+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Energy regen jump-block is the most unfair mechanic in this game

Angry Energy regen jump-block is the most unfair mechanic in this game

I just randomly decided to finally post this. We all know that whenever your character jumps, the energy regeneration is blocked until it hits the ground and then a second. You can't even make a single jump and if you just need to dodge something, well, tough luck. Unless you are Shadow Hunter, Boomeranger, Gunslinger or any other class that don't care about energy and laugh at your rooted teammates that can't do anything

My problem is mostly Chloromancer. This class heavily relies on energy. You need energy to deal any meaningful damage. You need jump to avoid damage. So you have to choose to jump and survive and be useless or not jump and die and be useless. Especially in Hydra fight, you can't get close because of acid and you can't attack from afar, because plants have limited range. Doubling my health slightly mitigated the problem, but I still can't survive consistently because of insane damage there. And when I jump, I can use only my primary attack. Falling on ground temporarily to restore energy isn't too effective either, especially since there's still a short delay whenever I fall.

Chloromancer isn't of course the only class affected, but it's affected the most. On the other hand, there are classes that either don't use energy at all or don't need energy to do damage. Shadow Hunter, Gunslinger, Boomeranger, Revenant, Dino Tamer, Fae Trickster, Vanguarian... That's almost half of them or more. So more than half classes are not affected by the energy regen block and can reach their full potential staying infinitely in air and avoid most of damage. The other classes, especially Chloromancer, can't do a single jump because, well, the game just forbids that.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNFAIR AND THE MECHANIC IS USELESS. I have no idea when it made any sense. In first stages of the game, we didn't have enough jump to exploit them. When the jump inflation started, unaffected classes started appearing, which made it more unbalanced. Not to mention, this is not needed in half of the dungeons, because you don't have enough space to jump. So please, just remove this thing from the game ;_;

Who agrees? I know that 70% people play unaffected classes and don't even see the problem, but you can too agree that it's unfair for the others, right?

I agree as a dracolyte in ultra hydra fight, though that is only situation where energy block is a problem for me. If ultra hydra did not fill melee range area with acid so quickly, it would not be an issue.

For u9 farming i dont see any problem , just use s5 ring with er death defying vial for no need to jump, zealous emblem, dragons that give er , maybe a er based ally , etc.
    This is just what comes to my mind right now , there is plenty of ways to get alot of er and to refill it , and anyways if you have a good chloro just evil eye emblem would probably 1 shot the boss if not double minon vial will do the trick, anyways no need for er or jump that kinda skips how the chloro plays out but hey its faster .
    For shadow towers i can see the struggle , chloro needs a rework , and im sure it will get one some day who knows maybe its the next one, we have no information about that right now.
    And as for the hydra fight , its not really a problem , if you want er and jump use zealous , if you want to stay in the ground use unyielding , thats it
    But if im not wrong those emblems got removed from the shop , probably will be on luxion or something anyways , but i see you play for a while so you probably already have them anyways.
    Thats just what i can think about as of right now , for now chloro really depends on your emblems, just wait for a rework , surely they will "fix" him somehow , or probably just increase the class damage, it really needs it , so many classes do the job faster and better.
    I hope i gave you enough examples that could make playing with chloro easier and more fun

Quote Originally Posted by AshaMarie View Post
    I agree as a dracolyte in ultra hydra fight, though that is only situation where energy block is a problem for me.
    That only shows how useless the block is. It only triggers in very specific situations and when it happens, it's no more than annoying bother. It's not reasonable in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkGuyLol View Post
    <some stuff>
    My Chloro has 24k Power Rank, I don't use Zealous ever since I got enough ER to spam pollinators infinitely. Well, I could maybe switch to it if there was a boss mechanic that needs it as a counter. But the regen block is just some unfair mechanic that gets in my way for no apparent reason. The Hydra is most prominent example, but it happens anywhere where there are e.g. traps or environmental hazards that just REQUIRE you to jump (often because dodge cooldown), but then you can't attack afterwards.

