flux, or trade with a vendor for dragon coins.
    Knight : 22/7.6 Guns : 18/5.9 Fae : 30/8.9 Draco : 30/10.8 Neon : 20/7.9 Barb : 20/6.8 Sage : 19/6.6 Hunt : 30/8.6 Pirate : 30/12.4 Boom : 30/15.2 Tomb : 30/13.8 Lunar : 17/6.9 Rev :17/6.6 Chloro : 30/18.5 Dino : 17/7.2 Vang : 0/0

Something else I would REALLY like is to somehow trade dragon fragments for OTHER dragon fragments with flux and some sort of resource. Like trade 5 bubble frags 5k flux and 100 meteorite for 5 preserver. Something like that.

+ Reply to Thread