+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Livestream Notes 27/07/2018

Amazing as always Shiro <3
    Use this code if you are below 20 mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by INN3R_C4L4M1TY View Post
    I don't think the devs realized that you could have clubs with hundreds of people where you can count the number of people who contribute exp regularly on one hand. I mean, if we somehow manage to get a hardcore adventurine grinder in the club, they won't look twice at our NPCs! They'll just go do quests from some level 6 club that's long since exploited its way to victory!
    You know what? I'm going to say it. I think pirrot farming was good. You know why? Because it made farming club exp feel FUN. Do you remember fun? Think back. ALL the way back to when you were less than 100 hours into Trove. Remember that feeling of getting 100 credits from reaching a new mastery rank? Remember when you'd get a mount and look at its aesthetics rather than how much mastery it gives? Remember when grinding for hours and hours would be enough to get something big done, rather than getting you one tenth of one percent of the way to your goal...?

That feeling. Pirrot farming took a system designed to bore you and all your friends to death and gave it THAT. You know what's worse than getting to the end and having nothing left to do? Getting so bored that you give up on the system and want to go play something else. Actually, I feel like that last bit applies to all of Trove...

Why am I still playing this game? I mean, yes, I care about my club and the lower ranking people there are counting on me for advice and pin parties, but this isn't fun anymore. I enjoy working more than playing the game... Trove is less fun than my actual job...

. . .
    . . .
    . . .

I'm sorry for going off topic. That was unprofessional of me. Feel free to continue whatever the original conversation was while I seriously rethink 2,700 hours of life choices and figure out whether or not I really want to keep doing this every day...
    Fun isn't the word I'd use. The 300 kill and pirrot exploits enabled the mentality that you should reach the 220 cap because you can. It was repetitive. Of course I still think the overall design is terrible. My club world is stuck at 5 coz I can't be bothered doing terrible quests and there isn't even a low chance of getting decent NPCs. Then on the other side you have decent quests that give adventurine for 5 gem boxes, great for adventurine for little effort, but the necessity of going back to the club world so often is annoying. If a 3 star dungeon has 2 side mobs, you can end up going to the club world twice. Not only that, if you're just starting out then the act of going to the club world can mean that people end up beating the 3 star boss screwing you over. I've even had friends teleport to me and kill the boss and chest while I'm getting another quest. I've not seen an MMO where people actively hate company as much as trove.

The quest exploits just meant that the expansion was terrible for a shorter duration.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    Fun isn't the word I'd use. The 300 kill and pirrot exploits enabled the mentality that you should reach the 220 cap because you can. It was repetitive. Of course I still think the overall design is terrible. My club world is stuck at 5 coz I can't be bothered doing terrible quests and there isn't even a low chance of getting decent NPCs. Then on the other side you have decent quests that give adventurine for 5 gem boxes, great for adventurine for little effort, but the necessity of going back to the club world so often is annoying. If a 3 star dungeon has 2 side mobs, you can end up going to the club world twice. Not only that, if you're just starting out then the act of going to the club world can mean that people end up beating the 3 star boss screwing you over. I've even had friends teleport to me and kill the boss and chest while I'm getting another quest. I've not seen an MMO where people actively hate company as much as trove.

The quest exploits just meant that the expansion was terrible for a shorter duration.
    Sometimes, fun is simply the difference between getting to level 2 in two days and getting to level 2 in two months. Yes, it was repetitive, but it wasn't any less repetitive than the quests low level clubs get now. And you know what the difference was? You could do a little bit of work and it would instantly count. It wasn't like... 'Go to this biome and try to find 300 enemies to kill.' It was like... 'Got everything set up? Great. Kill like 30 enemies that'll appear right in the way of your guns and watch that club exp bar fill.'

A system can be terribly set up, tedious, and everything, but still count as fun if it's rewarding enough. Club quests are terribly set up, tedious, and unrewarding. One of those in a system is forgivable. Two makes it pretty bad, but depending on which two, there are people who'd try to work with it anyway. All three? That's a recipe for a system 0.5% of the community will even ATTEMPT to bother with.

Quote Originally Posted by INN3R_C4L4M1TY View Post
    Yeah, but do you really want players to have to interact with club worlds up to 220 times a day...?
    Ik. It's just annoying and it's just slow everyone to farm gem box or any other quests...
    If only if they could make the Club Quests Repeatable it would be amazing. It would also reduce the server load from the loading-unloading the world(s) all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Sepulcro View Post
    Us end game players really don't remember what it's like to be a newb... They are useless to us... but are SO useful to new or middle game players. We have to remember that the entire game doesn't revolve around our particular play style or situation.
    I think you're forgetting about how the value of their loot was then and how it is now.

Banned
    PR and Terra farms were the best team building thing that ever happened in trove. Speaking from a ps4 eyes view. My club hit level 11 in February, from September? till February we had teams running 24 hours a day. People who were responsible for training, holding quests, a reset quest team, cheerleader etc etc. We had a full unit of 50 people with roles and yes 1300 members all grinding thier hearts out. It was so much fun to work as a TEAM on a goal.
    Our club has 250k clubits atm and every fixture maxed.
    Sounds like im bragging, im not. Im proud my club worked so hard but my point is.
    We tried our best to help another club reach level 10 after the farms were changed, this club 6 months later just hit level 10, but they have minimum fixtures and just enough for rent.
    Its going take this club another 6 months to get enough clubits to be rent free and have max fixtures.
    1. The methods to get clubits is a solo thing mostly and boring, even if you do the new ST 2 people chaos glitch.
    2. players need to grind out what 200k adveturine for their items they need from the merchant as pr and mastery has such a big part of the solo game. Its not fair in my eyes to make people choice to be selfish or a team player when if you choose to be a team player these days your not getting these items for months and months.

I feel saying they cant come up with a new method for current clubs to grind it out as others did in the past is lazy and shows they want us all to be in the same clubs worlds as much as possible.
    There has to be a lag etc reason they want a limited amount of end game clubs, it keeps us all together using less server bandwidth is my guess. Ive seen some crazy clubs out there and not having to load them up by the 1000s each day must be helping the servers.

Thanx for your notes, Shirokiri!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokiri View Post
    Gleamstone sink? With the current Geode we have far too much Gleamstone. When and how can we expect a way that uses up our stacks of unused Gleamstone?
    We will look into it with U10

They didn't directly say it, but they mentioned something with new dragons with U10 after answering that question, which makes it reasonable to assume that there will be a Gleamstone Dragon.

8.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #18
    Senior Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by cerkaz View Post
    I feel like we will never see a all daily bonus activated week again...
    After we buffed the daily bonuses it made less sense to have them all running at the same time since that is some intensely powerful stuff. If it does return it will be for very specific events. The PC anniversary isn't really our biggest event. I haven't heard any talk of bringing it back yet, but I suspect if we did it would be around the holidays (this is in no way a promise).

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokiri View Post

Is it intended that players can have an orange name although they are far away from Geode's top ranking or when players did not even play on Geode at all?

Yes; Total mastery is just the amount of Trove Mastery you have plus the amount of Geode Mastery you have.* As more Geode Mastery is added, it will become harder to remain at the top of Total Mastery without obtaining Geode Mastery as well.
    How I expected this to worked would have looked like this:

Top 2000 Trove Mastery Rank = Yellow name
    Top 2000 Geode Mastery Rank = Blue name (though I expected it to be a bit darker and distinct)
    Top 2000 in Trove Mastery Rank AND Top 2000 in Geode Mastery Rank = Orange name

That would have put more weight on the orange name, as it would have required someone to be in the Top 2000 of both lists. Perhaps add a new color for those people who qualify for multiple colors? Yellow + Blue = Green

Green name = dev, so that particular color isn't an option.

+ Reply to Thread