+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Golden Ticket Chests need to be buffed! Also... an apology to Chronozilla.

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar

Thumbs up Golden Ticket Chests need to be buffed! Also... an apology to Chronozilla.

Before I start, I need to apologize to Chronozilla about my bad-mouthing about them on Reddit. It appears that they have not received my private messages containing my apologies that I have sent twice in the past month, and it seems that they have not read my reply containing my apology on their post.
    If you want to see the post in which I called out Chronozilla, it is here:
    The original post
    What I said about them was very immature and childish. I went into a blind rage and called them nasty words when they were just trying to make the Trove community better.
    I know what I did was wrong. I feel terribly guilty about it. I normally don't act like this, I don't like calling out people because I feel bad when I do it. I don't know what came over me.
    Please, I just want to make things right again. My multiple apologies over June on Reddit have not been heard, so I am going to do it here. If Chronozilla is reading this, I hope you can forgive me (even though I most likely do not deserve it)

Alright, now it's time to get to the second part of this post.
    I have talked about this on Reddit, and I do not know if a developer has seen it, so I am going to do it here.
    Golden ticket chests this year just suck. Sure, Silver and Gold companion eggs are somewhat good, and Hyper Piñata EX is really good, but golden vale fragments just suck. 1 fragment as a common drop is okay, but 3 as uncommon is bad, and 10 fragments as a rare drop just plain p**ses me off. I normally do not like cussing, I don't cuss in the real world, but this is just absurd!!! As me and TJ13 (I'm assuming to be Tj136) have discussed, 10 golden vale fragments is just not worth it, especially because you can easily get 10 fragments from 5 minutes of farming on dragon day. This is a huge letdown, considering that 70 golden ticket chests takes at least 2 hours to get, if you are lucky. I'd rather have 10 Bound Brilliance than 10 golden vale fragments, because 10 bound brilliance, ever since the boons disappeared, is better. But you can get Bound Brilliance from global drops! I don't know why the developers think that Bound Brilliance can drop from dungeons. They keep on saying this as either an excuse to make this game even more pay-to-win, or they really do not know that Bound Brilliance is not a global drop. So, as I always say in my complaints, developers, if you can read this, please change golden ticket chest drops!

P.S. If a developer reads this, I want you to know that I used to support you in every way I could. When you made a bad update, I always defended you when the community accused you guys of being greedy. When you couldn't fix bugs on time, I always told everyone on why you guys can't fix everything on time, as programming is unnatural for the human brain. Now, with recent updates like Geode and the 2018 golden ticket chests, I am slowly turning from a loyal supporter into a generic toxic community member.
    And, as always, stay awesome (I don't know if I can say that anymore to the developers in my posts)

Too long; Didn't read: I made an apology to Chronozilla and talked about how the golden ticket chests are bad this year.
    Note: I am only going to use the forums for the occasional developer livestream questions. I am also NOT talking about the Trion Worlds employees who were not involved in the decision for golden ticket chest drop rates.
    PSN: Benji_Yokai
    Discord: NeatherBen221

Yes that was me.
    And now with how they said that Bound Brilliance is now going to be a 5K PR reward (Probably for Character PR) meaning that we will get 1 less emp box per character and what 1 BB a week?

They really should add it to a crafting bench instead of trying to put it somewhere where it's still timegated.

But you can get Bound Billiance from global drops!
    The developers never said this.

They did say they are monitoring global drops, but that didn't mean from enemies killed, it means Bound Brilliance obtained globally - as in, Brilliance obtained by anyone from all sources.

Ticket chests this year are good for the most part, and it makes sense that they would remove the particularly good prizes from the drop tables since it's possible to grind for them this year. I do agree that the dragon egg fragments in particular are useless, though, and would better be replaced with something else. I'm not sure Bound Brilliance would be the best replacement, but they should be replaced with something. (One common suggestion I've seen is to add every possible x100 egg fragment to the drop table, with a random one being awarded for each drop.)

And now with how they said that Bound Brilliance is now going to be a 5K PR reward (Probably for Character PR) meaning that we will get 1 less emp box per character and what 1 BB a week?
    This I don't remember hearing anywhere. Did they say it in a livestream?

I did see this in a livestream recap thread, though:

Were closely monitoring the global drops and consumption of bound brilliance.Well evaluate the impact of removing the radiant dayspring after Geode releases. If its unacceptable, we will likely create a recipe to craft bound brilliance that drains currencies which are in desperate need of a sink.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It's supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rayr
    ~~ Main class: Vanguardian | Power Rank: 24,845 | Total Mastery: 619 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 15/17 | 30/31 | 3/3 ~~

People are going to have different opinions and we all need to accept that, unfortunately so many people don't seem to accept that. However I will say that so many people do seem to be quite biased at times. Everyone has said stupid stuff at some point (which can also be quite worrying when we may not have control over data that we've already put out there), the only true fool is one that stays that way.

As for golden ticket boxes, yes those fragments do seem quite insulting, and bound brilliance could have been a decent replacement. I'm currently at 162 frags and since I already have the dragon unlocked, it will give pittance. Drops won't change however, not for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirare View Post

They did say they are monitoring global drops, but that didn't mean from enemies killed, it means Bound Brilliance obtained globally - as in, Brilliance obtained by anyone from all sources.

Ticket chests this year are good for the most part, and it makes sense that they would remove the particularly good prizes from the drop tables since it's possible to grind for them this year. I do agree that the dragon egg fragments in particular are useless, though, and would better be replaced with something else. I'm not sure Bound Brilliance would be the best replacement, but they should be replaced with something. (One common suggestion I've seen is to add every possible x100 egg fragment to the drop table, with a random one being awarded for each drop.)

I did see this in a livestream recap thread, though:
    They announced the BB as a 5k PR reward in today's stream.

The point is that they said "Monitoring" meaning that it's dropping somewhere but in reality there is none.

Point here is that dragons are supposed to be "Difficult" to get, doing this makes this one of the easiest dragons ever.

Yes it was said in livestream.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBenjiYokai View Post
    programming is very hard and unnatural for the human brain.
    XDDDDDDDD

As a programmer, I like how many people perceive me as a magician. A person really proficient in programming will rarely say something is very hard or impossible. Making such excuses as a defense might question one's competence. If anything, in-game bugs are still there due to weird development priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    XDDDDDDDD

As a programmer, I like how many people perceive me as a magician. A person really proficient in programming will rarely say something is very hard or impossible. Making such excuses as a defense might question one's competence. If anything, in-game bugs are still there due to weird development priorities.
    I worded it poorly. Programming is indeed unnatural for the human brain, but if it is hard or not is entirely based on opinion. Changing my post in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
    But yes, my friends think that I am a magician also.

They said monitoring global drops. It means that is dropping somewhere in the world but there is, in fact, no drops.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ13 View Post
    Yes that was me.

They really should add it to a crafting bench instead of trying to put it somewhere where it's still timegated.
    If they add Bound Brilliance to the leaderboards I think it should be at least 50.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast