+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Trove Livestream Notes 20/07/2018

  1. #1
    Senior Member Shirokiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    347

    Post Trove Livestream Notes 20/07/2018

    Welcome to the latest live stream notes thread!

    Tonight the team discussed the next update to hit the game, the improvements update. Named so conventionally as it will be an improvements update! It will contain basically a nice bunch of quality of life tweaks that the team have been working on including many suggested via the forums.

    With this the PTS is now open again for testing.

    2 new maps have been added in PTS for bomber royale, they weren't meant to be but you can test them out should you wish.

    Upcoming extra life packs were mentioned

    One feature of the patch notes was discussed, a new club permission regarding the presidency of a club. With the update, a new type of permission will be added to all club members, optional to remove. This will allow presidents to decide if they ever want anyone to take over the club if they go away for a long time.





    PTS Patch Notes
    In-game command to transfer your live account to PTS is /exportaccount

    Questions and Answers Session:

    Could Vanguardian get more costumes?
    Yes, we have a few in the works and at least 1 will come with the next major geode release.

    Any plans on slowly incorporating patron to Geode as some primarily play Geode?
    No plans right now to incorporate patron in the geode content. Its not ruled out for the future but not for the immediate list. Our top priority is getting the combat on the surface of Geode right now.

    When will new auras be released for us to use our prisms of light?
    A new task was just added to add some auras to it, it will come alongside the combat update on geode.

    Why cant we pick the white colour name when the new update hits?
    It was something that we gave the ability to pick from the colours you have earnt as opposed to the default colour. We'll look into adding white.

    When will the patch go live?

    We've not announced a date yet, but it will be sometime in August.

    Can we have more ways to obtain binding darkness?
    Good question, will look into it, don't have an answer right now.

    When is the next costume sale will you bring back costume packs?
    I don't have a date for this but yes,we will bring back some of the costume packs.

    Will you every change adventurine being able to be loot collected into glim?
    Yes, this is in the improvements update.

    Will we ever get chocolate sponges?

    Yes, it is in the improvements update.

    Is it possible to have more detailed audio settings?
    no plans for that right now, given our long list of features and requests its not near the top.

    When is the next event?

    I believe it's early august, I'll get back to you.

    Is there going to be a new rarity more powerful than stellars?
    We'll have to see, there is a lot of cool new stuff coming out.

    Any new sinks for cubits?

    No plans right now, if you are worried about sinks, its likely you aren't using regemerators often as that seems to be the biggest sink. We'll keep an eye on it.

    Are the 3k credit costume packs coming back?
    Yes, no date to give.

    Could you make it so using lodestars on gold and silver companion eggs prevent duplicates?
    No sorry, that would make lodestars crazy valuable and we have no plans to make eggs function as unlockers even with lodestars right now.

    What's the plan for the Ice Sage rework? Do you plan to make it more of a hard hitting aoe damage class or are you leaning more towards a tank with utility and crowd control?
    It's on PTS right now, go check it out.

    Assuming there'll be more world boss-like enemies in-game, would you consider doing another round of "Create a Trove boss, like a boss" contest?
    We don't have plans right now, if a lot of people post sweet bosses then maybe we could find stuff to do with them.

    Any plans to add bomber royale themed costume for all classes?
    Really nice idea,a nice plan for the future.

    Will you add a bootmobile mount?

    What does your ideal bootmobile look like?

    How big will the quality of life update be?
    Medium sized, not as big as Geode or the upcoming one for the surface.

    Can you please remove health regeneration from all permanent stat boosts that dragons give?

    No, health regen is one of the stats for some dragons.

    Has a tomb raiser rework been discussed in the development team?
    Were going through all the classes.

    Can you please talk about ASTRAL gear and U10 and how it will be worked into the game and what kind of pr it will be based at?
    Were still planning all that stuff, not ready to talk about it yet.
    (name not confirmed, just used for the question)

    Is there a reason that in tier 5 sunken sunvault, all the cave milk is replaced by lava?
    The hint is that it is in tier 5, its going to be more difficult and adds variety, avoiding lava and gasplants. Thats how the geode planet is. The vault goes deep enough that it hits the lava veins.

    Can you make block crafting instant or quicker?
    Are there specific blocks or just in general?
    We may consider recipes that create them en-masse for simple blocks

    Can you please make it so we can craft dragon crucible to place in our clubs?
    We'll look into it, some old clubs do have them.

    Why does Xendri only give 1 stat and 50mf?
    We just adjusted that, we agreed that they were off.

    Why is everything in the crystal bench so expensive to make?
    Math. One thing to note is that with the August update, the crystal potion will effect crystal pins and caches. There is a time to acquire factor we have in place for things too.

    The bomber royal trophy is glitched for consoles still, can you look into it?
    Yes we are aware its glitched and looking into it.

    Will you revert the club update to what it was before geode so we can get it our xp back until the fix for the missing club xp is done?
    There isn't missing club exp, we did say that it was going to be retroactive. Were investigating that but in honesty, there is a good chance we are not going to be able to make it retroactive. Apologies, we are still looking into it but there is a chance that it just isn't retroactive.

    Any plans for a crystal tome or another way to receive crystals?
    Nothing right now except for the note from earlier.

    With U10 announced, is there any plans for making changes to allow newer players to catch up in PR rank faster?
    Yes, there will be some light catch up mechanics. Combat on the surface is currently planned to start around u8, not just u10. Were still working on it so it's not just u1 for the top of the top.

    Possibility of club wars, like 1v1 in Bomber royale?
    No plans, we are experimenting with a few bomber royale things but its not club v club.

    Any chance that more geode or crystallogy adventures will be added in the future?

    Yes, definitely a chance.

    Will there be more dracolyte costumes?
    Ye, probably, it depends also on what modders put out or what our artists decide to make. 95% chance yes.
    IGN: Shirokiri | Discord: Shirokiri#4720 | Community Superstar | Trove Livestream Recapper
    Mastery: 710+


  2. #2
    Senior Member Tortorion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    237
    The missing not readed part of my question. \_(ツ)_/

  3. #3
    Senior Member pFurini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirokiri View Post
    Any new sinks for cubits?
    No plans right now, if you are worried about sinks, its likely you aren't using regemerators often as that seems to be the biggest sink. We'll keep an eye on it.

    Regemators shouldn't be the main sink since most people don't need to constantly swap classes. I would say gem booster boxes and dragon coins are decent sinks, but only until you have all drags/gems where you want. Some other simple sinks like chaos chests or pinatas, considering those are almost not worth their price in credits.

  4. #4
    "Will you revert the club update to what it was before geode so we can get it our xp back until the fix for the missing club xp is done?
    There isn't missing club exp, we did say that it was going to be retroactive. Were investigating that but in honesty, there is a good chance we are not going to be able to make it retroactive. Apologies, we are still looking into it but there is a chance that it just isn't retroactive."

    So... too good to be true huh?
    TBH lv11 clubs will not "feel" this change, because they just hit the max exp possible. Low level/low tier clubs worked/still working to level up, and this missed exp (told as retroactive) is really MISSED. We worked for this exp, we grinded for it... it should be gave back!
    I want back the exp my club is missing

  5. #5
    Senior Member fruitie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,474
    Quote Originally Posted by pFurini View Post
    Regemators shouldn't be the main sink since most people don't need to constantly swap classes. I would say gem booster boxes and dragon coins are decent sinks, but only until you have all drags/gems where you want. Some other simple sinks like chaos chests or pinatas, considering those are almost not worth their price in credits.
    It's almost as if they're telling us to gem swap the leaderboards. The problem is that for 500/1000 cubits per gem, it's just better to save your cubits and dedicate yourself to one class. It's also pretty odd that they say that since there's badges like bring 15 classes to 25k and the total pr rewards that gives incentive to levelling multiple classes, but then the augment costs and them telling us to just gem swap contradicts that.

    The other main thing that irks me is the "math" comment for crystallogy. You got multiple tomes that cost thousands of crystals and yet all the tomes give terrible rewards. For example gleamstone (which could do with more sinks) gives 35 and is just weekly. It's literally worth more flux to use the much cheaper lesser tomes that can give 4 times that in flux. Then you have builderite and ancient gear tomes that also give 35 per week but you need 57.8k and 37.6k respectively in total. It will take almost 32 years to get your builderite requirements from the tome, yes it's meant to supplement it, but those rates are terrible, particularly for a legendary tome. And yet you especially need so many for the modules (and mounts/costumes but they can be postponed at least) that coincidentally come from greater crystal caches, so essentially it's trying to coerce you into spending money, except they are absurdly expensive and give terrible loot overall anyway. Because math right? Not only that, but you need 150 quirkstone for the lodestars, but if you want crystals you're restricted to moonglow grotto if you want to mine that ore and this restricts your choice of biome, though I'm wondering if moonglow is better for crystals because there's some terrible crystal caves in the other 2 areas. As for the 7680 crystal metamatter, I don't even know what they were smoking when they "mathed" that one, on average you get 4x more from 4k reliqs with lodes for less crystals. I suppose I'll also add that the 2 metamatter requirement of the crystal gathering potion is also bonkers, I wasted mine on a big pin party (why does it even say from all sources if it's basically only from a single source...), but you need to farm about 5k crystals in an hour just to break even. Completely not worth it, especially if you don't get good caves which are completely rng.

    The whole "math" bothers me with all aspects of the game, I've complained about augments in the past, but there's just a ridiculous difference from the golden vale (which I appreciate apart from the golden ticket thing...) and world boss versions, to the starfire one that I'm not even sure a single person has even got that legit. Yet I for one just view them as mastery fodder and for minimal stats because there are so many of them, it's hard to view them in any other light. This confuses me. They act as if it's all balanced by their design, but it feels like they make loot boxes for material requirements, and what result pops out is how much it costs, sometimes you score high, sometimes you don't. None of it being consistent. Grind isn't necessarily terrible, but if it;s overdone, the content isn't really there and it's used too much as a replacement and the end items are basically viewed as fodder, the experience lacks.

    Those are just my relevant complaints.

  6. #6
    Senior Member pFurini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    It's almost as if they're telling us to gem swap the leaderboards. The problem is that for 500/1000 cubits per gem, it's just better to save your cubits and dedicate yourself to one class. It's also pretty odd that they say that since there's badges like bring 15 classes to 25k and the total pr rewards that gives incentive to levelling multiple classes, but then the augment costs and them telling us to just gem swap contradicts that.

    The other main thing that irks me is the "math" comment for crystallogy. You got multiple tomes that cost thousands of crystals and yet all the tomes give terrible rewards. For example gleamstone (which could do with more sinks) gives 35 and is just weekly. It's literally worth more flux to use the much cheaper lesser tomes that can give 4 times that in flux. Then you have builderite and ancient gear tomes that also give 35 per week but you need 57.8k and 37.6k respectively in total. It will take almost 32 years to get your builderite requirements from the tome, yes it's meant to supplement it, but those rates are terrible, particularly for a legendary tome. And yet you especially need so many for the modules (and mounts/costumes but they can be postponed at least) that coincidentally come from greater crystal caches, so essentially it's trying to coerce you into spending money, except they are absurdly expensive and give terrible loot overall anyway. Because math right? Not only that, but you need 150 quirkstone for the lodestars, but if you want crystals you're restricted to moonglow grotto if you want to mine that ore and this restricts your choice of biome, though I'm wondering if moonglow is better for crystals because there's some terrible crystal caves in the other 2 areas. As for the 7680 crystal metamatter, I don't even know what they were smoking when they "mathed" that one, on average you get 4x more from 4k reliqs with lodes for less crystals. I suppose I'll also add that the 2 metamatter requirement of the crystal gathering potion is also bonkers, I wasted mine on a big pin party (why does it even say from all sources if it's basically only from a single source...), but you need to farm about 5k crystals in an hour just to break even. Completely not worth it, especially if you don't get good caves which are completely rng.

    The whole "math" bothers me with all aspects of the game, I've complained about augments in the past, but there's just a ridiculous difference from the golden vale (which I appreciate apart from the golden ticket thing...) and world boss versions, to the starfire one that I'm not even sure a single person has even got that legit. Yet I for one just view them as mastery fodder and for minimal stats because there are so many of them, it's hard to view them in any other light. This confuses me. They act as if it's all balanced by their design, but it feels like they make loot boxes for material requirements, and what result pops out is how much it costs, sometimes you score high, sometimes you don't. None of it being consistent. Grind isn't necessarily terrible, but if it;s overdone, the content isn't really there and it's used too much as a replacement and the end items are basically viewed as fodder, the experience lacks.

    Those are just my relevant complaints.

    The tomes are ridiculous, only worth it for the mastery. They would be worth it if they were normal tomes or gave 20x more stuff


    Geode is so much grind that after fluxing my way through the bench levels I stopped it.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    26
    Have you considered some sort of compensation for the club XP issue? Maybe give us an all week club xp bonus. I understand that it might be tricky to get this sorted out so that might be at least something for us smaller clubs

  8. #8
    Senior Member INN3R_C4L4M1TY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by LupusDominus View Post
    Have you considered some sort of compensation for the club XP issue? Maybe give us an all week club xp bonus. I understand that it might be tricky to get this sorted out so that might be at least something for us smaller clubs
    Or just give every club exp based on its current level if you don't have the data saved for the update launch. Just... Set up a function that goes through every club in the game, looks at the level, then gives (the old requirement - the new requirement) exp to the club for each level the club hit. Giving a few clubs some extra exp is better than giving everyone 0.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts