+ Reply to Thread

Thread: QOL update – Geode – Barrier

QOL update – Geode – Barrier

Sorry my eyes are sore from pouring through all the post asking for the barrier to be nerfed please bare with me.

1.) QOL update is set to nerf the geode barrier I have been told, this info is somewhere I’m sure, but I can’t find it in the 5 minutes I’ve been looking on the forums.

2.) If this is going to happen, I want an option to rest my geode tools as I went full barrier after feedback from people. I may want to level up another in place of the barrier, this is not a bad request as people put money and time in to the game as it was presented.

3.) At no point was there a clear warning to people at least on the ps4 that something is going to change mid geode update that will change drastically the meta faming. Untill last night I did not know the barrier was not working as intended. Neither did creepers… but sometimes you keep your mistakes as they turn out to be something the people like.

4.) If this is going to happen I also want to be able to get back the companions I loot collected as I only kept the one best for barrier. I would have kept another if pathfinder was the best option as an example.

5.) This is not a glitch people abused or a took advantage of, it’s a mechanic that drastically effects the fun factor of geode and should be left as is with 0 changes being made. Why go in and mess with something people are liking.

In closing, QOL update should bring what the people want not what the devs think the people want.
    Please speak up guys if you don’t want this changed.

@theuglyone
    @Demons of Valhalla
    @listen to the people

I agree with you 100% but they won’t do anything for players that invested in the barrier thinking it was working as intended. Apparently this was a “bug” and because it helped players they managed to fix it in record time while leaving all of the actual bugs that have been around forever.

Here’s the thread you were looking for: http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...Generator-nerf

It wasn't supposed to ba stackable.

And, I don't think that's how the games work. Developers can change anything anytime as they see fit and they have no obligation to make any compensations whatsoever (not to mention getting back the companions, like, why would you be entitled to ask for that?). No feature is "fixed" and can change anytime and we don't have to get anything as some kind of compensation. (And players will max out everything eventually anyway)

I don't like this change either and can only I can only hope that they will but the Barrier in some other way ―\_(ツ)_/―

Why should we get our materials back and given the option to put on another tool and a chance to get our companions back?
    Because its what makes sense and what is fair. This is not something we took advantage of. I,we did not know these were not working as intended.

We made choices based on how things worked, at any point they could have put a notice in game to warn players of a major change or to let us know they were not working right. No you have to find out from word of mouth, there are people right now upgrading the barrier thinking they are doing the right thing.

Why would we not be given the chance to start over and pick a more current path, we are gaining nothing but being able to pick a path we would have picked before.

There should be a option to loot collect your tools back for materials and a option to buy back all companions for a few weeks so we can make choices based on the changes being made.

never used it and iam already Level 91 or 92 . Pathfinder ( Rank 10 no Aggro gain so the Plants dont Attack ) + that Tool for finding Ores ( dont know English name) is better in my Opinion.

But it's not like the Barrier is completly useless, it's just less efficient, so what? You gained the mastery from it (and probably some rewards thanks to it) and you can now focus on other tools, as you are supposed to. There's no "path", you will have to, sooner or later, upgrade everything anyway, so what's the point?

Loot collecting makes no sense. What about the mastery and already claimed rewards? It could lead to abusing the system quite heavily. And the loot collecting works only for 24 hours as it should, its not like you cant store the rares (as if you had a whole backpack of them and there's only 8 of them) for the later use.

Suppose you could loot collect the tools:
    - The mastery doesnt change and you get the resources. So you can uprgade the other tools and still have the same mastery untill you will get 1lvl more than you had previously... or you could just loot collect everything and sell everything you have, free mastery points + you make ton of flux? That's not the point of the expansion at all.
    - Your mastery gets subtracted everytime you loot collect something. But then, what about the rewards? Will you lose the matamatter from Reliquaries you opened or lose the companion from silver egg? That's not how it works as well.

yeah dont understand it too later you have all level 10 so doesnt matter

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post

Sorry my eyes are sore from pouring through all the post asking for the barrier to be nerfed please bare with me.

1.) QOL update is set to nerf the geode barrier I have been told, this info is somewhere I’m sure, but I can’t find it in the 5 minutes I’ve been looking on the forums.

2.) If this is going to happen, I want an option to rest my geode tools as I went full barrier after feedback from people. I may want to level up another in place of the barrier, this is not a bad request as people put money and time in to the game as it was presented.

3.) At no point was there a clear warning to people at least on the ps4 that something is going to change mid geode update that will change drastically the meta faming. Untill last night I did not know the barrier was not working as intended. Neither did creepers… but sometimes you keep your mistakes as they turn out to be something the people like.

4.) If this is going to happen I also want to be able to get back the companions I loot collected as I only kept the one best for barrier. I would have kept another if pathfinder was the best option as an example.

5.) This is not a glitch people abused or a took advantage of, it’s a mechanic that drastically effects the fun factor of geode and should be left as is with 0 changes being made. Why go in and mess with something people are liking.

In closing, QOL update should bring what the people want not what the devs think the people want.
    Please speak up guys if you don’t want this changed.

@theuglyone
    @Demons of Valhalla
    @listen to the people
    2) Not worth it. For starters it would be problematic. They'd need to spend time allowing you to reset it (without breaking something...), then past that they have the issue of you receiving geode mastery from levelling up everything. Even with those 2 things, they'd make sure you get less resources than you put into it so it would just be a bad idea anyway.

3) Games change, particularly MMOs. Considering how much you favoured geode, you should be ok with this anyway.

4) Again games change, you chose to use them for crystals so there should be consequences to your decision. That being less choice in companions until you get another.

5) Well, it kind of was a glitch people abused and took advantage of... Although I would have preferred if they kept it in. It seems unnecessary, particularly when we have stats wasted on modules for stunning critters...

Its not working as intended sure, but its working great. I just want them to leave it as is.

Why not alow people a 1 time reset? Its not hard to do and its a public relation no brainer.

+ Reply to Thread