Of course it applies only to ST. My Chloro is strong enough to wreck enemies in normal U9 with just basic attack.

i dont understand why just because you cant tank damage you have problem with energy stop on jumping?
    for me its ******ed that when i jump energy stops refilling so im on ur side here
    but just because u cant tank something does not mean game should be changed so u can avoid it

if u have gems with just MD CD CH and you made out of your self glass cannon then whats your problem?

you either become tank or glass cannon or hybrid of both

so tell me if u go full MH on ur gems would you complain that you do no damage?
    because i dont understand why you complain that you cant jump which you need because you made yourself glass cannon

and in btw i play as BR and VG not mainly tanking but surviving on ultra st with 24k pr (while i die sometimes but most of the times i survive without a problem)
    so i believe problem is not in energy regeneration gimick but in your stats

but once again energy regeneration stoping when you jump is not smart idea it dont add challenge to game but makes it annoying

Quote Originally Posted by AshaMarie View Post
    I agree as a dracolyte in ultra hydra fight, though that is only situation where energy block is a problem for me. If ultra hydra did not fill melee range area with acid so quickly, it would not be an issue.
    Yup. I agree i play has Dracolyte. It's very annoying while against Hydrakken...

All ground class even CB are weak against Hydrakken because of the poison/acid... I can do more damage to DOTM before i die than Hydrakken, just, because of his poison/acid.

It's because you're not meant to cheese enemies from constantly jumping out of the way which is a valid concern. Though I will say that I don't think STs are well balanced. Others have mentioned going hybrid build, but it's not as useful as it should be when so many things just one shot you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroX4 View Post
    just because u cant tank something does not mean game should be changed so u can avoid it
    I think he might have just been using Hydra as one example to show how it can seriously impact gameplay.

I also have a higher-PR Chloromancer so I can sympathize with you KoBeWi, however, that may taint my perspective with bias. I've also experienced an array of situations where ER block is a huge thorn in my side. I too believe it's very frustrating and frankly an outdated mechanic in need of amending.

I don't think it should be totally removed as that would be too much, but possibly reducing ER while jumping could be enough. Reducing it by 50% seems fairer than denying further ability usage, allowing one to play in the air whilst exchanging DPS for survival.

IGN:
    Scrubthulu | Main: Chloromancer | T. Mastery: 450+ | Transmog: Higher Halo, Coping Optics

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    It's because you're not meant to cheese enemies from constantly jumping out of the way which is a valid concern.
    It was valid before half of the classes could literally ignore this handicap. As I said, it's totally unfair that only some of the classes are affected and since some classes don't even use energy at all, this outdated mechanic should just be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubthulu View Post
    I don't think it should be totally removed as that would be too much, but possibly reducing ER while jumping could be enough. Reducing it by 50% seems fairer than denying further ability usage, allowing one to play in the air whilst exchanging DPS for survival.
    As I just said, there's no possible rework, because it will never affect everyone. I see removing it as the only fair option. Change my mind™

Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    Change my mind™
    Haha.

When I think about it, there's two main ways to tackle this issue. Nerf every class that isn't negatively affected by staying in the air, or buff the classes that are. Obviously the latter is the sane choice, so all that's left is to find a way to rework it.

The devs put the mechanic in the game, which means they most likely *want* some kind of penalty for being airborne (contrary to the SH subclass). If removing ER completely after jumping won't cut it, but we want to be able to ability spam, we have to compromise.

One solution would be to halt ER after jumping (like normal), but have it resume after a delay.

Another would be my previous idea, to slow ER overall while airborne. I really like this idea because it keeps a penalty for choosing to hover over the fight while allowing ER-based classes to actually maintain some utility.

You're right here (at least in my opinion) that it's a silly mechanic, and I wouldn't grieve if it were removed. Unfortunately, I believe the devs wouldn't entertain such an idea, and that we will be stuck flying against the wall for ER.

IGN:
    Scrubthulu | Main: Chloromancer | T. Mastery: 450+ | Transmog: Higher Halo, Coping Optics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast