+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Livestream Notes 13/07/2018

For the forming teams in geode can probably set up the tethering system partly so people tethered can be all grouped in the same cave. Can probably do the members list and gas just to see who has how much time left. Other part can be have the symbols show and maybe even have it show through walls up to a certain distance. Having it where loot gains going to that group would be a bad thing to leave in. At the very least is have people be able to connect to warp togther is all. Given the whole inviting thing pops up and been trying to think of ideas
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

Quote Originally Posted by kaizer killer View Post
    For the forming teams in geode can probably set up the tethering system partly so people tethered can be all grouped in the same cave. Can probably do the members list and gas just to see who has how much time left. Other part can be have the symbols show and maybe even have it show through walls up to a certain distance. Having it where loot gains going to that group would be a bad thing to leave in. At the very least is have people be able to connect to warp togther is all. Given the whole inviting thing pops up and been trying to think of ideas

Just what I said

http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...ks-past-update

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokiri View Post
    Welcome to the latest live stream notes thread!

[COLOR="black"]Can you look into allowing us to invite to geode caves?
    We'll look into it, there are reasons that we have to be careful about like exploits where people could invite players further down in the caves than they should etc.

I kind of feel like this is either a lie, or a cop out. How is this any different than prohibiting people from inviting people into worlds they don't have the PR for? I would think it pretty easy to set a check system looking for a certain GAS/module/etc requirement just like used for the PR situation. I was EXTREMELY pissed over this issue because it completely defeats the point of calling it an MMO - I play to hang out and share grinds with friends. This was a very disappointed oversight and I feel like it was just ignored outright.

Why would Geode make a system like that any harder than out in the Trovian world?

Quote Originally Posted by Durwah View Post
    I kind of feel like this is either a lie, or a cop out. How is this any different than prohibiting people from inviting people into worlds they don't have the PR for? I would think it pretty easy to set a check system looking for a certain GAS/module/etc requirement just like used for the PR situation. I was EXTREMELY pissed over this issue because it completely defeats the point of calling it an MMO - I play to hang out and share grinds with friends. This was a very disappointed oversight and I feel like it was just ignored outright.

Why would Geode make a system like that any harder than out in the Trovian world?

The problem is: you run out of gas in t3, get back to hub, your friend invites you back into t3 already.
    Of course it would make the experience better being able to skip the first few tiers, but that's not what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by pFurini View Post
    The problem is: you run out of gas in t3, get back to hub, your friend invites you back into t3 already.
    Of course it would make the experience better being able to skip the first few tiers, but that's not what they want.
    Other potential outcomes;
    Getting spam invited by trolls to teirs that automatically kill you.
    Mass invites to a golden egg, invalidating anyone who worked hard to do the content to even find one (yes I'm still salty about the boxes)
    Increase in multi-boxers and general lag in the mines from bot user spam inviting their alts to slow down everyone else. (You notice the second sellable/tradable items hit the market, there was a massive influx of flux-selling spam bots)
    etc

Its a nice idea but not beneficial to this particular system. If the caves were deeper than T5, I'd be more willing to push it, but after about a week of play, I'm not having any real problems in the caves. Teach others how to travel quickly and well and small groups are easily done (Now if they'd just fix the USA/EU server split for the caves...)
    Knight : 22/7.6 Guns : 18/5.9 Fae : 30/8.9 Draco : 30/10.8 Neon : 20/7.9 Barb : 20/6.8 Sage : 19/6.6 Hunt : 30/8.6 Pirate : 30/12.4 Boom : 30/15.2 Tomb : 30/13.8 Lunar : 17/6.9 Rev :17/6.6 Chloro : 30/18.5 Dino : 17/7.2 Vang : 0/0

*facepalms* Okay... so:

"The problem is: you run out of gas in t3, get back to hub, your friend invites you back into t3 already.
    Of course it would make the experience better being able to skip the first few tiers, but that's not what they want."

First off, the friend invite/join has been a part of the game for how long? They KNEW this feature was used and desired before they even started designing Geode. That aside, who cares if that's what "they" want? If they want people to invest in this new material, or give them money, they need to provide a product people want with features people want. It's, literally, their job - provide a product people want to pay for.

In addition, it's no different than using friends to be able to rubber band around the Trovian world with invites/joins: Find a candy dragon? Join/Invite. Need to clear inventory but come back to where you left off? Join/Invite. Found the boss/ore/etc you need? Join/Invite.... So unless they're saying outright that they are ACTIVELY trying to time-gate players there really is no issue here - NONE.

----------------------------------

"Getting spam invited by trolls to teirs that automatically kill you."

Not if the ability to join/invite is tied to module levels/upgrades as I talked about - DER. Beyond that, oh no, you got invited to a spot and got instantly sent back to the Sanctuary - The horror. And you can block spam trolls. SMDH.

"Mass invites to a golden egg, invalidating anyone who worked hard to do the content to even find one (yes I'm still salty about the boxes)"

Who cares? Everyone gets their own egg and frankly, as you pointed out, there are boxes (btw, get over it). They COULD have just made it first-come-first-serve. I mean how is it any different than forming golden soul/dragon/fragment/etc groups which scour various worlds and then join/invite around to maximize gains? Not to mention you can PAY to get most things people have to grind themselves to death to get anyway, so stop pretending like this is somehow a problem.

"Increase in multi-boxers and general lag in the mines from bot user spam inviting their alts to slow down everyone else. (You notice the second sellable/tradable items hit the market, there was a massive influx of flux-selling spam bots)
    etc"

Gee... and this is not an issue in the Trovian world already? Wtf? This is something that happens in almost every MMO so if that's a problem to you, just don't play online games. And you do realize the flux farmers are there because there are buyers. Just make rare things/mounts/companions/etc untradeable - they already do this with some things, so why not others? Frankly, I would rather grind the flux and buy the Geode mats to make what I want than go boringly trudge through the equivalent of a phone game on what's SUPPOSED to be a MMO. Flux farming is easy, even for a noob (highest class: BR 30 <PR 7.5k>).

I literally have NOT been doing practically ANY Geode thing because... well, its boring and I can't share the grind with my friends (but apparently sharing the grind with random strangers is okay). How is forming a Geode group not creating the very problems you're complaining about?

Of course... they also could have just put in an even better option: Join/Invite to WORLD - the invite/join puts them at the starting point of that particular cave world you're in. TADA. No issues AND you can be in the same cave as your friend without ANY of the issues you are "worried about".

This is why I say they're not even trying and don't even care. They literally created a pointless mining app, stripped away all the fun things people enjoy about the Trovian experience, and made it ridiculously costly to craft and time-gated out the arse. It doesn't even feel like a complete expansion, nor does it have any end-game direction to build towards. Heck, they've even said Geode play won't be necessary for U10 stuff when it comes out - so why?!

(still salty at the way Trion runs their games)

Quote Originally Posted by Durwah View Post
    (text)

invite/join

(text)
    While it is true that join/invite does not work, it is not true that you can not farm geode with your friends.

In fact I am almost each time doing cave farms with the same few peoples and sharing cave stuff like this makes defintielly much more fun.

To enter together with a friend, makie sure you both have set the same region settings in the Glyph launcher (either EU or NA), and make sure to join quickly behind eachother. Except on very buisy days with one server beeing down, you have a time window of over 10 seconds for the party to enter. If not everyone made it inside, just regroup in Sanctuary and retry, until everyone is in the same Cave at spawn together.

Well, however....
    While it is true that you can group with friends if you want to, it is also true that Trion does has a system here that is not really completelly thought-through. There can definitelly be improvements that allow a small group of peoples to always enter together. Some kind of party system, Tether or a Geode-exclusive joining function.

What you need to consider here is:
    Normal Join/invite can not really work in Geode, since Geode is a completelly different game mode. The purpose in Geode is to run out of GAS at some point and to force players into upgrading modules in oder to reach deeper Tiers.

If invite would work then player A and player B could farm together. When both players have about 10% GAS left, then player A can return to sanctuary and player B invites player A back into the same cave. Player A now has full GAS again since he just joined a new world. Then player B does do the same. Like this, both can stay forever in caves and bypass necessarity to upgrade modules or the purpose of higher Tiers which is to be unaccessible.

This is also the reason why Trion did fix the ability for players to heal with Prowling Shadow with lightspeed, since it counters one of the core ideas of Geode.

On a personal note:
    YES I do deeply agree that - how Geode is now - it feels like a singleplayer game, unless you try things and methods to still play with friends and people you know.

I feel like everyone here is ignoring one little thing. Leaving a world and coming back to it doesn't refill your GAS. If you do it with 0 GAS, you just get stuck in that world, unable to do anything until you leave. Everyone saying that you can refill GAS by inviting clearly hasn't tested the system enough.

The only exploit available is giving someone a head start by letting them effectively spawn further down, and that can easily be countered with Durwah's 'invite to WORLD' suggestion.

Well you're still having a bit of a limit of omni tool so even if get ahead gas starts to burn super fast and can't mine a ore that don't have the level for. At most gain is gathering plants given once out of curiosity went as far as could go. I doubt to save time is in the caves have ports for each tier to cut out the running part
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

Quote Originally Posted by INN3R_C4L4M1TY View Post
    I feel like everyone here is ignoring one little thing. Leaving a world and coming back to it doesn't refill your GAS. If you do it with 0 GAS, you just get stuck in that world, unable to do anything until you leave. Everyone saying that you can refill GAS by inviting clearly hasn't tested the system enough.

The only exploit available is giving someone a head start by letting them effectively spawn further down, and that can easily be countered with Durwah's 'invite to WORLD' suggestion.
    Where do you have that information? It is not like you can test this anyhow.

Given that you are right, then Trion could allow joining/inviting in a limited matter: by making the teleport not end at the very same position of the targetted player but always at the spawn of a cave.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast